+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help, need your opinion...

Please help, need your opinion...

Hi everyone, this is my first thread here...

anyways I'm here regarding a situation with my gf.

We haven't been talking recently, and it's because of what happened... can you guys give me your opinion on this one? Sry if it's kinda long... but I'm really depressed right now & desperate

Well, it started when I was with my two best friends, my gf & my male friend. We had just came out of a restaurant (nothing fancy) & we were going to back school. My gf sometimes messes around with us. So in the drive back to the college, somehow, our conversation turned into sex. Anywho, my gf was saying how she and my male friend would have sex (i have no idea why), then she just continues it... I try not to let it get to me. So I calmly say "Ok that's enough, I don't want to hear it." My male friend continues with the conversation about sex which just makes it worse. Right about when we're about to arrive, my gf says to my male friend "Don't forget to pick me up after so I can go to your house.." it got worse after that & I just said "OK THAT'S ENOUGH I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT..." I guess she thought I was just kidding or something...

After that I tried brushing it off and showing my friends my transportation... then they started making fun of it. They kept laughing & LAUGHING... I was trying to brush it off, by saying something... but I couldn't slip a word in. Not one, they just kept laughing in front of my face...

That's when I just walked away... and as I walked away they just kept laughing. My class was in the fourth floor (my gf has the same class), so I rushed over there & went to the bathroom. As I came out, I heard them coming up the stairs... still laughing. I dont mean normal laughing... I mean crying laughing.

Now heres the deal, obviously my feelings were hurt. ESPECIALLY, when they came up still laughing, I couldn't believe it. I didnt talk to her that whole day. Not one word.

Anyways, I'm angry because first of all, I wouldn't expect my gf or anyone's gf for that matter, to laugh at their bf like this. I usually defend her when someone is teasing her & I must admit, I expected the same thing from her. (Our male friend teases her a lot so I usually defend her) Also, because of this, I felt betrayed, like a stab in the back and I believe it is also a lack of respect, like how can you say you're going to have sex with my male friend? Do you girls think this is ok b/c he's our best friend? I need female opinion please! How about the guys, any opinion?? Man... I just dont know.

Anyways I told her "we need to talk" and she said "talk about what??!!! I don't see ANY reason 4 u to get mad..."

So, what do YOU think fellow love forum members? Am I taking this out of proportion?! She just doesn't understand how I feel... since then I haven't spoken much to either of my two best friends. Sigh... I was thinking of breaking up with her since this occurred, but I'm doubting myself. Maybe it was juvenile of me to get angry... I just DONT KNOW...

Don't get my wrong, I love her... I want to talk to her, but my STUPID pride is telling me to not cave in & I'm starting to believe I exagerated the problem... but then I think about that day & I get so ANGRY, and I feel as if I was reliving that day. Sorry this is so long but I just don't know what to do...

I've tried talking to her once... do you think I should try again? She doesn't know how I feel, I dont know if she cares about my feelings anymore. In one of our classes, I noticed she took a glance at me once or twice. I spoke to her after at work and I also noticed she kept eye contact, as I did as well. We didnt talk about us, just about a class... I missed those eyes... do you think she understands now? sigh, please help
    Last edited by J_mal; 19-02-09 at 10:54 AM.

Her behavior was totally out of line ... why would she find it funny to humiliate and upset her boyfriend?

You want to get her attention on how serious it was? I think it's a breakup event. She may want to be with your male friend instead of you ... but if that's true, she should straight up tell you. And by the way, if so, he is NOT your friend. Freinds don't do that.

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 19-02-09 at 10:57 AM.

Carl thank you for your advice.

I guess I should've mentioned that I don't think she wants to be with my male friend. They have this friendship where they mess with each other but they wouldn't do anything... but I would NEVER expect her to say something like that. I knew my male friend before she did & he's not into my gf at all... he's into these hot slutty looking girls & my gf does not look like one of them. So my male friend is pretty shallow (she knows this as he has made it quite obvious at times) and he sees my gf as a little sister, trust me, nothing going on there.

Your comment makes me feel a little bit more confident about my decision, but if possible can I get the opinion of any of the ladies? I want to see what a woman's stand point would be...

If not any advice would be greatly appreciated

again thanks carl!
    Last edited by J_mal; 19-02-09 at 11:49 AM.