+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Master Cleanse" (A type of liquid diet)

That's rather disturbing.

lol WHATEV!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

What are toxins though? I am curious.

Speaking of toxins, what about those silly foot pad infomercials that try to sell you pads that you put on your feet while you sleep? Because apparently the same toxins can be absorbed through the foot lol

edit: oh, just turns out that a reaction between sweat and ingredients of the 'teabag' you apply to your feet just turn it brown. no toxins involved.
    Last edited by doppelgaenger; 16-02-09 at 11:45 AM.

i don't know what toxins are supposed to be. probably just a loaded word meaning "really bad stuff that you NEED to get rid of! you NEED our product!!"
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I dunno except to say I was skeptical also but I decided to try it anyway. Most of the ppl who make negative comments about such things have never tried it. While I do think that lots of 'alternative' medicine is bunk, I try not to throw the baby out with the bathwater either. There are lots of traditional medical things that do work that Western medicine can't explain.

I don't know about 'toxins' tho. I never felt particularly 'toxic" on this cleanse, but my diet is pretty healthy to start with. The fellow I did it with the first time, tho, drank lots and had a pretty bad diet. He felt like shit for several days.

Like I said, I think its a way to 'cold turkey' your body off addictive things like fast carbs, alcohol, caffeine, etc. All I can give is my subjective experience, which is that I always feel terrific amount of energy about 4-5 days into the cleanse. My skin in particular improves.

BTW, there are reports which state that mice who are intermittently starved actually live longer. This was a Nature report (very reputable science journal) from a couple years ago. Ppl are still researching it, but it seems that the 'cold turkey' off food actually resets insulin production levels and that kind of thing, something that won't happen if one keeps eating even a normal, balanced diet. I can think of biochemical & physiologic mechanisms for this, but right now its still a hypothetical idea. Diabetes researchers are interested in this type of thing. The medical community tends to lag behind in this kind of info until it becomes more mainstream.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

About the mice being starved... I think if everyone had to hunt for their food, people would live longer too.

That's common sense, no? Eating chickens that were born, raised, and butchered in gigantic warehouse farms definitely can't be healthy for the consumer, can it?

Maybe civilization should just cut back on the industrial crap and overpopulation.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I buy free range chicken (i.e. they eat bugs and grubs) but that costs more.

As for hunting, I dunno about where you live, but here Sat am at the Superstore is more like hunting than gathering. The 'great shopping cart dodge' could be an olympic sport here.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

No not contemporary hunting, I mean, take a ****in stick, walk around in the wilderness for a few days and kill a wild beast with it. And then drag it all the way back home, for the women to cook.

People would live so much longer.

I could never follow the logic of these cleanses, I mean lets be real here, don't we take a dump to cleanse the body?

I feel changes when I adjust my diet, I don't need to cleanse myself to purge.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just want to point out that I'm not promoting cleanses. Just responding to Fras's post and thought he'd be amused that I've done them. And provide a fairly subjective, but objective (as far as I am) opinion of them.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I just want to point out that I'm not promoting cleanses. Just responding to Fras's post and thought he'd be amused that I've done them. And provide a fairly subjective, but objective (as far as I am) opinion of them.
    It sounds to me however, that you perform the "cleanse" as more of a ritual to rid yourself of less than ideal eating habits.

I can't fault you for that so long as you know what you're doing.

What I'm referring to is similar to a smoker, smoking because someone told them there was some health benefit to it.

There are too many people that believe in this "toxin" crap, when all they'd need to do if they really wanted to clear up their intestines is drink water and eat unprocessed foods.

This isn't actually related, but the thread reminded me of it. I've started drinking these Actimel yogurt drinks (I think in the US they're called DanActive, made by Dannon). I had one at my friend's in Italy last week and she and a few others have said they're "really good for you" and "help your immune system". I happen to like them because they taste amazing and are easy to chug down on my morning dash to catch the tram. I've also noticed a bit more energy lately but I think it's probably psychological, just knowing I've had something in the morning. Anyone else tried these?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Having food in the morning as opposed to none will definitely give you a boost.

Too many people skip breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It sounds to me however, that you perform the "cleanse" as more of a ritual to rid yourself of less than ideal eating habits.

I can't fault you for that so long as you know what you're doing.

What I'm referring to is similar to a smoker, smoking because someone told them there was some health benefit to it.

There are too many people that believe in this "toxin" crap, when all they'd need to do if they really wanted to clear up their intestines is drink water and eat unprocessed foods.
    Or, butt sex.

Sorry, just had to say it

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    No not contemporary hunting, I mean, take a ****in stick, walk around in the wilderness for a few days and kill a wild beast with it. And then drag it all the way back home, for the women to cook.

People would live so much longer.
    I don't know that people would live longer but I have a feeling that their lives would be infinitely more fulfilling.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast