+ Follow This Topic

Thread: not yet ready?

not yet ready?

ok so if you propose to a girl to be your gf, and she says shes "not ready" what does that really imply? i mean how do you know your ready anyways?? or is it a context clue that says "i dont want you to complicate my life further"...

pls discuss...

Joe

It could mean a lot of things.

It may mean that she's recently out of a relationship and doesn't want to jump into a new one. I personally think that a person should stay single after a breakup for about 2 months for every year they were together ... up to about 6 months for a 3+ year relationship.

It could also mean that they just want to enjoy being single at this point in their life.

It could also mean that she doesn't want to be your girlfriend and she's trying to let you down easy.

Carl.

I agree with Carl...it could mean you are in the "friend zone" and she doesnt see it going anywhere else, could mean shes out of a recent relationship, it could mean she wants to be single and do what she wants...

is there no uber positive meaning to this??

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    I personally think that a person should stay single after a breakup for about 2 months for every year they were together ... up to about 6 months for a 3+ year relationship.
    What about for long-term relationships, for example those that were 10+ years?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    *cough* as you qouted, "up to 6 months for +3 years"

Many possible specifics... the only reason that really matters in your situation is this...

not ready = doesn't want to date you

Later on... when or if this woman is 'ready' and you're single... you can give it a try. So I wouldn't worry about it anymore... see if there are some other women who are 'ready.'

And no... no positive connotations from this. It's a decline to date you.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm trying to be reasonable here, vashti ... that's why I capped it at 6 months. There is no mathematical precision here, and I was only suggesting MINIMUMS. I have no experience with a 10+ year failed relationship ... but I imagine you'd want to give it at least 6 months.

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by joecakes View Post
    ok so if you propose to a girl to be your gf, and she says shes "not ready" what does that really imply? i mean how do you know your ready anyways??
    It implies she is not ready for a relationship. You know you are ready when you feel that you have the capacity to offer intimacy and commitment to your partner.

This is your red sign from her to stay away.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~