+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should I make a move?

should I make a move?

Alright guys I need some help,

I am a 18 yr old male who needs some advice about what to do about this one girl. She is a good friend of mine and lately she has been flirting and spending all of her time with me. The other day, she invited me to go along with her and some of her girlfriends to see a movie, but I had prior plans which she was aware of and she was very understanding of the situation. Now the thing is that after telling her of these plans, she said that we should go see the same movie together later in the week, just me and her. When I questioned why she would go to see the same movie twice, she replied that "I do it all the time." Now when I go to the movies with her later in the week, should I attempt to make a move on her? I mean she's giving me all of the clues that she is interested in me, but I'm not quite sure if she is going to be cool with me making a blatent pass at her. Also, I was thinking of whether or not a movie theater is a good place to go about this experiment, and also how do you guys think I should make my subtle move?
    Thanks for reading and hopefully you could give me some advice.

I think she's definately interested. Movie theater is a good place to "make your move," becuase if she isn't interested you have a good hour of silence to blow it off ;-) Plus it's dark and you don't have to look at each other right away. Reach for her hand or something. That's classic, and if she is not interested she won't be offended (unless you miss and grab her chest, lol). Just be cool. I think it's pretty obvious that she asked you out, though.
    We can be heroes just for one day.

haha thanks for the reply. I'll def take your advice into consideration.

I thought MY friend was interested. She kept inviting me out to lunch and go shopping with her and this and that. I thought to myself, "She's gotta be into me a BIT. It's not normal to hang out with your guy friend like this or this much. Specially considering we weren't THAT great friends before."

But I figured I'd do a little digging. I asked her how her friends were at college, and asked about her college life. Then she says, "Yeah. I'm seeing this guy named Steve. You remember meeting him when you came to visit me?"

Turns out that she just wanted to become better friends since we lived close to each other but never hung out that much. Turns out she just wanted someone closeby to hang out with more.

Dealing with someone who's already a friend can be a tough call. I'd probe a little deeper before committing to a move. Ask about her social life, ask about any possible guys in her life, stuff like that. But ask in a "friendly" way not in a blatantly "I'm asking because I'm HOPING that you want only ME in your life." Just in case . . .

Alexi

alright well now that i think about it more, most days (90% of the time) she shows an obvious interest in me, but it is the other 10% that makes me feel that if i make a move on her that she will be offended. i guess that i just need a set of balls and go for it.

Well wait and see what she does if she seems comfortable make slow subtle moves... and hope its a long movie

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    don't make a move...yet. you don't want to appear too eager. she asked you out to a date so take things slow. women can get scared if you rush too fast because they always are worried in the back of their minds that guys only want sex. that is true for the most part, and your hormones are probably raging right now, however hold back. talk to her and see how deep her interests are, then by maybe after a week or so, see how interested she is and try something. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by 68mustang
    Alright guys I need some help,

I am a 18 yr old male who needs some advice about what to do about this one girl. She is a good friend of mine and lately she has been flirting and spending all of her time with me. The other day, she invited me to go along with her and some of her girlfriends to see a movie, but I had prior plans which she was aware of and she was very understanding of the situation. Now the thing is that after telling her of these plans, she said that we should go see the same movie together later in the week, just me and her. When I questioned why she would go to see the same movie twice, she replied that "I do it all the time." Now when I go to the movies with her later in the week, should I attempt to make a move on her? I mean she's giving me all of the clues that she is interested in me, but I'm not quite sure if she is going to be cool with me making a blatent pass at her. Also, I was thinking of whether or not a movie theater is a good place to go about this experiment, and also how do you guys think I should make my subtle move?
    Thanks for reading and hopefully you could give me some advice.
    This sort of things never work, I don't wanna be a negative jackass but it sounds pretty risky to me. Ofc if you got the guts and willing to take the risk of getting the label: sex-depraved jackass - then go for it!

ouch man. I definately dont come off as a "sex-depraved jackass" so I dont think I have to worry about that. Thanks for the imput though.

well you have to also think about her statement "i do this all the time" what does that mean? ya it means she watches the same movie twice or invites other guys to see the same movie later in the week. how do you know for sure? if she's comfortable asking "friends" to see movies alone, she's comfortable with guys making moves on her and she'll know how to handle that situation. it doesn't matter what you do on the "date", what matters is how she sees you. if you act different in a way that she'll remember, you're golden. just do what you feel should be done. don't force yourself, and also don't just sit there. go to the movie, and then after it's over or before it starts ask to get a jamba juice or something...get to talking outside of the theatre.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."