+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why he didn't call?

why he didn't call?

haha, this is a very funny question, especially after I saw the movie " He is just not that into you".

I met this guy from online a week ago, he emailed me first, said he was interested in my profile and wanted to know more about me.

He gave me his cell phone number.

I was thinking: why should I call him first?

So I gave him my phone number and told him to call me if he had time.

He did call me the next day.

We had a nice conversation on the phone. And I found that he is a very successful business man, 35 year old, extremely busy with business trips and stuff like that. He has high standard for his date. He likes successful and energetic women. Then he asked me when I would have time to meet. He suggested last Sunday(yesterday). I told him I might be busy coz I would attend a conference during the weekend. He said then how about next Wednesday. I said,sure. He said, but before we meet, we definitely should speak on the phone again, and YOU CAN CALL ME ANYTIME YOU WANT. See? again, I "should " call him.

Anyway, right after the conversation on the phone, he emailed me again, told me he enjoyed talking to me, and he expected to talk me again on the phone soon.

Two days past, he didn't call me. I didn't call him either. I know he was planning to go ski with his nieces during the whole weekend and he was gonna come back Sunday evening. But I didn't call him before he left. I didn't wanna appear to be desperate.

Then Saturday I found that I would have time to meet him on Sunday(yesterday), so I was thinking,why should I wait for another 3 days to see him? So I txt messaged him Saturday, asking him if he still wanted to meet on Sunday after he came back from the ski, coz I would be available. He txt messaged me back after a while, saying that he would be available Sunday evening, and asked me when I wanna meet.

I txt messaged him back Sunday morning(again, didn't wanna seem to be too desperate), saying that I would be free after 5pm.
    Then I waited till 6pm, he txt messaged me back, saying "I am sorry but we are stuck in the mountain, do you have time tomorrow night?" I replied" sure, just call me tomorrow after you are back". he replied"ok".

Then today I have been waiting for him to call me tonight till now almost midnight, no calls, no explanation.

Is it pretty clear now that he is totally a liar and I should just forget about him from now on?

thanks for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by idoubtit View Post
    Then today I have been waiting for him to call me tonight till now almost midnight, no calls, no explanation.

Is it pretty clear now that he is totally a liar and I should just forget about him from now on?

thanks for your suggestions.
    I think you are jumping to conclusions way to quickly. There could be lots of reasons why he didn't call in the past 24 hours. Bad reception at the mountains. Difficulty in traffic. Unplanned circumstances or emergencies. He could still be in the mountains for whatever reason. Have patience and wait a little longer.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Mishanya, thanks for your suggestion. I just feel kinda annoyed coz I myself am a workaholic too. And I pretty much wasted my time tonight waiting for his call, and was not able to do any work.

I just got a feeling from those little details that he is not a very considerate person.

Mishanya, thanks for your suggestion. I just feel kinda annoyed coz I myself am a workaholic too. And I pretty much wasted my time tonight waiting for his call, and was not able to do any work.

I just got a feeling from those little details that he is not a very considerate person.
    I think it's too early to tell. I know it can be very frustrating when you are really into somebody, but things don't go as you expect them. It can be emotional. But have patience and lower your expectations for now. If he is not very considerate or not that into you, you will find out shortly.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

mountains are snowy right now.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

That's your fault. Why put off work for a guy you've never met before... especially just waiting by your phone for his call?
    I don't chase, I replace.

It's not his fault you wasted time and were unable to do work.

Maybe his phone battery is dead, or it got run over when he had to use it for traction to escape the abominable snow man.

Or, maybe he just didn't get home until really late and since you two aren't in an actual relationship, he didn't call because he was too damn tired.

Pretty much you're jumping to conclusions and playing games, then acting bitter when you think he may play them back.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

hi guys, so it's all my fault?
    If I made an appointment with someone, and I can not make it, I would let the person know and apologize by all means beforehand. Maybe I am a too nice person comparing to most of the others?
    or maybe most of the guys are just careless and inconsiderate, and I should not expect too much from them.

Chill out, volatile woman. You're disproportionately pissed off about this. You don't even know this guy. You're acting like he broke your heart.

Just take this as valuable information that you will use to help you make a decision about this person, not a slap in the face.
    Spammer Spanker

ok I will try not to think about this anymore.
    thanks.

another question: shall I call him at all to find out what happened?

thanks.

when was the last time he called you?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

he called me last Tuesday, and we txt messaged each other during last weekend. The plan we made on next Tuesday was to meet each other this Wednesday (tomorrow).

oops typo, I meant, "the plan we made on last Tuesday"

Am I the only one here who thinks the guy sounds a little flaky? I think it's frustrating when a guy says he's going to call and then doesn't.

Idoubtit, If it bothers you, then just keep him at a distance until you're comfortable he's going to follow through enough for you. I agree that you don't have to get angry or jump to conclusions that all guys are inconsiderate. Keep him in "evaluation mode" until further notice.

I mean, honestly, though, who wouldn't be a little annoyed? I think ya'll are being a little hard on IDoubtit.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast