+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird... I met the ex-girlfriend of *my* ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend...

Weird... I met the ex-girlfriend of *my* ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend...

As in, the girl who used to be with the guy for whom my girlfriend left me. She left him, in what I understand was quite an unpleasant way (he has noted that it was similar to what happened between me, my gf, and him), a few weeks before he first met my then girlfriend. My girlfriend would talk about her and stuff, in the sense that she needed to be "better" than her and all that.
    So this girl's not just an irrelevant ex-girlfriend of the new guy, but is a main character in the backstory to my current (or recent, I should say) situation. It's funny how things go like that.

Today she just introduced herself (at first we didn't know who we each were), and was acting rather friendly indeed. Like, the way no one would act unless they were interested in me. Soon I started wondering if it was her, having seen pictures previously, and then she mentioned something that confirmed it. It was a bit weird, slightly awkward. She has a boyfriend now, as I mentioned above.
    She "wondered why the fates have thrown us together...", lol. A bit weird. She's nice enough, and amusingly is definately in the same "class" of woman as was my girlfriend. I mean, the same kind of look, style, interests. You'd expect that, seeing as the guy who's with my ex now found them both attractive, of course. And my ex found both he and I attractive, and it might appear that this girl finds me attractive, as well. We're all just the same kind of people, I suppose.
    I felt a bit unkindly towards her, knowing that she had done to him just what my ex did to me.

It was weird. I expect I'll bump into her again, because of where we met. I feel weird about it all now, but I'm sure it will pass. Things like that stir up the waters again, don't they.

There's no other purpose to this post, I just felt like writing it

Thanks
    Last edited by and_for_what; 12-02-09 at 12:45 AM.

What are you people swapping lovers? gimmie a break, don't date her.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

She probably wants to date you so she can screw with her ex's and your ex's new relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    What are you people swapping lovers? gimmie a break, don't date her.
    Are you joking? I was only with her for a matter of minutes. I wouldn't ever want to date her, and besides she has a boyfriend and I really, really hope that I would never be party to creating more bad feelings like those I have recently experienced, by displacing him.

I just wanted to write about it, because, as with all my other posts, I have no one else to talk to about it

Quote Originally Posted by clever_name View Post
    She probably wants to date you so she can screw with her ex's and your ex's new relationship.
    She dumped him, hard, so I doubt she minds about them. And besides, the collateral damage to her own relationship would surely be immense.

Quote Originally Posted by and_for_what View Post
    She dumped him, hard, so I doubt she minds about them. And besides, the collateral damage to her own relationship would surely be immense.
    Girls are devious like that, if they had as bad a breakup as you say they did, she may still have some angry/resentful feelings toward this guy, and while she might be interested in you, she probably knows that it will mess with their relationship if both of their ex's are dating each other.

Quote Originally Posted by clever_name View Post
    Girls are devious like that, if they had as bad a breakup as you say they did, she may still have some angry/resentful feelings toward this guy, and while she might be interested in you, she probably knows that it will mess with their relationship if both of their ex's are dating each other.
    no no no, listen: SHE dumped HIM. HE was ****ed up and hurt, SHE was fine. She moved on immediately to another man, just like my gf did. I don't know if she cheated on him first but I know he was hurt by it all. She left him because she wanted to just move on, as far as I know.
    I doubt she resents him at all.

Tiny town, and_for_what? What a kooky coincidence.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by and_for_what View Post
    Are you joking? I was only with her for a matter of minutes. I wouldn't ever want to date her
    Jee, where would I get that idea? I mean this is Loveforums and you are talking about a girl..... oh wait. You obviously thought about it or you wouldn't be thinking so hard that you would mention it.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tiny town, and_for_what? What a kooky coincidence.
    150,000 people. But, where we met was the kind of place that increased the chances of people like us meeting, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Jee, where would I get that idea? I mean this is Loveforums and you are talking about a girl..... oh wait. You obviously thought about it or you wouldn't be thinking so hard that you would mention it.
    I'm talking about it as an extension of all my other bullshit recently about my gf leaving me and blah blah blah.