+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did I screw this up or not?

Did I screw this up or not?

There is a girl who hangs out with my group of friends sometimes who I'm attracted to. She's pretty outgoing and a sometimes a little flirty (not ridiculously flirty or anything). She broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago and has started making more appearances when we're all hanging out. She is an acquaintance, but I still don't know her all that well. At times she seems to flirt with me a lot, and a couple of my friends even took notice. A couple of times she kind of surprised me and went and hugged me kind of out of no where, and when she first walks up sometimes she will play with my hair. I finally decided that I'd ask her out, and when I saw her at a party I remembered a movie that she said she wanted to see and asked if she'd like to go see it sometime. She said "Ok", but then shortly thereafter she seemed to kind of move a little farther away from me. She had to leave for a bit not long after that, and when they came back, one of her friends came up to me and said that the girl told her that I asked her out on a date. I said I hope I didn't piss her off or weird her out, and she said she thought I should go for it. Aside from that nothing happened, but it seemed like the girl felt awkward or something when she was around me for the rest of the night. Her friend likes me and thinks I'm a good guy, so I'm not sure if she thought the girl likes me or if she just thought I'd be a good guy for her to date. What do you all think?

As long as her friend isnt the cruel type then i dont believe she would say go for it if u didnt stand a chance. I say ask her out again making sure you set a day and time for the date.

She's stopped hanging around our table as much, but when I see her she still says hi and will mess with my hair and stuff when she walks by. We talk online occasionally, and I asked for her number. I tried to set an actual date but she was busy (she is a pretty busy person, but who knows if she really couldn't go or not). I tried calling her when some friends and I were going out and got a number that wasn't in service. Either I entered the number in my phone wrong, she had a typo when she told it to me, or she purposefully gave me a wrong number, I'm not sure. Aside from that we really haven't talked any since (it was a few days ago). I saw her roommate at a party, and she also mentioned me asking her out on a date. I mentioned that I thought I had pissed her off when I asked her and out, and her roommate said she was just excited. So I'm not really sure what is going on. I'm friends with both her friend and her roommate, and they're definitely not the types to try to be mean about stuff like that. This girl also has a lot of other guys who are after her, if that helps at all. Thanks for the help.