+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ahh, middle school love

ahh, middle school love

Hey there. My name's Bob, and I like Susan. Yep. And I'm in the seventh grade. So, Susan's best friend and my best friend like each other, so it gets kinda awkward. But basically, theres a whole girls vs boys thing in my homeroom and stuff so we're not exactly friends, but we dont hate each other. when we had to sit together we kinda sat close together, and whenever someone says something to make one of us laugh in class, we look towards each other and see theyre laughing. im too nervous to ask her if she likes me. a few of her friends have teased her that she likes me, as my friends have teased me. in the hall, if we pass she might kick me softly in the shin or i might sort of elbow her, but we play around. when we talk, we really bond - we like the same things and understand what the other is saying really well. we ALWAYS look at each other in class, and i really want to know if she likes me. but also, we stick out our tongues at each other, "diss" each other and so on. but it's always playful. hey can i borrow your calculator? dont you mean steal? no, im feeling nice today. if you where feeling nice, you would've put a paper bag over your head! and we both laugh. i think she likes me and i like her. i think she thinks i like her too. i really don't know how to approach her.
    since the boys vs girls thing i cant go up to her friends and ask her, but i dont know. i'd really like some advice. as for signs that she likes me, she isn't nervous or anything so those things dont work like twirling hair. we just really seem to be similar when it comes to personality, we look at each other alot, tease and play with each other, and so on, and so forth. i really like her and if she likes me back i want to sort of ask her out. yes, i know we're young, but times are a-changin'! also, TODAY in class, when talking to my friend about her looking at me during class, he went over to her and said that i was talking about her. she kinda smiled and when he came back i sort of punched him in the shoulder and acted like i was dissapointed with him and she was looking and she giggled. plus, today in class, theres this one girl with a british accent that is really cool, whenever she talks its like a chorus for my ears, super awesome accent. susan "thinks" i like her in that she teases me about that. whenever the girl talks she looks at me and we giggle, sort of like we know that when she talks we have this thing sort of where she has to tease me about it.

thanks so much in advance
    -"bob"

People still name their kids Bob?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

lol no, but how do i know if someone from my school isnt browsing the site? fake names for the win.

Ah I see lol.

Ok, so Bob from the Enzyte commercial...tbh I didnt really read your post yet but I will when I get the chance.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Someone advise this poor boy.

Oh, and for the record, times aren't changing, and they never have.

Puberty is nothing new to middle school and junior high.

OK, so nobody else has the courage to give "flirting" advice to a 13 year old ... i'll give it a stab because it was a serious question.

Bob, you and she are at the age where recent changes in what you feel about the opposite sex are VERY confusing. Teasing, gentle punching, kicking, etc. and insults are often the normal way to express affection at your age, so I'm sure you like each other.

But I think you are both a bit young for "sort of" dating anyway. In a few years, when you are both well into your mid-teens (15-16) things will be much clearer. Take your time!

Carl.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    OK, so nobody else has the courage to give "flirting" advice to a 13 year old ... i'll give it a stab because it was a serious question.

Bob, you and she are at the age where recent changes in what you feel about the opposite sex are VERY confusing. Teasing, gentle punching, kicking, etc. and insults are often the normal way to express affection at your age, so I'm sure you like each other.

But I think you are both a bit young for "sort of" dating anyway. In a few years, when you are both well into your mid-teens (15-16) things will be much clearer. Take your time!

Carl.
    Thank you Carl.

I simply did not have the balls to say it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bob, I think you are adorable. And yes, I think she likes you, but I agree with carl that you both are too young for dating. However, her mother may allow her to hang out with groups of kids (male and female). Maybe you can try to arrange a group of kids to go ice skating or something.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My future daughter won't be dating until she's 16.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    My future daughter won't be dating until she's 16.
    Cool, when she turns 16 hook me up.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Cool, when she turns 16 hook me up.
    I wouldn't let you date my daughter no matter her age.

As a matter of fact, I would pray that you would attempt it so then I could make most of the people on LF happy after hearing that your bloody corpse was found in a drainage ditch.
    I don't chase, I replace.

What is up with all this courting and liking girls at a young age. I think I was still throwing sand at them at 13 to get their attention.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    What is up with all this courting and liking girls at a young age. I think I was still throwing sand at them at 13 to get their attention.
    Well, they are still kicking each other.

Bob- you should be warned that girls your age can be absolutely psycho. Really, you should enjoy this crush for as long as you can, but when it comes down to BF/GF situations, you should wait for as long as possible. Girls usually become quite demanding and positively nasty if they don't get what they want. They put a lot of unrealistic expectations on boys because they crave continuous attention. Then, when you can't take it anymore, the whole school will know about it, and everyone will be gossiping about you behind your back.

I think basketball is a great passtime. Occasional group outings are the optimal standard for boys your age.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    I wouldn't let you date my daughter no matter her age.
    Guess I'm gonna have to sneak in her window.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Guess I'm gonna have to sneak in her window.

By the time cbrider has a 16 year old daughter, you'll be a gross middle aged man (to a 16 yr old). So if you sneak in her window to do anything, it will likely be rape.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast