+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Marriage?

Gay Marriage?

Why should this be allowed?
    Amatures built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
    -Mark Lowary

well.. in all honesty... My sister is a lesbian and in Vermont, where gay marriage is legal, she "wed" her long time girlfriend of 20 years. In Vermont its called a "civil union".. but in all honesty.. who cares. Marry who ever you want and live happily ... you have one life, live it to the fullest and without regret.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by jane
    well.. in all honesty... My sister is a lesbian and in Vermont, where gay marriage is legal, she "wed" her long time girlfriend of 20 years. In Vermont its called a "civil union".. but in all honesty.. who cares. Marry who ever you want and live happily ... you have one life, live it to the fullest and without regret.
    -Mark Lowary

.. um .. I take it that either you dont agree?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

To each their own...if youre happy more power to ya!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

btw.. i wasnt saying that because I think you were... thats why it should be aloud...

YOU HAVE ONE LIFE... what you do or anyone does is for THEM to decide... Is that more clear?
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

.. um .. I take it that either you dont agree?
    Nope I totally don't agree. I'm a Christian and for the rest of you who read this allready know where i'm going with this. In the Bible there was a town, a town full of lesbians and gay people. Well Angels came down from Heaven to take the one family that wasn't like that out. God said that these people were not going to be there any longer if they didn't repent/ change their ways. The Angels that came from Heaven, if you remember/the messengers, well the gay people even tried to come on to them knowing what they were. In the end God destroyed this town, and saved the family, all minus the woman that was told not to look back at the burning town but did any ways. Do you get what I'm meaning? (question not a mean remark or anything)
    -Mark Lowary

I agreed with you Jane!

TO EACH THEIR OWN!!!!! I am for happiness and wont JUDGE anyone...

well.. frankly sweetie.. I would love to know in the bible where that said that... me being a Catholic and all.. I must have missed that chapter...I also believe that everyone has right to thier opinion. Although you have a right to your feelings, I dont not agree. She is my blood.. and I do remember my family always saying that blood is thicker then water. Whether your gay, lesbian, bi, straight, African American, Latino, Asian.. or American, you have the right to marry and love whoever you choose. My god is forgiving and understanding.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by sweetie_88
    In the Bible there was a town, a town full of lesbians and gay people. Well Angels came down from Heaven to take the one family that wasn't like that out. God said that these people were not going to be there any longer if they didn't repent/ change their ways. The Angels that came from Heaven, if you remember/the messengers, well the gay people even tried to come on to them knowing what they were. In the end God destroyed this town, and saved the family, all minus the woman that was told not to look back at the burning town but did any ways. Do you get what I'm meaning?
    So, by that standard, should we go out and decimate all gay people like God did to Sodom and Gomorrah?

Besides, if you take an action that God takes, you're judging people. Biblical doctrines tell you not to, its God's job. Wait until God descends from heaven and kills all gay people or until they die and go to hell.

Also, how would a city consisting solely of homosexual people be able to survive? Logic tells me they'd die out because they're unable to procreate.

--------------

That aside, from a political standpoint, the reason the founding fathers escaped to America was because they were persecuted for their religious ideals. The colonies were supposed to be a place of peace and equality. Even though there were townships that persecuted those who did not conform to religious norms, people created separate towns for different religions. Today we have something called religious tolerance. At the point where you outlaw an action based on your religious ideals you are being religiously intolerant.

What if I ruled America and said that Christianity should be outlawed? That action would clearly be horrendous because I am being religiously intolerant. The purpose of society is to let people live, how they live is their own choice, you are wronging people if you force your beliefs unto others.

I am a full proponent for gay marriage, with the title of marriage and all rights associated therewith. All people have their own ideals and should be allowed to live them out, chastising them for their own beliefs is unjust. Gay marriage never harmed me. Who am I to say that two men or two women shouldn't be allowed to express their love for one another?
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

My god is forgiving and understanding.
    Well if you are truley a Catholic we have the same God and if you review the Bible you will find the story i just told, and yes God is forgiving and understanding- but by saying that you have just said to me that you know that being gay is wrong and that God will foregive and understand your sister anyways. The only way she will be foregiven is to ask for it. Ask and you shall receive- accordingly to God's will that is, and forgiveness is one of those wills.
    -Mark Lowary

Actually Sweety.. I was hoping that you would point out that passage, seeing that your are so intuned with the bible. I was just hoping for a little insight. I guess, "the true catholic" in me ... needs proof.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Quote Originally Posted by MVPlaya
    Besides, if you take an action that God takes, you're judging people. Biblical doctrines tell you not to, its God's job. Wait until God descends from heaven and kills all gay people or until they die and go to hell.
    1st- It is God's job to judge, and he has this as a right not a privelidge, seeing since he created us and all. 2nd- It's not God that kills anyone left behind, it was their own choice, and they will have to live with it eternially.
    Last edited by Zekk_T_Strife; 14-06-04 at 06:16 AM.
    -Mark Lowary

YES Please sweetie you seem to HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS to everything on everything when it comes to so many issues for being 16 and all..wow impressed...but Im saying this: for someone whose so knowledgeable youre certainly acting very close minded about everyones opinions...

Actually Sweety.. I was hoping that you would point out that passage, seeing that your are so intuned with the bible. I was just hoping for a little insight. I guess, "the true catholic" in me ... needs proof.
    Read Genesis chapter 18:17 through 19:30 you will find all the proof you need there.
    -Mark Lowary

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast