+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boxing?

I took up boxing for years,I believe its the best workout that you could ever get.The 3 minutes you spend against your opponent each round really will physically and mentally exhaust you.but at the same time it really is exhilirating when your done. As far as joining to meet a guy,its probably a great idea,I know that I never saw any girls where I used to train,and believe me it would have been a welcome sight.

It is a good stress reliever... until you hit the bag so hard it swings back and knocks ur ass over.

this thread makes me want to take up boxing.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Any kind of combative training is excellent for your body. The two hottest girls I've ever met were both into kick boxing. And you don't have to actually fight, either.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kick boxing sounds fun! As long as I didn't actually have to kick or box another person.

I'd go for it. From the different things you've mentioned you seem pretty stressed. For me, just playing boxing on the Wii takes all my stress away LOL. I used to imagine it was my ex-boyfriend's face there and boy ws it a workout for me. In the end I would end up laughing.

So I can only imagine doing the real thing. I'd love to do that.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Anyone ever take Kajukenbo Martial Arts Classes?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kf7xX_jUhs"]YouTube - Jim Carrey - Unnatural Act - Martial Arts[/ame]

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I box ... or train like a boxer ...

Flock ye women ... flock ye.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

man i dont box in tha gym, i box it out wit suckas on tha streets tha think they better than me mo.

trus, i getz it in like hard body tho, sons cant mess wit me. nah mean?

I thai box 4 times per week (after fencing for 9 years), and it's the best physical exercise I've ever done.

Great cardio workout, self-confidence booster, and you'll get stronger as well

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I just noticed there's a boxing gym just down the road from here, and it has mostly younger white guys in it.

Maybe I should take up boxing?
    The cardio work out will be good for you. Plus you gain some muscles while your at it.

As long as you dont take too many shots to the head you should be fine. Its also good to need to know how to defend yourself when you need it. Plus the ladies will feel more protected under your presence.

Other than that go for Brazilian Jujitsu and Muay Thai (Thai kick boxing). That will prepare yourself well for self defense.
    Last edited by Henry123; 18-04-09 at 02:34 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12