+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing Your Virginity

Losing Your Virginity

At what age do you think is unacceptable and what age do you think is acceptable?

I've been with my boyfriend for over a year and we haven't done it yet. I'm 15, he's 17 and we have never been in relationships before this one. We're both very close and we've done stuff for a long time, just never sex because I've never been quite ready.

Is 15 an acceptable age or do you think it's too young?

I lost my virginity when I was 15. I thought I was ready to deal with the consequences, and looking back I wasn't. Personally, I regret not waiting until I was more mature and more aware of what being in love with someone was.

But I would say if you really think you are ready, and you care enough about the person, do what you want. I don't think that there is necessarily an "acceptable" age, but just be sure you are ready. AND SAFE. Please be safe.

If the prospect of being pregnant at 15 does not scare you... then you haven't begun to be 'ready' for sex...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

15! I shouldn't become a parent.

Imagine he ends the relationship immediately after sex and tells all his friends, your friends, and family. Are you okay with that? Are you okay if this relationship does not end in marriage or long term? Are you okay if you become pregnant after this act? Are you okay with supporting your own living?

What happened to good old abstinence? Why must teens engage in "alternative" sexual behavior. If you are smart you would choose abstinence. If you are not, then at least be smart enough to use protection and correctly. But, there’s nothing better than abstinence until you are fully ready for ALL consequences of your actions.

I guarantee you won’t regret abstaining.
    Last edited by lesa; 23-02-09 at 09:24 AM.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Abstinence...not a bad thing. I can speak for most men when I say that the single most common explanation for bumps in the road to achievement in life is...one's dick. It is forever making bad choices. For the eternal bachelor, it is nothing more than Satan's Staff. The sex is often good, but one pays a price when the situation ends. Or there can be worse outcomes.

In the very best of possibilities, you meet a loving partner and it becomes the giver of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Covet View Post
    we've done stuff
    Meh, I bet you already had sex. ANAL IS SEX PEOPLE. Just a little reminder.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post

In the very best of possibilities, you meet a loving partner and it becomes the giver of life.

That's horrible advice for a 15 year old... you just made pregnancy in her case sound wonderful.

Oh boy... here comes another baby having a baby...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Well you've been together for a while so if you feel like you want to do it and if you feel comfortable enough around him why not?

As long as you are protected... If you are afraid try doing blood tests with him, just in case ^^

USE PROTECTION ANYWAY!

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    Well you've been together for a while so if you feel like you want to do it and if you feel comfortable enough around him why not?

As long as you are protected... If you are afraid try doing blood tests with him, just in case ^^

USE PROTECTION ANYWAY!

Why not? Because in the UK it's illegal for a 17 year old boy to have sex with a girl under the age of 16.

Carl.

15 is WAY to damn young... I mean, i didn't have sex till i was like 21. And a lot of the women that i meet that are still virgins (they exist) are VERY happy about the decision. It shows a lot of self control to be able to wait.

How many girls do you know that had a kid at 15 or 16 can honestly say, they wouldn't have done things differently?

I say wait, i won't say how long, i'm not your dad. But in my opinion 15 is not old enough.

EDIT: On a side not, PROTECTION! The physical kind, Latex or latex-ish. Can never be to careful.

Quote Originally Posted by lesa View Post
    15! I shouldn't become a parent.

Imagine he ends the relationship immediately after sex and tells all his friends, your friends, and family. Are you okay with that? Are you okay if this relationship does not end in marriage or long term? Are you okay if you become pregnant after this act? Are you okay with supporting your own living?

What happened to good old abstinence? Why must teens engage in "alternative" sexual behavior. If you are smart you would choose abstinence. If you are not, then at least be smart enough to use protection and correctly. But, there’s nothing better than abstinence until you are fully ready for ALL consequences of your actions.

I guarantee you won’t regret abstaining.
    I like how you look down on me because I'm younger. First of all, I'm on birth control pills (not because I want to have safe-sex, but because of personal reasons) and second of all, I know for a fact that he wouldn't do this as he's not forcing me to have sex with him and I'm not forcing it on myself. He's never been in a relationship before. I'm the 2nd girl he has kissed, ever and I know for a fact that he's not like that it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    That's horrible advice for a 15 year old... you just made pregnancy in her case sound wonderful.

Oh boy... here comes another baby having a baby...
    My first sentence was pro-abstinence...did you see it???

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    My first sentence was pro-abstinence...did you see it???
    I saw it... still the last sentence disregarded and contradicted the rest.

She's looking for a reason to justify having sex at such a young age... she won't be reading the whole message... just looking for whichever part that agrees with what she wants to do...

I hope you realize this.

- James Allen

Covet, having sex for the first time brings an end to a lot of things. It's a major step into adulthood. Are you really ready for this?

I lost my virginity at 16 and I wish I had waited. I thought I was ready. I wasn't.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Covet View Post
    I like how you look down on me because I'm younger. First of all, I'm on birth control pills (not because I want to have safe-sex, but because of personal reasons) and second of all, I know for a fact that he wouldn't do this as he's not forcing me to have sex with him and I'm not forcing it on myself. He's never been in a relationship before. I'm the 2nd girl he has kissed, ever and I know for a fact that he's not like that it.

First of all... birth control pills aren't foolproof.. you can still get pregnant.. and it does happen.

Second... at 15, you couldn't possibly know anyone your age well enough to determine how they would handle a situation with a magnitude of which neither of you can possibly imagine right now.

Stop trying to justify having sex right now... enjoy your youth... There's no need to play Russian roulette with the baby-making process. You have nothing to offer a child right now.. you're not even an adult.

Having sex doesn't make you a 'grown up'....
    If you want to act like an adult... do the responsible thing... wait a few years before having sex... so that you won't risk bringing a child into this world that you can't afford to keep or impart any wisdom to.

- James Allen

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast