+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are You So Lame In Your Choices?

Quote Originally Posted by elle View Post
    i certainly would, if girls WERE SUPPOSED to do that
    Define supposed to? Are we basing this on what you think you're not allowed to due because of stereotypical Patriarchal values? The same values that treat women as objects? The same values that dictate that women shouldn't vote or own property? That the woman should be subservient to the man? The reason why fathers GIVE the bride away at weddings?

What you are supposed to do is live your own life based upon what you want, not what you are supposed to do or not do according to "tradition".

From your first post it sounds like you're the lazy one, and you want the guys to come to you because you can't be bothered to go after what you want. Seems like a good way for YOU to end up in a so-so relationship to use your own words.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

elle, you sound pretty dumb from your posts. You think guys should do all the hard work and spend money on you. F*ck that. Then you wonder how come men go for lower maintenance girls. Idiot.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    Define supposed to? Are we basing this on what you think you're not allowed to due because of stereotypical Patriarchal values? The same values that treat women as objects? The same values that dictate that women shouldn't vote or own property? That the woman should be subservient to the man? The reason why fathers GIVE the bride away at weddings?

What you are supposed to do is live your own life based upon what you want, not what you are supposed to do or not do according to "tradition".

From your first post it sounds like you're the lazy one, and you want the guys to come to you because you can't be bothered to go after what you want. Seems like a good way for YOU to end up in a so-so relationship to use your own words.

could this be the reason why good guys don't approach girls like that? looks like women can be more shallow than guys.

"how can you choose a fat and ugly and smart girl over me!!!!look at me! I am cute! i got shit for brains, but you can stare at me and pamper me all day long!"
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

elle, just to show you how dumb you sound:

"men are supposed to be hunters who want the best of the best, but in reality what they are doing is like preferring an already dead deer (no matter how disgusting it is) where all you have to do is collect it from the ground rather than chasing a healthy, fat one."

it would be like me saying "women are suppose to be submissive to men instead of be treated as equals. Why would any guy want to date a man when they can have a woman who cooks, cleans, and takes care of his sexual needs?"

This thread is hilarious, I'm loving it
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

If a girl starts talking to him first and takes all the initiative he's almost for sure is gonna date her
    False, I have a girl trying really hard right now and taking all the initiative. Other than ****ing around with her with texts and get her hopes up(I know..I know..but it is so much fun!)..she hasn't got a shot with me at all. She isn't that bad looking either. I just don't like her.

men are supposed to be hunters who want the best of the best, but in reality what they are doing is like preferring an already dead deer (no matter how disgusting it is) where all you have to do is collect it from the ground rather than chasing a healthy, fat one. [/COLOR]
    So women are prey? Yea, we are supposed to hunt food...not women.

Oh and everyone is laughing at you because Ireland is not a Planet. It is a ****ing country. Earth is a Planet, Mars is a planet...Ireland is NOT a planet.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 06-02-09 at 02:23 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Because all we care about is some warm apple pie to dip our meathooks in.

Well, some of the guys make just riddiculous mistakes like saying "hey babe" you have to be dumb not to realize that this is a horrible opening line, or for instance ask you out and then
    No, actually it isn't. A guy that starts out with, "Hey Babe" is sending a clear message about what he's looking for and what to expect from him. You should be glad he's not more charming.

This summer during my trip i rejected like 5 guys and not because i didn't like them but because there was no point in starting dating anyone there...
    I think that was a mistake. You clearly need the practice, and what better place than away from home?

Are you pissed off at a particular guy who is going for the easy mark or guys in general? Has it occurred to you that it might be an age-related thing, this complaint of yours? If you're talking about guys under the age of 25, the likelihood of finding one that's looking for the whole love-and-harmony experience is pretty slim. Most younger guys are just looking to get laid. Period. Yes, there are exceptions, but I think it is generally true.

Have you ever been on a date in your entire life, elle?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    No, actually it isn't. A guy that starts out with, "Hey Babe" is sending a clear message about what he's looking for and what to expect from him. You should be glad he's not more charming.
    Hey Babe, is my the most used greeting

Well, I suggest you don't say it to elle! Apparently, she'll take offense.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, I suggest you don't say it to elle! Apparently, she'll take offense.
    sure, babe

Elle, you sound extremely complicated and yet surprisingly shallow all at the same time... this is neither interesting nor desired in a mate. Makes for someone who tends to complicate things and doesn't have the ability to figure out how and why the complications occurred.

I'm not a guy, but I've dated females before... the moment you opened your mouth with "I want this in a person..." I will have lost interest, side-stepped, and probably initiated a conversation with the girl next to you... regardless of whether I had a legit interest in her or not. It would drive the message home to you (hopefully) that I'm not interested in your 'high-maintenance' demands.

Men (or other people in general) are not here to serve you... and from your posts you seem to honestly believe they are.

There will be work from BOTH in the dating game... not just the male. If you want certain qualities in a person, you might have to actually put forth some effort of your own to find them rather than nagging about how they 'aren't doing it right' for you. And as for tradition... well.. **** tradition...
    Last edited by Aeradalia; 07-02-09 at 12:51 AM.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

You think guys should do all the hard work and spend money on you. F*ck that.
    Ok, let now girls run after guys. Let’s do this for men too. Maybe they should issue legislation about compulsory military service for women too? It looks like it’s only the matter of time before women take over all the supposedly “male’s work” (adding it to the present “female work”). Well of course guys don’t mind that but surprisingly, judging by some of the girls’ posts THEY are perfectly fine with it too..
    it would be like me saying "women are suppose to be submissive to men instead of be treated as equals.
    No it’s like saying men should care about women which they should.
    And ya, I’m not for extreme feminism, of course having the right to vote is a good thing, but having no one to open a door for you or pay for you, or give you his coat if youre cold is not.
    I think that was a mistake. You clearly need the practice, and what better place than away from home?
    There are enough people willing to provide this practice at home so no need to go abroad for it.

1)
    I'm not interested in your 'high-maintenance' demands.
    2)
    Men (or other people in general) are not here to serve you...
    This is for everyone:
    Well it’s actually men themselves that convinced me that they are. I really don’t know if it’s just that there are so many feminism supporters HERE or that men in real life are so drastically different from themselves on the internet but to be honest I don’t have issues with that in real life.
    My high-maintenance demands are all a result of everyone telling me how pretty and gorgeous I am. With guys it’s a predictable thing but girls even those I hardly know and of all ages say it too. (But it’s okay, since there can never bee TOO many compliments I’m always happy to hear them!) in fact the first thing that ppl associate with me is “beautiful”. So anyway when you here it all the time and realize it you start to value yourself more and your “demands” go up too. And then I’m not making, guys serve me. They start it themselves. All of them. from random guys on the streets to male teachers to friends (well and boyfriends obviously) they all are “serving” me. Teachers (especially young ones) will always give me their coat if I’m cold or hold mine if I don’t need it, or hold the door or I can miss classes or walk in 25 mins late cuz I know they are not gonna say anything to me. With guys on the streets most of them wanna ask me out.. and if I accept an invitation I will always make my “high maintenance demands” clear to him and he seems perfectly happy and even proud that he can provide it for me.
    So that’s probably why I found the above statements so .. provoking .. Nobodys ever said that to me in real life. (and of course girls supporting guys in this was a bit unexpected.)
    And the question in the thread was different too. I wanted to know why a guy can’t ever reject a girl who’s talking to him, not why guys don’t serve me, cuz they do. All the time.

This is for everyone:

My high-maintenance demands are all a result of everyone telling me how pretty and gorgeous I am.

No.. your high-maintenance demands are a result of your choice of reaction to how people treat you. Nobody forced you to be obsessed with trivial details and rather shallow. Plenty of people get complimented by others and do not become conceited as a result of it. So assume responsibility for your own actions instead of passing it on to 'everyone'.

So that’s probably why I found the above statements so .. provoking .. Nobodys ever said that to me in real life. (and of course girls supporting guys in this was a bit unexpected.)

They probably say it behind your back in real life.... which wouldn't surprise me. If the girls are supporting the guys on this, then it might be time to reevaluate your perception of males. Quite a few of the females on here have considerable experience in comparison to you... take it as an opportunity to expand your knowledge.

And the question in the thread was different too. I wanted to know why a guy can’t ever reject a girl who’s talking to him, not why guys don’t serve me, cuz they do. All the time.

Guys reject girls who talk to them all the time. Men, just like women, will seek out certain qualities in a person and if they do not find what they're looking for then they reject that person and move on.

Taking pride in how many men serve you isn't necessarily a good thing. It lends one to believe you to be rather shallow and conceited - not an exceptional prize. Maybe you're easy?
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Bloody hell, you sound exactly like a girl who considers herself gorgeous but wonders why the guys hang out with those who look decent but actually engage and have fun while talking instead of just hovering around and attempting to mysterious.

Step out of "Twilight" and into the real world.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast