+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She never called...

She never called...Bookstore girl

So there's this cute brunette cashier at our college bookstore on campus and we've small talked last week but nothing to stand out.

Wanted to ask her out to see if she wanted to meet up after work for some coffee/food. She was the only one at the register and the line was long!

I was considering handing her a note to avoid putting her on the spot and not make it awkward for her.

Till I grew some balls and decided otherwise. (A note would just be thrown away and she would think...my, that guy didn't have the balls to ask me out directly)

Got in line (my heart was beating eesh, took some deep breaths), got up to counter, smiled and:

Me: I'm back (I was there an hour earlier to buy some test forms, which btw are a painnnnnn in the ass to ring up and everyone buys them!)
    .points at pre-packaged forms instead of the individual ones everyone gets. Thought I'd get this instead to make it easier for ya
    Her: .laughs. Thankkkk you! Hahah
    Me: I'm ________ by the way .shakes hand.
    Her: I'm __________, nice to meet you
    Me: I was wondering if you'd like to grab something to eat after you get off of work later
    Her: Mhmmm I have a class after that....
    Me: Then how about after that?
    Her: I have another one after that too...
    Me: Oh come on, I can't be that boring
    Her: Wellllllll, I do have a break in between those two classes
    Me: Great! Let's grab a quick coffee/drink then

Man, I was nervous doing that...there was a whole line behind me watching, haha.

I should have gotten her number instead though! DOH! She would have given it had I ask...sigh.

Turns out she never contacted me, now things could have happened, but wonder why she didn't just send an excuse to cancel.

Bummer =/

So I'm going to just wait a bit and go back in next week and just play it cool.

"Hey my phone was acting up all weird last week and I had no signal, don't think I got your text that day" and just go from there.

No harm in trying again..
    Last edited by debris; 25-02-09 at 11:08 AM.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You started off very well, but I agree it was a mistake to not get her number. Even if she was looking forward to meeting up with you, lots of girls would feel very awkward about calling a stranger. If you want to try again, tell her you blew it by not getting her number the first time. (She may think you stood her up.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Bravo for having the balls to just DO IT.

All wussy boys on LF, please look at debris as a role model in this respect.

I wouldn't lie about your phone not working, though. Just listen to Vash. "So, how about coffee later today? Why don't I write down your number and I'll call you around 5?"

OH! I forgot to say that at the end, I wrote down my number and gave it to her and said, text me when you get off later, and left...

But yes, I thought about it and think I'm just going to forget this happened and don't mention it.

I'll just start off fresh next week and remember to get HER number this time.

Thanks!
    Last edited by debris; 20-02-09 at 10:18 PM.

Do NOT do that lame-ass "my phone didn't work last week" thing unless you actually have a vagina. Man up and say, "Giving you my number didn't work out very well, did it? How about this time, I get yours?" Be SUPER confident. Be charming. Hell, wink at her. Just don't show any signs of petulance or insecurity.
    Spammer Spanker

I was going to say the same Vashti. I agree with everything the ladies here said. I very much admire you for doing what you did. That was very cute. The only mistake in my eyes is that you gave her your number? No, you get her number or meet her at whatever cafe you said to go and then get the number (some girls don't give the number until they have spoken to the guy for a few). She is not going to call the pursuer.

To solve the problem simply do as Giga said. You did wonderful earlier so don't back down and give a lame excuse. Joke and ask her for your number this time and setup the date at that time too.

Good luck and I'm glad that guys like you are not yet extinct but I sense that you are very rare indeed.
    Last edited by lesa; 21-02-09 at 01:24 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

I can't tell you guys how grateful I am for your feedback!

Definitely will try that out Giga Thanks
    Last edited by debris; 21-02-09 at 03:25 AM.

Oh wow, what a surprise today.

Originally, I was going to hop in on Thursday to see her again.

But in my last class of the day today, I saw her walk in (huge lecture hall, seats ~300). I had no clue she had a class with me!! She didn't see me because I was sitting all the way at the top.

I panicked for a sec...and then realized this was the perfect opportunity! I caught up to her after class and said hey! and exclaimed that I didn't know she was in my class and chatted it a bit.

I cut it short and said do you want to head to starbucks (on campus) to grab some coffee? She showed me her bottle of juice in her hand and said, "Haha, I already have something to drink but I'd still like to sit down with you."

So we sat down and conversed for a few. She said she couldn't call me last Thursday because she had lost my number when she put it in her work apron pocket.

Chatted about 15min before she had to head to her next class, which was perfect in a way, no chance for any awkwardness to come about after a period a time or for me to screw up! Hahah

I said, why don't you write down your number here and perhaps we can do this again next time you're free?

She had her phone out and said for me to give her my number again, so I gave it.

I then said, I'd still like to get your number, and got it.

We then shook hands and parted!

Bingo!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Impressive! You didn't wimp out - good job, debris.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Perfect, congrats!!!

Way to go, assertiveness and confidence are two of the BIGGEST turn ons for girls. Persistence paid off for you, shes interested.

Remember the part where you asked her out in the bookstore? EVERY person in line behind you that heard you ask will remember you for yours balls when they see you on campus. Double edged sword that pays you on both edges

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Going to ask her to grab something eat in about half an hour at the Mexican restaurant/bar across the campus.

Wish me luck!

Edit: nevermind, looks like she was in a rush somewhere. I'll just call her tonight and set something up for tomorrow
    Last edited by debris; 27-02-09 at 09:05 AM.

Niiiiiice! God, I just LOVE a confident guy.
    Spammer Spanker