View Poll Results: Glasses or Contacts ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glasses

2 33.33%
  • Contacts

4 66.67%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glasses or contacts ???

Zekk..i watched them perform the surgery on TLC a couple years back-unless the procedures changed, they pull the eyeball out by about 25% after clamping the surrounding skin down, but this was quite a while ago so it could have changed..
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

No no no, that's the old PRK procedure. The new Lasik surgery is quite different. They numb your eyes, hold them open with a clamp, use a little machine that folds a piece of your aqueous humour back and then they zap the eyeball for about 15-30 seconds then they repeat on the second. The entire operation took about 10 minutes, that includes all the time prepping, numbing and such. They gave me a Valium too so I didn't even mind what they were doing. Afterwards I went home and took a nap as they recommended and I could see once I woke up. At night I had a lot of glare and halo but that went away after about a month and a half, had to wear clear plastic goggles when I slept for a week (I wore them for two just to be safe) to keep from accidentally rubbing my eyes in my sleep. But I never had to wear big goofy goggles anywhere as some people have told me they believed, I just wore sunglasses more often cause I was a little sensitive to light for a while. But I went from 20/400 to 20/15 so it was very worth it to me.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I would love to get the surgery done but I dont have $4000 to just throw away when i can spend $150-300 for contacts. I wish my insurance would cover the shit, but they consider it cosmetic surgery...

I had glasses all up until my soph-junior year in high school. God, I hated wearing glasses my whole life. I was always made fun of by someone at every stage/school I went to. I'll never go back to wearing them in public again. Plus, I know most people inherintly see glasses as a personal flaw. Sure, some of them are stylish and nobody thinks bad about sunglasses in general, but when you see someone wearing glasses, something in your mind tells you "Hmm..bad eyes, not a good trait." And it might be thought of on a minute level, but it still can affect your relationships. Women and men both see the wearing of glasses is that it's covering up a flaw in the body, thus giving an obvious sign that that person has problems, which may affect an initial outlook in dating.
    We'd like to think we aren't so shallow, but I think everyone does this a little bit especially to the opposite sex. Even when we know someone is wearing contacts, it's not such a blatent showing of a physical flaw. It's like wearing a sign saying "Hi. I'm Bob. I have a weak bladder, but it's enough to get by." We all know that even without glasses or contacts, that we could probably live enough of a normal life to get by. But showing off that weakness isn't always a good thing. Like Billy said that he got more attention from girls after switching. It could have been self-esteem, but the fact that the glasses were gone and didn't show that weakness, probably helped as well. It's shallow, but it's a natural instinct to choose stronger trait mates over weak/sickly/infirm others. It's all hardwired in us.
    3 out of 2 people have problems with fractions.

By the way, how long have you gone with the mustache look? Something about the way yours looks, reminds me of when I tried it when I was younger. I got so much crap about it from friends and it definatly didn't help with the ladies. When I shaved it off and went shaven and sometimes with a scruffy goatee-ish thing, I got ALOT more positive attention. I'd like to grow some out but i'm staying shaven because the troopers don't allow cadets to have facial hair. Oh well. I think I look good with a day or 2 worth of stubble for some shadowing definition but either way, it's better than that mustache I used to have. Same with my friend, he tries to grow one out and it looks terrible. He doesn't care that i've told him that, but then he wonders how he gets more dates without it. Lol.

Hmm - I have had the mustash since I graduated. Took 3 days to come out and it just stopped growing where its at. The gottee grows forever tho. lol. Right now I have gotten the gotte back - been letting it grow for almost 2 weeks now. its about half an inch long now. and its not pointed yet like it used to be. I dont think i will let it get 3 inches again. I kinda like how it is now.

But the stache thing i never really bothered with or cared about. I do know that when I shave it I look 16. And if the stache goes the gotte has to go. I dont think you can have a gottee without a stache. But I could be wrong.

Now that this has been brought up, I have a few questions about hair. All hair. Do women like staches, or no staches ? How about a gottee ? full out beard ? Chest hair ? arm & leg hair ? etc etc What hair is acceptable and what hair is not ?

I was with Robin and she loved my hair. I am a hairy guy. And Destine hated it. She wanted me to shave from the neck down. EVERYTHING. That aint me. But I was just wondering what is more common ? A woman who doesnt care or likes hairy men or women that want a man that is totally bald from the neck down ?

And also some advice about my stache and gottee for sure. Should they stay or should they go ?

You can have just the chin goatee thing, but I think it looks kinda like it's just for the "bad boy" image. I used to like growing out a stache and connecting hair to my chin around the sides of my lips with a little bit under my lower lip. Typical goatee look. I used a sideburn trimmer to keep it a a short, trimmed length all the time and got some moderate attention with it.

As for body hair, I think as long as you aren't imitating a gorilla when you shirt is off, you should be ok. If you have enough dark hair to cover your shoulders, sides, back and stomach, then maybe you should think about trimming or shaving it but it should depend on who you're with. If a gf gives you lots of crap about it, then try it and see what happens. I'm not very hairy, but I do have some chest hair that sorta makes a "T" and nobody has complained. Betty likes to run her fingers through it when we cuddle so that's fine with me. :-)

Ironic thing: My sister HATES body hair. But she ended up marrying a guy with so much that you can't even see his back tattoo. lol. She does trim him sometimes and usually shaves his neck hair. He finds it annoying to deal with her hair wants, but puts up with it. I guess marriage is a compromise in that way. ;-)

I am not a gorilla or anything. I dont grow hair on my back, and I dont have a chest full of hair thats so thick you cant see skin. lol. I'd say I am about average on the hairyness factor. I have the chest hair too, but mine looks like an eagle with its wings spread. its really cool. And instead of a happy trail, I have a happy patch. lol.

I shaved 2 summers ago for Destine. I was in the shower while Destine and Robin where together doing there make up and I over heard them talking about all my hair. And I was with Destine at the time and she was the one that said she hates body hair... so I shaved my chest, armpits, stomach, and pubs for her. And plus I wanted to see what it would be like. Yeah I'm never shaving again below the neck. IT SUCKS. I looked like I was 12 years old again.... not cool. Since then the hair has grown back just a bit thicker. And I dont want it to get any thikcer, but my dad is a ****ing sasquatch ! I am affriad I might have inherited his sasquatch gene. He is dark hair ciolored tho, and I am light colored. A light brown almost blonde color. He is dark dark brown. So maybe I wont catch it as bad.. Maybe I will be just gorilla... But I dont want to be lol. And i dont want to be bald.

Bleh ! I am just ranting and raving and blabing on again. lol. I hate it when I get in these talkative moods.

i dont like gorillas but i dont like shaved either. a little bit doesnt hurt.

contacts r the best. they are so much easier than glasses. ive got contacts cause glasses dont suit me. you can put contacts in 4 a whole month and not have to worry about them. or you can get day ones which you put in in the moring and take out at nite. so much easier.

i love contacts!!
    - Claire -

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    only two options?? dammit that close up was scary enough, where is the gimme a smaller picture option?? well if i have to say, then i'd say without. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well thanks again for all your help - I am going to get contacts.

And sorry if my ugliness scared anyone, like Illusional.. I was kinda worried about posting those links because i didn't want to give anyone a heart attack. hehe

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lucky thing i have a strong heart. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12