+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy/Girl being best friends or more?

Guy/Girl being best friends or more?

This is a question that may have been beaten to death, I am not sure. I don't have any other place to put it, but I am curious as to what you all think:

Is it possible for a guy and girl to be best friends and one not fall for the other? Or better yet, both fall for each other?

I used to think it was 100% possible because that's what used to happen for me, but I started to gain feelings for her after about 4 years. We're still best friends, but my feelings being kept inside has really been tearing at me and I feel like it'll eventually tear away our friendship. In short, I think it's possible for a short amount of time, but one will eventually fall for the other...

I used to think it was possible, but not anymore. Unless one of them is gay.

I dont think that it is possible because you do grow close and end up getting feelings for each other.

If you trust him, you could sit down and talk to him and let him know how you feel. I know people have done it, but it could go well or it could ruin your friendship.

I've had guys whom I just saw as friends but uh.. eventually, they ended up liking me. Idk... I think that it is possible IF neither of you are attracted to that kinda girl or guy but if there is attraction then feelings can grow.

Close friendships with the opposite sex can be difficult, and if you've got one then its a relationship you should look after.

I think romantic comedies have a lot to answer for, making people believe that a friend of the opposite sex could be your soul mate, in reality the most you can hope for is a few awkward shags with **** all to show for it when its over..

The best thing to do is to acknowlege that just because your friend has boobs and a fanny that's not a good enough reason to want to shag her. Once you've got that clear in your head you'll be better able to come to terms with the sexual element in your friendship and you can both move on.