+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Money in relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    but seriously, guys have to go through their whole life with those expectations, no matter of their financial status. my friend lost his job recently, and the girl that he is seeing now still expects him to pay.
    At that point I'd be kicking the woman to the curb. Yes, some women are like that, and some of us men will pay through the nose for attention.

This sounds pretty cliche, but as a man... When it comes to women, it is far easier to tolerate some of their bullshit behaviors and expectations as long as one is getting laid regularly. It's pretty much their only outlet for stress in the relationship, and when that stops, then the stress just isn't worth it.

Why a man wouldn't stop such things sooner is difficult to explain. We're expected to be tolerant and stoic to a fault.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    At that point I'd be kicking the woman to the curb. Yes, some women are like that, and some of us men will pay through the nose for attention.

This sounds pretty cliche, but as a man... When it comes to women, it is far easier to tolerate some of their bullshit behaviors and expectations as long as one is getting laid regularly. It's pretty much their only outlet for stress in the relationship, and when that stops, then the stress just isn't worth it.

Why a man wouldn't stop such things sooner is difficult to explain. We're expected to be tolerant and stoic to a fault.
    yeah, i am telling him to have a talk with her and to try and explain his situation, but inside i am yelling - kick the bitch to the curve! but i can't allow myself to be that selfish and be the one blamed for ruining their relationship.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

i don't understand why a person would go anywhere or even go on a simple date if they had just lost their job.

it doesn't sound like either of them are very sensible or reasonable really
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Women only get paid less tho, Eco b/c they don't demand their worth.

Anyway, don't you read the news? Lilly Ledbetter Act?

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_Ledbetter_Fair_Pay_Act[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

indi i wasn't referring to whether men get paid more in the same position. i was merely saying that the men will likely have a higher paying job, coz as you rightly said women tend to be martyrs and don't put themselves forward enough (but there are other reasons too not worth discussing on this thread). thats relevant i think to how dating and fair payment for the date goes along with all my other points
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i don't understand why a person would go anywhere or even go on a simple date if they had just lost their job.

they started dating before all this happened, and she is the kind of girl who likes to party, never stays home and likes to be pampered. the whole going out and wasting money part is not being initiated by him.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    it's tough being a guy. you are always expected to cash out for everything when it comes to courting women.
    Bah, It is just stupid money. I find it more challenging to deal with women period.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Bah, It is just stupid money. I find it more challenging to deal with women period.
    you know what? me too.

Misplaced piorities,that's what it is.

Life doesn't stop just because you're unemployed. Most people will not miss their rent by $20-40 (IE: Go for a walk, buy some hotdogs or kebabs, maybe a few flowers, walk more.)
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

indi i wasn't referring to whether men get paid more in the same position. i was merely saying that the men will likely have a higher paying job, coz as you rightly said women tend to be martyrs and don't put themselves forward enough (but there are other reasons too not worth discussing on this thread). thats relevant i think to how dating and fair payment for the date goes along with all my other points
    It isn't just that. In the business world they are generally viewed as a liability. They're typically the ones who will go on maternity leave, they're the ones who typically stay home when the child is sick...

I'm not saying it is fair, just that it is how they are viewed, and therefore treated and paid. Women average what? 30% less than men in the same job?

i know, it's a tough world for women

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It isn't just that. In the business world they are generally viewed as a liability. They're typically the ones who will go on maternity leave, they're the ones who typically stay home when the child is sick...

I'm not saying it is fair, just that it is how they are viewed, and therefore treated and paid. Women average what? 30% less than men in the same job?
    Equal pay for equal work, tho Lite. That's different from promotion and placement. I agree with your comment from that standpoint.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Equal pay for equal work, tho Lite. That's different from promotion and placement. I agree with your comment from that standpoint.
    I wasn't defending it, merely stating some reasons why it happens. Personally as a man who isn't going to have children I end up doing even more work than my co-workers with children. I'm the one who works late nights because I don't have kids to go home to. It's slightly better now that I'm married, but prior to that it's, "Oh you're single, it's not like you have anyone at home waiting for you."

Kind of like smokers. I wish I could take an hour's worth of extra breaks each day and not get written up for it.

I wasn't defending it, merely stating some reasons why it happens. Personally as a man who isn't going to have children I end up doing even more work than my co-workers with children. I'm the one who works late nights because I don't have kids to go home to. It's slightly better now that I'm married, but prior to that it's, "Oh you're single, it's not like you have anyone at home waiting for you."

Kind of like smokers. I wish I could take an hour's worth of extra breaks each day and not get written up for it.
    i have to agree with that, most people with kids at my work abuse those privileges and single people have to work twice as much for the same money. and smokers do go out every hour on a break, i smoke as well but only after work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast