+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok, I went her number. Need some help on what to do [One week until I see her to ask]

Ok.

Well either way, I called.

She was surprised. Idk whether good or not.

She said she cannot on Friday and will have to see what she is doing on Saturday.

I told her to just text me back and let me know, and I think she nervously said ok.

I am pretty sure it was a no.

Oh well... it was a decent run. (No it wasn't)

I'm curious as to how the conversation went. What did you say? What did she say?
    I don't chase, I replace.

Well at first I called and she didn't answer. I left a message.

15 minutes later she called me back.

It went roughly like this:

Me: "Hey"
    Her: "Heeey"
    Me:"Hey, so Laura I was wondering... I thought that it would be fun if you and me went iceskating on Friday or Saturday night. "
    Her: "Ahahaha! Seriously!?"
    Me: "Yeah, I think it'd be soem good fun hehe"
    Her: "Umm well Friday I can't because I am doing something (i couldnt catch what it was) and Idk what I am doing Saturday. I will see what Im doing"
    Me: "Alright. Well, just go ahead and text me and let me know"
    Her:"Uhh, alright" [something like that]

But now she is texting me.. A normal conversation. Like 15 minutes after I called her, she texts me with "Hey there " and I figured it had something to do with ice skating and now she is jsut talking.

What the HECK is going on???

Quote Originally Posted by thechampanon View Post
    You'll be asking this question for years bud. In all seriousness though, it sounds as if she was a little nervous/excited when you called her. I'd say keep talking by text now and then. Hopefully she'll be able to go out with you this weekend, but don't be pushy about it or you'll come off as desperate and annoying.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Just don't keep talking to her all the time. You aren't dating her so draw some lines and keep some things to talk about for when you finally hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I'm curious as to how the conversation went.
    I wonder if the conversation went as well as he went her number
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Well at first I called and she didn't answer. I left a message.

15 minutes later she called me back.

It went roughly like this:

Me: "Hey"
    Her: "Heeey"
    Me:"Hey, so Laura I was wondering... I thought that it would be fun if you and me went iceskating on Friday or Saturday night. "
    Her: "Ahahaha! Seriously!?"
    Me: "Yeah, I think it'd be soem good fun hehe"
    Her: "Umm well Friday I can't because I am doing something (i couldnt catch what it was) and Idk what I am doing Saturday. I will see what Im doing"
    Me: "Alright. Well, just go ahead and text me and let me know"
    Her:"Uhh, alright" [something like that]

But now she is texting me.. A normal conversation. Like 15 minutes after I called her, she texts me with "Hey there " and I figured it had something to do with ice skating and now she is jsut talking.

Well, now the ball's in her court. If there's a 3 day rule for asking for a date, there surely must be a 2 day rule for accepting one.

Don't ask her anything about it, continue to be polite and REPLY to her texts only (don't initiate the conversation).

If she tries to accept your date offer any time later than Wednesday, tell her "Sorry, I didn't hear from you so I made other plans."

This will match her "playing hard to get" game playing action for action.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 11-02-09 at 08:42 AM.

I am not the kind of guy that is in the position to play "hard to get".

I seem to not be the most desired of women. Or I am just not that confident.

Also, I am thinking she may be a "dirty girl" if you know what I mean. I am a little worried about that, because I don't want to really be with a... you know... a slut...

Also, I am thinking she may be a "dirty girl" if you know what I mean. I am a little worried about that, because I don't want to really be with a... you know... a slut...
    What the hell gives you that impression? You said you don't even know her.

Don't be one of those assholes that judges someone without knowing them.

Her MySpace URL is (not exact) dirty little thing.

Her quote thingy is "Let's play carpenter. First we'll get hammered... then I'll nail you!" (What does that mean? hehe)

And some of her pics. Ex:[url]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_293dcac5d0fb411db0eb0831183534a7.jpg[/url]
    But you are right, I shouldn't be judging. I have no right to.

She has shown me nothing but a good personality so far.

A lot of high school girls do things like that. You'll likely see quite a few of them with little playboy bunny stickers, but it doesn't mean they're going to drop their tops.

Just because you don't have "rock star" good looks doesn't mean you aren't in the position to demand and expect from a girl the same level of courtesy and respect that you show to her. I suspect that if you have any problem attracting girls, it's probably a lack of self-confidence more than a defect in attractiveness.

Of course, my advice is not immediate ... she may well text you back tonight or tomorrow and accept your date offer, so it's not a problem yet ... allow her a little bit (more than 15 minutes) of coyness at least, it's the only tool girls have at their disposal. I just suggested that you plan for the worst in case it happens.

Where did the "dirty girl" concern come from???? EDIT-explained already

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 11-02-09 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    A lot of high school girls do things like that. You'll likely see quite a few of them with little playboy bunny stickers, but it doesn't mean they're going to drop their tops.
    Yeah true. Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Just because you don't have "rock star" good looks doesn't mean you aren't in the position to demand and expect from a girl the same level of courtesy and respect that you show to her. I suspect that if you have any problem attracting girls, it's probably a lack of self-confidence more than a defect in attractiveness.

Of course, my advice is not immediate ... she may well text you back tonight or tomorrow and accept your date offer, so it's not a problem yet ... allow her a little bit (more than 15 minutes) of coyness at least, it's the only tool girls have at their disposal. I just suggested that you plan for the worst in case it happens.

Where did the "dirty girl" concern come from???? EDIT-explained already

Carl.
    See: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/422872-post70.html[/url]

And I don't know. I guess some of the stereotypes got in my head, and I thought of the worst.

Her MySpace URL is (not exact) dirty little thing.

Her quote thingy is "Let's play carpenter. First we'll get hammered... then I'll nail you!" (What does that mean? hehe)

And some of her pics. Ex:[url]http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/61/l_293dcac5d0fb411db0eb0831183534a7.jpg[/url]
    But you are right, I shouldn't be judging. I have no right to.

She has shown me nothing but a good personality so far.

One thing it's never too young to learn ... NEVER react to anything you see on a MySpace page. It's a VANITY site.

Carl.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast