+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black characters on prime time shows

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I don't disagree with self identification at all. I believe I was saying the same thing. All I am saying is that there was no need to correct Illusional's post since some people there are of "black" descent/contribution.

How the US (especially) or another countries define another human being will be different. It's a social thing in many cases. Just like this example. In the US, we have limits on how we identify people and I understand.

Back on topic:

So who can I post as a main "black" actor that will satisfy? Can the person be Latino and still "black"? What about the Carribean or some English speaking Central Americans "blacks"? There are a great number of black actors/actress of various heritages--and some may not look "black". If they idenify as black all should be well correct?
    please google it for yourself.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    please google it for yourself.
    What Arabs?

Okay, nevermind any lineage of Arabs in North Africa. The main point is the comment about North Africa. Not all North Africans are Arabs..but that was pointed out so I won't make a big deal of this.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    I don't disagree with self identification at all. I believe I was saying the same thing. All I am saying is that there was no need to correct Illusional's post since some people there are of "black" descent/contribution.
    In the context of this conversation, it was pretty obvious Illusional was referring to Africans that have black physical characteristics, not those who may have black ancestry. Don't you understand this?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    In the context of this conversation, it was pretty obvious Illusional was referring to Africans that have black physical characteristics, not those who may have black ancestry. Don't you understand this?
    Don't you understand that there are people that have "black physical characteristics" living in North Africa? Must I repeat that there was really no need to correct him no matter how you may feel about this situation. Actually he could have said almost any place. It was just a little FYI. You may do whatever you want with this information.

Ah, but I see your point for what he was saying.
    Last edited by lesa; 14-02-09 at 09:50 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, whatever Lesa. It is obviously imporatnt to you that you are right, and I don't really care enough to argue about it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I saw what you were saying. I reread the posts.

I have no issues with saying I am wrong and it's not important that I am right. I am not sure if you can tell from any of my posts. Even the one before the post you just made.

I am not arguing and I could careless. I was giving a little FYI but it went all wrong. I really know what you mean. "Whatever" is the word that tells me to back off.

I wanted to post some but I give up. I tried searching for main characters on prime time shows and could not come up with any. If there, it's not easy to find on a quick web search. I don't watch TV at all so I'm not sure I did a good search. I could think of some old shows of the past but I have no clue now. It looks like CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX do not have them. I'm sure you may find characters on the other networks.
    Last edited by lesa; 14-02-09 at 10:24 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123