+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Master Cleanse" (A type of liquid diet)

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    No not contemporary hunting, I mean, take a ****in stick, walk around in the wilderness for a few days and kill a wild beast with it. And then drag it all the way back home, for the women to cook.

People would live so much longer.
    Depends on who wins the fight, the man or the beast

Didn't the hunter gatherer people have the average life length at like 30 years?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    It sounds to me however, that you perform the "cleanse" as more of a ritual to rid yourself of less than ideal eating habits.

I can't fault you for that so long as you know what you're doing.

What I'm referring to is similar to a smoker, smoking because someone told them there was some health benefit to it.

There are too many people that believe in this "toxin" crap, when all they'd need to do if they really wanted to clear up their intestines is drink water and eat unprocessed foods.
    I do the cleanse b/c I think its easier to "reset" the body to zero for things like alcohol and caffeine than to simply dial back. And, as I said, physiologically the effect of decreasing something vs. eliminating it and then bringing it back in lesser amounts, is actually quite different. There's a biochemical reason for it, boring tho, but has to do with receptor desensitization (for the bio/medicial folks).

Anyone who has cut out coffee for a while and then had a huge buzz from a single cup knows what I mean. Its like that.

So, that's my reason. There *are* medical experts who advise them, tho they tend to be progressive. Also, they arent for everybody, especially anyone who isn't already healthy. Andrew Weil, who is a Harvard MD (and an interesting guy) likes them, sometimes. That's one popular example. My two neighbours down the street are also MDs and he was the one who actually mentioned them to me.

As for toxins, I really don't know. Except I suppose the liver does hold a lot of our nasties, since that where much of our drug and toxic substances that get ingested, get broken down. But, of course, a 10-day cleanse isn't going to compensate for another 350 days of putting crap in your body, so yes, a healthy diet is the ideal, I agree.

You might also be interested to know that a water & raw/fresh fruits and vegetables only diet IS a type of "cleanse". Its a range of diets, ranging from what is very similar to a vegan diet to fruit/veg only, juices only to nothing but water.

All that's happened is, like doing yoga (postures), its turned mainstream and picked up commerically by companies wanting to make a buck. That always happens tho.

Here's a comment from Dr. Weil about a sea-salt flush. He's like me, he tries this stuff and then adds the info to what he knows and makes a decision. I also opted out of the saltwater flush part of the MasterCleanse b/c it sounded dubious:

[url]http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400277/sea-salt-flush[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I kind of like reading this site. There's an article about colon therapy on there, for whoever might be interested.

[url]http://www.quackwatch.org/[/url]
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh Vash, you only put that there b/c Andy Weil is listed. I do agree there is a lot of bunk on that site. And some things are that merely "?".

Your medical knowledge comes from a what? 3 year non-university nursing program that you JUST graduated from? Just to let everyone know that you are not a 40 year old woman with decades of nursing experience. You are barely a student yourself.

Mine comes from teaching medical students, working with MD research colleagues and a my own 8-year science training program culminating in a terminal doctoral degree. From a very good school.

I bet you don't know the guy who created the treatment for ulcers was also considered a quack by the medical community? That yoga, which is now prescribed by Western doctors all across the country for back problems, was considered flaky by docs as well. I could go on, but I will say that MDs are not the most enlightened bunch of folks I've met. They rely on the research community to provide them their therapies and they are very reluctant to try something new.

Sorry but if you want to make a specific comment about a post I make, do it directly based on something YOU actually know, and back it up with such. I have disemboweled several MDs at various conferences, the MD degree by itself doesn't mean they are actually any good at their job.

Think for yourself everyone. Vash, I can conclude that YOU have never actually tried a cleanse for yourself. Thanks for pointing it out. You are, of course, entitled to your very erudite opinion.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow, you sure are defensive. I didn't realize that doctor was listed on that site (I hadn't looked beyond the "Questionable Products, Services, and Theories" section) , but it's pretty funny that he is there, and after reading about him, I agree - he is a pretty interesting fellow. The fact that he disagrees with most of his contemporaries is no surprise. Everyone in medicine fights with everyone else.

Now kindly get off my ass. I have no interest in discussing anything with you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Integrated medicine is the way of things and woe to any health professional that doesn't get it.

Insurance companies and public healthcare systems will be less stressed and so will healthcare professionals when folks start to take their own preventative health measurers. But that doesn't mean that ppl won't need intelligence guidance about it. With all the quackery that's out there, they will need it more than ever. But as I said, one shouldn't throw out babies with the bathwater.

Weil and Elson Haas are a couple of forward thinking docs who have been the vanguard for popularizing this shift in medical practice.

DM, who will be interested I think, will be amused that Weil used to do all sorts of hard drugs and still went to Harvard. He's from the hippie generation tho and isn't a crack head by any means.

Anyway, IMO, we desperately need more docs and health pros like him.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Weil[/url]
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My final verdict.

Most people who perform the cleanse orally or anally aren't doing anything near what they think they are.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, okay, thanks Doc Fras.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

These are the same people that buy those stupid machines on TV thinking they're going to end up with bodies like the people on the infomercial.

The truth is, if you want to look like those people on TV you've got to put in hard work.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    These are the same people that buy those stupid machines on TV thinking they're going to end up with bodies like the people on the infomercial.

The truth is, if you want to look like those people on TV you've got to put in hard work.
    But what do you do about all those nasty toxins, hmm?

Hmm?? Clearly biking all the time can't be as good for your body as drinking syrup and cayenne pepper for a week.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its true that the guy I did my first cleanse with is always looking at these online weight loss methods. PX-90 and stuff like that, lol.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    But what do you do about all those nasty toxins, hmm?

Hmm?? Clearly biking all the time can't be as good for your body as drinking syrup and cayenne pepper for a week.
    I don't understand what the heck you're talking about.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    I don't understand what the heck you're talking about.
    I'm flyin', flyin' waaaaaaaaaay over your head.

Liquid Diets

Cleansing is a dietary practice that spans back through the centuries. It is a natural way to clear the body of toxins and built up waste products from you body and give you best results in weight loss.Cleansing diets are simple and effective. They work quickly to produce significant weight loss results.

The water fasting diet is actually a type of lifestyle that can be used by nearly everyone with great results and this is a product of the Master Cleanser.First of all, research has conclusively proven that during a fast, you burn off a lot more fat than when you simply eat regularly throughout the day. To some people this might seem obvious but a lot of people are under the impression that if you fast you're only going to lose muscle.

While your doing fasting,your body starts increasing the production of human growth hormone (HGH) which does several things including:

1. Burns more fat
    2. Helps build and preserve muscle
    3. Has anti-aging properties

Follow the Link :
    Last edited by Junket; 26-02-09 at 06:59 PM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Way to bullshit Dafna.

I still haven't heard a single person mention any of the toxins that these cleanses are supposed to get rid of.

Sounds to me like you're not giving your liver enough credit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123