Skirts vs jeans, Flats vs High heels

One more question like this , this time on clothes tho:
    what do you think looks better:

Flats or High-heels???

Skirts or Jeans???

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Those particular flats must be the ugliest shoes ever known to mankind.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    As a rule I hate high heels. They're weird and they look painful. Walk like a normal human being, not some glitzy construct of society.
    Last edited by Gribble; 19-02-09 at 10:25 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I've heard that high heels are actually better for your posture. For choir concerts I always tried to get shoes with heels (1/2" to 1") rather than flats because I'd be standing for up to 4 hours in the same place and my back would kill me in flats.

That skirt is pretty hideous, too, or at least the photo is.

Skirts and high heels.
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Hmmm, I will say high heels and skirt (if wide leg pants were a choice I would choose that). I love high heels, in fact I can't walk right in flats probably from wearing high heels daily for years. I prefer at least 2.5 inches to 3 inches. But I'm more into wedge and blade high heels even in sport shoes.

That is a simple skirt but for unknown reasons it looks hideous to me. Weird. The flat shoes too. And the high heels lol.
    Last edited by lesa; 20-02-09 at 01:14 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

i like high heels and skirts. all my shoes and boots (at least the ones i actually wear) have 2'-4' heels

But if a skirt ends anywhere above your knee and you wear it with high-heels you end up looking like a slut, even if the heel is just 2 inches.. i hate this stereotype!!! It was probably established by fat girls who couldn't wear skirts anyway...

4" heels? eeeeeek. Those look so scary.

I've always been a fan of jeans on women, I absolutely hate skirts, can't stand them. Those flats are disgusting and I only ever like the look of heels with a nice dress, so I say the jeans with a nicer pair of flats, or even god damn thongs (flip flops for the American's)
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body...

I absolutely hate skirts, can't stand them.
    all skirts? why tho? With skirts you can see their legs better
    so like.. this:

is hotter than this:

?
    Those particular flats must be the ugliest shoes ever known to mankind.
    that was the prettiest pic i could find...
    4" heels? eeeeeek. Those look so scary
    these are 4.5" i think they look fabulous
    Last edited by elle; 20-02-09 at 06:58 AM.

I love heels for going out. I feel confident in heels, specifically like those in the pics. Either stilettos or wedges are great.

Not for every day though.

EDIT: In the first jeans pic, where is that chick's ass????
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post

EDIT: In the first jeans pic, where is that chick's ass????
    I think that was a boy.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Unlike the pencil-thin stiletto that gives your butt a lift and your legs a slim, the ballet flat isn't a failsafe flatterer. This heel-free shoe has the potential to shrink and squash your frame when paired with the wrong ensemble, but thankfully only a few items fall into the steer-clear category. Everything else in your closet will love to be linked to your sweet skimmers, from knee-kissing skirts to Bermuda shorts, creating a polished look that's as carefree as your toesies.

Forget what the starlets have been telling you and listen up: ballet flats and skin-tight denim don't mix.

Flat fashion

Few on-trend shoes give you both non-stop comfort and ceaseless style, so indulge in this miniature foot saver. Start the day by leaving your sensible pumps in the closet and slip on a sleek pair of ballet flats with your tailored suit, cuffed capri or knee-length skirt, sticking to slippers in clean styles and luxurious, rich fabrics. Without the added height of a heel, an ensemble that finishes up with a flat shoe needs to lengthen the body, so keep your silhouette lean with straight or boot-cut trousers, a-line or pencil skirts, and slender cropped pants.

When the sun's rays hide behind the horizon in the evening, step into a pair of ballet flats that have a glow of their own. Remember those racy, heated metallics that shook up last season? They've fallen from your handbag to your feet, emerging as high-shine ballet flats in gorgeous golds, beautiful bronzes and glossy, romantic fabrics. Wear these little jewels with today's favourite shapeless shifts and a-line tents, keeping your hem at or above the knee. A slim capri loves the ballet flat, as do your long, cuffed shorts, but if you're doing denim, make it dark, make it straight or boot-cut, and make it fall from the knee down without one single hug.

Flat-out ugly

Forget what the starlets have been telling you and listen up: ballet flats and skin-tight denim don't mix. Flats and skinny jeans are like oil and water in the Filly books, and we can't wait for this trend to float on past. Combine the fattifying factor of a leg-hugging trou' with the squashability of the foot-elongating ballet flat and you've got a pretty nasty picture. If you must sport the skinny, at least opt for a flood hem that skims your ankle, aiming for an Audrey Hepburn bull's-eye that's nearly impossible to miss.

The secret is skin when sporting ballet flats. Much like we're allowing some skinny action so long as the ankle has a few inches of show time, capri pants also need some skin: cropped pants and your skimmers will only get along if your hem avoids that dangerous zone between the fullest part of your calf and your ankle, so look for styles that finish about a hand's length below your knee. For skirts and dresses, celebrate your legs and hike up those hemlines! Keep everything above the knee and revel in the arrival of a miniskirt footwear option that makes not a blip on the slut-o-meter.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should at least post the link where you copied that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You should at least post the link where you copied that information.
    She wrote it herself. Duh.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast