+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing Your Virginity

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    If you want to act like an adult... do the responsible thing... wait a few years before having sex... so that you won't risk bringing a child into this world that you can't afford to keep or impart any wisdom to.
    Not to mention it's dangerous to have a child at that age... And they're right, read the back of your pills. See that 99% there? That means there's still a chance.

I HOPE you decide to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by carl1222 View Post
    Why not? Because in the UK it's illegal for a 17 year old boy to have sex with a girl under the age of 16.

Carl.
    Oh, that's in the UK, where I'm from its only illegal for >18 to have sex with <18, but then again no one minds if the age gap is small ^^

By the way, regarding all the baby posts, you should be aware that the pill is in fact not completely safe, but as long as you make good use of it (not forgetting to take it more than once a month), the rate is 0.3 in 100.

If you combine that with a condom you should pretty good. I'm not saying you should do it, I'm saying pregnancy is not a good reason not to do it AS LONG AS you are very careful, so use the pill and a condom.

I'm not sure what is the combined rate of those but it must be lower than 0.3 so... You'd do better trying to win the lottery than have kids with those two... (ok, I'm exaggerating here, its still harder to win the lottery I guess).

NOTE: THIS IS FOR PERFECT USE, no missing pills, no medical conditions that could affect absorption of the hormones, no condom slipping and no condom breaking.

Just curious... has there been a study of the effects of birth control hormones on adolescent girls? Or are most studies based on adult women?

Just doesn't seem like such a good idea to be subjecting a girl in a transitional phase of development to birth control hormones for a long amount of time.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Covet View Post
    I like how you look down on me because I'm younger. First of all, I'm on birth control pills (not because I want to have safe-sex, but because of personal reasons) and second of all, I know for a fact that he wouldn't do this as he's not forcing me to have sex with him and I'm not forcing it on myself. He's never been in a relationship before. I'm the 2nd girl he has kissed, ever and I know for a fact that he's not like that it.
    If you have to ask strangers this question something is wrong. You are intelligent and know deep down that you can deal without sex right now in your life. You won't regret waiting. I know no one who regrets waiting but I know many that regret doing it at a very young age. Very few teens want to understand that but eventually do when they get older.

You are intelligent and already know about the importance of preventing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections. My concern is the emotional aspect of sex. I've seen your other posts. As I stated earlier are you psychologically and emotionally ready for sex? You say he won't do those things. I don't care what he does. I am asking YOU are YOU okay with people knowing that you are sexually active...including your parents or would you hide that information or pretend that you are not sexually active when your parents ask? Your friends? Your social circle?

Will you continue to ace your classes or become distracted and start to do poorly?
    Would your relationship grow or become nothing but sex and little else?
    Would you change and become possessive towards your boyfriend?
    Would you become dramatic towards your boyfriend?
    Would you become overly emotional?
    Would you become demanding?
    What expectations do you have for the relationship?
    Do you guys hope to be long term and/or marry?
    What is your reason for having sex now?

If you have to ask something is wrong. Listen to your instincts. You won’t ask when the time feels right for you.
    Last edited by lesa; 24-02-09 at 03:58 PM. Reason: typos
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    Just curious... has there been a study of the effects of birth control hormones on adolescent girls? Or are most studies based on adult women?

Just doesn't seem like such a good idea to be subjecting a girl in a transitional phase of development to birth control hormones for a long amount of time.
    I have no idea, why don't you check it out? I assume at least some of the studies are done on every part of the population, they wouldn't be putting 0.3 there if that was the case

As for the second idea you posted, there's no medical evidence to make that a bad idea and the fact that there haven't been any complaints proves otherwise.

Anyway, she already uses pills, so that's not the case.
    Hell, my girlfriend is 16 and she is on the pill due to irregular periods, nothing bad so far.

I know people that have taken the Pill for their skin problems.
    Spammer Spanker

My opinion is if you truly care about this guy and know that he does too, then go for it. Sooner or later, you're going to have sex, why not have it with someone you care about instead of someone else and then regret not doing it with this guy? As long as you feel emotionally ready (since obviously you're physically ready) then go for it. But be safe, be sure he wears a condom and don't miss taking your pill.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa
    "Will you continue to ace your classes or become distracted and start to do poorly?''
    Give me a break....
    You're my chorus, my refrain
    The verse of my first pain

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Covet, having sex for the first time brings an end to a lot of things. It's a major step into adulthood.
    I had sex for the first time when I was 23. Funny, I don't feel like more of an adult. I felt like an adult before who never had sex. now I feel like an adult who has had sex.

Quote Originally Posted by cewzp4 View Post
    I lost my virginity when I was 15. I thought I was ready to deal with the consequences
    Pregnancy? I can't think of any other consequences other than an STD.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 25-02-09 at 12:10 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

herpes are forever...
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreek View Post
    My opinion is if you truly care about this guy and know that he does too, then go for it. Sooner or later, you're going to have sex, why not have it with someone you care about instead of someone else and then regret not doing it with this guy? As long as you feel emotionally ready (since obviously you're physically ready) then go for it. But be safe, be sure he wears a condom and don't miss taking your pill.

Give me a break....
    Couldn't agree more, as long as she takes the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy and STD transmission (read my last post).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a few disconnected thoughts for you:

1) If you were really ready, you wouldn't be asking.

2) Keep in mind that once a girl finally gives the boy what he wants, he often gets bored and wants to move on. It's not that he is BAD, it's just the nature of being a kid.

3) Males reach their sexual peak a LONG time before females do, and it is possible (and even likely) that he is ready for sex and you are not.

4) I'd really like to see the ages and gender of the people who are advocating for you to give it up. My guess is that they are young males. I believe the older males and ALL of the females are advising you to wait.

5) I did a clinical rotation in a Labor and Delivery floor in a hospital where the vast majority of people giving birth were 14-15 years old. Several of those girls claimed they used birth control, and STDs were rampant.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

15 is way too young to lose virginity (even for a guy). All the other serious reasons aside, would you really want to have it on your record that you lost virginity before you were even of legal age?

My 2 cents
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Truth be told, it doesn't matter what age a girl has her cherry popped. It only matters for guys. Guys are judged far more on this basis, FAR more

Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Truth be told, it doesn't matter what age a girl has her cherry popped. It only matters for guys. Guys are judged far more on this basis, FAR more
    Yea, if you are being sarcastic I agree.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

do what you think is best for yourself. if you want to, then do it; but be safe, because there are consequences. i lost my virginity at 13; i didn't think of my virginity as a special thing. but if your willing to become a mommy on accident then go for it.
    [true love never dies for it is lust that fades away. love bonds for a lifetime but lust just pushes away]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast