View Poll Results: Glasses or Contacts ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glasses

2 33.33%
  • Contacts

4 66.67%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glasses or contacts ???

Glasses or contacts ???

I am going to get my eyes checked out again soon and i am debating wether to get contacts or glasses...

So, since i really dont mind either of them, i have put this decision up to you all.

I am going mostly for looks... So what ever you think looks better vote for.

Click on think links to see pics of me

<--Link Removed-->

or

<--Link Removed-->

Thanks !
    Last edited by BillyGalbreath; 19-07-04 at 09:06 PM.

btw - yes i do realize i look like shit tonight - I am tired as **** but not sleepy... So cut me some slack LOL

I too wear glasses, but I hate it. Took me hours picking one out that I like.
    But having both is a good idea.

Both. And if you want a really presentable pair of glasses, like mOby says, be ready to take a WHILE picking out JUST the right pair. And be prepared to pay a pretty penny (could happen). Contacts are 'natural', but glasses can certainly 'enhance'.

Alexi

Well I would say glasses. I've worn them since I was 12, so I'm pretty used to it. But, yes I would suggest to get both. I have contacts as well, but after awhile i decided I prefer my glasses over my contacts. Best to try them out anyways, alot of people aren't able to even put the contact in there eye, it takes some practice & patience.

Anyways, yes, you look nice with glasses. Maybe what you need is to find a new style or pair. The sales people in the store can help you alot to find a pair that fits and works well with your face.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

i look awesome if i have glasses on
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

I wear glasses but i really hate them, so I'm thinking about getting contacts, and I hope i don't look stupid without the glasses!
    Amatures built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    -Mark Lowary

I wear glasses sometimes. Don't really need them, but for driving its a must.
    But I like glasses better because I fear contacts. What if I fall asleep when I have them on???????
    But some glasses make you look good. It all depends on what you get.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

i have glasses for reading. i have the cutest pair. it took me about 2 hours deciding.

now i have color contacts and they have a rx for wear. i don't wear them all the time cause i'm still not used to the feel of them. i feel like i have to blink like 200 times a min.

i say go with what your feel more comfy in.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

well, I have had contacts before. I had them my freshman and sophomore years in high school. I loved them because i thought I looked good without glasses (i been wearing glasses since the 4th grade). I also picked up alot of girls when i had contacts.

So the contact thing isnt a problem for me to put in or anything. Hell Iron, I had contacts that I could only wear while awake and i had to take them out to sleep - but the summer between 9 and 10th grade i wore them all summer and never once took them out or used drops. They stayted moist with my own taer ducts or whatever, but it was hell in the mornings, I would have to stick my finger in my eyeball to ake myself tear up to moisten them. And after the end of the summer I literally had to peel them off my eyeballs with my fingernails.

So with that in mind I will definately get the extended wear contacts. I think those can stay in for like a month 24/7.

The reason I went back to glasses was because one day I got pink eye and the contacts irritated it so badly i couldn't wear them. About a month later I tried to put them back in and it just started irratating all over again. So I just threw them away and stayed with glasses.

But once I got the glasses I stopped getting the "second glances" from the ladies. Honestly I prefer contacts over glasses, but I have met people that say I look better in glasses and I have met people that say I look better without them.

Maybe IF I actually took the time and checked out ALL the pairs of frames they have I might find a pair that actually look good to me. So far I have never found a pair that totally satisfy my likings. The pair I have now came close, but after like a week of having them I wanted to crush them lol.

I did have a pair of colored contacts - actually 3 pair - blue, hazel, and green. O liked the blue the best. I have natural blue eyes that are beautiful i am told, and when i wore the blue contacts it made my eyes glow. Even i liked the effect. hehe. But i dont think i am gonne get colored this time. i want to be all me. I like who I am. And if someone doesn't like it, well **** 'em.

But since i have a kid and everything, i started to think about the hassel of having to put the damn things on, versus just throwing on a pair of glasses when i am in a rush with my kid. But you all have solved this little problem of mine. Both. Glasses for hurry, contacts for not in a rush.

The reason I want contacts so bad and even considering them again is the fact that I want a nice pair of sunglasses, but i dont want to pay the price for Rx sunglasses. So if I wear contacts I could easily wear regular shades. And i hate those flip on shades that go over glasses - i think they look dorky - just my personal preference not to wear those.

So yeah - to make a long story short (too late for that, huh ? lol) I will get both contacts and glasses. BUT now i need ya'lls advice on one more thing - get me looking in the right area of style for glasses for me.

What do ya'll think will look good on me ? Oval, circle, square, etc etc... tell me what you think, and if you can find a pic online that i could see that would be great !

I just need something that will get me looking in the right area

Thanks a million guys !

Well the bad thing for someone like me having contacts, well for instance, my real dad got a contact lodged up in his eye socket somewhere..hadto get it removed surgically, some guy hit him in the eye lol, but then again glasses alone are just as dangerous i suppose.someone hits u and u have glasses on, the lens could fly right into your eye and cut it open

I've had a really bad vision impairment since I was in kindergarten. I wore glasses til high school and tried contacts. They were obnoxious as piss though so I ended up not caring how I looked and just went with glasses for the ease. Then I got laser surgery earlier this year and I tell ya that is definitely the way to go.
    Heit ist mein taug.

id never let someone pull my eyes outof the sockets and shoot a laser at them. call me paranoid.

Pull your eyes out of your sockets? You must be really misinformed about the procedure.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyGalbreath
    The reason I want contacts so bad and even considering them again is the fact that I want a nice pair of sunglasses, but i dont want to pay the price for Rx sunglasses. So if I wear contacts I could easily wear regular shades. And i hate those flip on shades that go over glasses - i think they look dorky -just my personal preference not to wear those.
    Hey Billy there are some really qualified people out there that can help you pick out a pair that really suit you, like Fawn said. I don't like those dorky clip ons either, but the last time I got a pair of glasses I got the ones that come with a magnetic clip. They are NOTHING like the clip ons you buy at the store for your glasses. They look great actually. But I like to wear contacts too, because I just think I look better in them. Besides, when you are active in sports and such, glasses are just a pain. Good luck with it!

Hey Zekk, I'd LOVE to get that laser surgery, but can't afford it right now. How long was the recovery? It must be AMAZING to wake up and be able to see the alarm clock. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast