+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She says she wants to be a better person but it seems fishy to me

She says she wants to be a better person but it seems fishy to me

I am going to say at the outset because a lot of people read the first paragraph and go right to the comments, please don't just tell me to move on. If I could do that I would have done it by now.
    After lots of advice I confronted my semi-ex about the fact that she has been talking to her ex boyfriend because she went back home this week. She has been distant since before Christmas but claims that she isn't trying to get back with him or having sex with him. Over the past two months we have been broken up, she's said that she needs to be by herself for now so we have to stop having sex, but once or twice a week she will call me up and request my services. She still talks about how most of the time she feels like I am the perfect guy but because we are so different she has her doubts.
    In our talk I told her what I honestly thought of how things were playing out and how the main complaint that she has voiced is that I ask her to be nicer and so I don't recognize that she loves me. So the next day she calls me up, and tells me that other people have been telling her that she is mean and so she come to Jesus or something and so she is going to be nicer, pray and read the Bible everyday, stop cursing, stop drinking, and stop having sex for the next 40 days.
    So I called her back later that day and told her that the whole thing seemed very much like she was cheating and either weighing her options or waiting to see if she had contracted something. She gets mad and says that I don't understand her and that is why she doesn't know if we can be together. Still very cheater like. On the off chance that she is not lying I thought I would ask what you all thought.

Damn, you're about as suspicious and cynical as i am.

I agree with you. It's fishy. And I'm not talking the kind that is loaves-and-fishy.
    Spammer Spanker

She sounds loco.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Just throwin' it out there - the "next 40 days" are Lent. Many Christians try to do something: give something up, do something extra that they think will better themselves or bring them closer to God. Maybe she decided it would be a good time to try to change?

I'm not saying there's nothing fishy, just wanted to point out the significance of today and the next 40 days in case you hadn't thought of it.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    You should move on.
    What was the first thing I said?

Quote Originally Posted by BigQid View Post
    You can't control our advice. If all we can see for you is to move on with no other reasonable options, that's what we will tell you. If you want us to blow sunshine up your a**, just give us a script and we'll cut and paste it into our responses ... I read your whole post, and my advice is that you should move on. She's a flake at best, a cheater at worst.

Carl.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigQid View Post
    Don't worry I read the whole thing.

I see absolutely no reason why you should waste more life on her.

Did you leave something out?

Did you have a child?

Buy a house together?

Waiting for the rent lease to expire?

If so, that information is important.

You seem to have forgotten what a happy relationship is supposed to be about.

My advice is that since your ties with her are so strained, it won't take much effort to cut that thin string.

I almost need her for school.