+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gents - If you was really tired and stressed would you like it if....

Gents - If you was really tired and stressed would you like it if....

Your girlfriend treated you to a weekend spa break for the two of you?

She pays for everything, books you in to a nice hotel and pays for a massage and acess to saunas etc.

Or is that just to girly? What else could your girlfriend do to relax you and cheer you up if you are tired and stressed?

If you are tired and stressed do you still like to see your girlfriend or is that a sign that you would like a break/not to see her for a week? Do you mind if she still txts or calls, asks if it is still ok to meet up as planned?

I have only been with my boyfriend for about 7 weeks, he is really nice and caring. I have freaked out a couple of times/been silly and I want to make this up to him and show him how much I care about him and like him.

Please give me your opinon on the idea and let me know what else a girlfriend can do to make things easier if you are tired or stressed.

Thank you.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what do you mean you "freaked out a few times/was silly?". What did you actually do?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

I love that! My girl has done that for me before, I think it's very romantic and a great way to spend time together. As for being to girly? No way, why is a guy exclusive to getting spoiled
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

When I say freaked/been silly. Im insecure due to my past and have asked him a couple of times if he has upset him and I worry when he does not reply to my messages. I dont mention anything if he does not reply.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds a bit much for a GF of only 7 weeks. Both the weekend and the cost. Most guys would be happy if you just bought him a 6-pack of a decent beer and watched a shoot-em up DVD together.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah it sounds a bit over the top. And personally I'd find it a bit girly. I'd probably feel like your gay friend more than you're boyfriend. But it depends on the guy.

Anyway, at seven weeks I'd scale it back a bit or you might freak him out depending on how intense you two are at this stage
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Rather than try to "buy" his good favor after behaving badly, it would probably be appreciated if you simply apologized sincerely and then changed your bad behavior. Throwing money at him will only work if he is really shallow, and even then, it will only bring temporary relief.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

take me instead!!!
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

The greatest gift you can give right now is give him a little space to feel comfortable with you and try to work on these insecurities. All the money in the world may bring a person happiness... but it won't make them happy around YOU necessarily. The only way he can be happy around you, is if he is comfortable. That means no more freaking out... and putting forth effort to work on YOU so will be able to offer him the best of you.

Think long and hard about why you feel so insecure around him. Write all of these reasons down. Then think about all the reasons you shouldn't (or don't have to) feel insecure around him, and write those down too. Then, write all ways that your insecurities could hurt your relationship. And last, write all the ways fixing your insecurities can help your relationship. This will give you a chance to review over your thought process --- figure out what's really going on.

Example:

Why I feel Insecure

Because I have been hurt in the past

Why I Shouldn't Feel Insecure

Because he isn't the same as the guy that hurt me in the past

How These Insecurities Could Hurt My Relationship

He may start to think I don't trust him

How Fixing These Insecurities Could Help My Relationship

He will feel that I do trust him, and can be comfortable around me
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

That's a bit too much for 7 weeks, I think aeradalia is right. But if you want to do something, just watch a nice movie together. Something both of you might like.

I'm with Indi on this....

Honestly tho, MY problem with this idea, is i don't like it when my girl friend "treats" me to things like this... Wanna make me happy? Beer and let me watch football in my weekend clothes (sweat pants ftw).

Maybe a little unexpected sex, Like, "oh halftime, lets bone"...