+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting over a break up.

Getting over a break up.

Yeah, it's me again. So I broke up with my boyfriend, I posted it two weeks ago in this forum. I called him last week and met with him. He says he still loves me, but just needs to straighten up his life. I told him I don't think it would ever work out because I don't feel appreciated enough. He is in a fork in the road in his life, so to speak. He is trying to be more responsible, he's taking 3 summer courses, getting back into shape, has a new job, and all those nice things that we want in our men. He says that he doesn't know how long it will take for him to straighten himself out, and he doesn't know what he wants romantically. He might even want to see other people.

He doesn't want us to talk for a couple more weeks. He told me to go out and date other guys while we're broken up. Meanwhile, I'm a total wreck. I can't seem to get myself out of this slump. It's been two weeks since I broke up with him, but I still cry myself to sleep every night.

Okay, my question is this: Should I wait and see what he decides? I don't think I should, because I don't think it could go back to the way it was between us.

How can I get over him? It seems so impossible, and every day I have to stop myself from contacting him. What should I do?
    We can be heroes just for one day.

I am bumping this up because I guess it got buried under everyone else's break up problems ;-)
    We can be heroes just for one day.

sorry to hear you are having these problems. all i can tell you is that you should embrace this sadness. take it all in. i don't know what other people should be telling you, but in my opinion i think you should cry all of this out. don't wait on him to make his decision. he's a fool. if he doesn't know what he wants in life, how is that going to make you happy if he decides to be with you. you can only be complete when each person feels completely happy. lose the guy. find someone that knows what they want and how they are going to get it. i wish you the best of luck! if you need someone to listen, i'm here.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

Eh yeah your gonna be doing a lot of crying and feeling a lot of pain.... but what you can try to do is go out with some friends let loose a little bit.. talk about it.. get all your feelings out....... and then move on to something, and someone better... he will end up realizing he lost something great.... Ive always felt that if your in a relationship, your other half is suppose to help out with whatever problems u have in life or at least be given the chance too do so, and if neither of that happens.. obviously you werent important enough to where they let you in to help.
    Sucks to be single -_-;;

not necessarily true. what you're saying is like the person you are with has to deal with your shit too, e.g. personal emotional luggage. why be with someone if you aren't happy to begin with? you need to be happy within yourself before you make someone else happy. otherwise, you're both getting screwed. no pun intended.
    but ya, you need to go out and force yourself to just chill. take a walk, start conditioning, visit friends you haven't seen in a while. work a part time job around a lot of people. talk to strangers, follow bums around, do watever it takes to keep your mind off of him.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    all i can say is let time work its magic ...