+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weight ... gain...

bein 6'2'' my ideal weight with medium frame is 165-180 so i still need 25+ pounds to get there

Do most of you only do Cardio and no weights, that why you are so skinny? or just barely eat?

I'm 170 Ibs. and I thought I was heavy for my frame, but compared to most of you, I feel like it's a reasonable weight.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    So to be blunt I am 6'1" and weight 140lbs. I am more comfortable with the body my genes gave me now than growing up.. but I would much rather be a healthier weight. I would like to gain 20-40 more lbs and be fully comfortable but I am asking for help with good weight gain supplements.

I tried some back in H.S. with multi-vitamins with no luck. I'd like to give it another try now though. Anyone had any success with any legit products? Also note I'm not a gym junkie.

thanks
    laziness isn't going to get you anywhere with this one. if you're looking to gain muscle mass, then you're going to have to start exercising, mainly weight lifting. otherwise, if you're looking to gain 20+ pounds, start hitting up your mcdonalds.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

You wanna gain weight, you are going to have to work for it.

You're a young guy, your metabolism is going to be in overdrive and your probably consuming well over the allotted 2,000 calories a day that is recommended.

Your body is still filling out and defining itself which requires tremendous amounts of food to sustain cell growth and development.

If you want to bulk up you need to start lifting and eating protein for muscle development. Contrary to what some people think, you will actually GAIN weight by lifting and exercising because muscle is denser than fat which will cause weight gain when you replace the same volume of fat with muscle.

I just started a competition at my work today that is a spin off of "The Biggest Loser." The competition is based off of body fat percentage, so I can compete. I'm 6'5" and weighed in at 184, with 11% body fat. I am shooting for 8% body fat by the end of the 13 weeks we have in the competition and it should net me around 10 pounds of muscle gain.

Moral of the story: ya wanna bulk up and gain weight, start converting your fat to muscle.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Yea thats all good but I work and go to school full time so I dont have time, or money, to go to a gym. I got some muscle milk and I'm gonna try rejuvinating my home workout plan. I stopped last summer because after a year i had gone no where. Gonna pick up some more weights and hopefully with the supplements I might see a change this time. Regardless of how skinny i am the fact i cant see my abs anymore kinda scares me :p

i was reading a little bit and found it funny that all the food they say i should eat ... im already eating ... tuna, chicken, eggs, nuts, yogurt, cheese, pasta, cereal ... so i guess not much to change there

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Yea thats all good but I work and go to school full time so I dont have time, or money, to go to a gym. I got some muscle milk and I'm gonna try rejuvinating my home workout plan. I stopped last summer because after a year i had gone no where. Gonna pick up some more weights and hopefully with the supplements I might see a change this time. Regardless of how skinny i am the fact i cant see my abs anymore kinda scares me :p
    The guys in basic use their body almost exclusively for all their exercises. You don't need a gym to build muscle, you just need to know how to use your body as resistance.

I'll give you an example, cross one foot over the other and put your hands together to form a triangle, then try doing a push up......

Don;t worry about your abs, they take a LONG time to get, heel I haven't seen my six pac in 4 or 5 years.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

i myself is underweight for my height. Need to gain some weight of about 15-20 lbs. even if i eat a lot, it doesn't seem to contribute on my weight.. i tried going to the gym, but still it doesn't give a change. ugh.

well im counting calories to make sure i get more than enough, and I got some cytosport muscle milk to give me a lil boost. I'm thinkin of tryin some ON serious mass for evan more calories in a true test to see if i can once and for all gain weight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12