+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friend-couples

friend-couples

Hello everyone,

We are two students in our first and second years in college, and we've run into a slight dilemma and we thought that some of you might be able to give us some positive advice!

One of us is a second year boy, and the other is a first year girl with a boyfriend 1000 miles away. The problem is that the second year boy (Adam) and the first year girl (Evelyn) tend to hang out every single day for something like 4 to 12 hours, often falling asleep together on a bed. This gives the impression to every person in the world that we are actually dating!! How silly! Adam and Evelyn aren't dating! Evelyn has a boyfriend!

Thanks, and we really appreciate your advice!

~Adam and Evelyn
    Last edited by alason; 02-02-09 at 03:02 PM.

why does this remind me of Saturday Night Live
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IDK indignant, but if my GF slept in the same bed as another guy it would be over faster than shit could hit the fan.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    IDK indignant, but if my GF slept in the same bed as another guy it would be over faster than shit could hit the fan.
    I completely and utterly agree! I would even be pissed if my girl was spending that much time with another dude, let alone sleeping in the same bed.
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by alason View Post
    The problem is that the second year boy (Adam) and the first year girl (Evelyn) tend to hang out every single day for something like 4 to 12 hours, often falling asleep together on a bed. This gives the impression to every person in the world that we are actually dating!! How silly! Adam and Evelyn aren't dating! Evelyn has a boyfriend!
    Hello Adam/Evi/Alason... LOL.

Adam likes Evelyn. That is all. Since Evelyn likes Adam back, she should break up with her absentee BF and get with Adam.

Reason: long distance relationships don't last, these two are obviously into each other, and LIFE IS SHORT.

Anyone who says anything different is lying. Unless these two are fraternal twins.

Have fun kids!
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I don't understand what the problem is. If both of you are just friends who cares what anyone else thinks?
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

hey Adam and Evleyn , your story is reminding me of two caharcters in a film i saw few days back. have you seen "sex drive"? you can get your answer in that movie. cheers

I used to take naps with my "just friend". It was a bad, bad idea. We ended up hooking up and it was a big old mess. Stop doing this.
    Spammer Spanker

hmm... if you reaaaallly don't have feelings for each other, i would suggest at least having the will power go back to your own bed. hanging out that much would seem like you Do have feelings for each other, but if you want to argue otherwise, its up to you.

its not a crime if you do have feelings for each other, but you should recognize them sooner than later. Or, if you don't want to rush/put labels on things, etc. maybe its just best if evelyn breaks up with her bf for now... ? if you love your bf enough to stay with him that far away, you would be willing to sleep alone.

ADAM AND EVELYN UPDATE!!!!!!!
    About two weeks after this post, Evelyn drunkenly broke up with her boif (over the phone) and hooked up with Adam. Thank their lucky stars it worked out okay and the two are now in a committed and sexual relationship, which (let's be honest) is the best kind.
    Adam and Evelyn... happily ever after? Hot Sex forever? Only time will tell.