+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wow what should I even say to this?

wow what should I even say to this?

Well I'm sure most of you know about the situation I had with my ex. Short version of it... We were dating VERY seriously for 3 years, she claims she lost feelings, broke up with me, dated another guy right away. It has been a little over 2 months since we broke up and I'm doing a lot better.

So here is the problem.

I have been trying to get out more, I have a potential date lined up for this week and since I'm excited about it I do want to talk about it so I mentioned it to me father. Somehow the word got out to my ex through my father or some other line of people that I had this potential date.
    She either heard it as or interpreted it as that I have a new girlfriend.

so She finds this out today and texts me "So I head you have a new gf". I didnt have my phone with me so I didnt respond. 5 min later she texts. "I would like to talk sometime, because believe it or not I do miss you".

I saw these texts 1 hour after she sent them so I responded with something like this.
    "I dont know where you heard I have a gf but that is untrue. Also we can talk when I come home next week if you want, or when I'm home for spring break but I'm going to Cali over spring break."

Now what the hell am I supposed to take away from those texts!?!? Seriously? I'm trying my hardest to get over this break-up, get out more, no communication, go on dates, etc.. Then the moment she hears I have a date or gf or w/e she texts me about it. Then when I dont respond she texts me that 2nd message?!?! WTF! Ya I obviously still have some feelings for her so these texts just stir up those feelings and put thoughts into my head.
    They really pissed me off! I'm trying to just view them as nothing more than simple texts from an ex but it is so hard to do that.

any ideas guys?

my guess is that she just wants to be closer friends or she is just trying to keep you from moving on by being a tease so she knows your not with someone else...i suppose there always is that possibility that she wants to talk about getting back into a relationship, no one here knows her better than you have to make judgment on what she wants...talk to her and see what she is thinking.

I'm pretty sure she does want to stay close because with our situation we kinda have to.
    A part of me wants it to be the 2nd part and I want her to come back to me but a bigger part of me is saying it is the wrong thing.

I honestly dont know what she is thinking. I think with her she is an impulsive person so if she isn't happy with her current relationship then she could come back to me. If that is the case then I woudl just feel like I'm a backup.

I'm going to talk to her when I go home but I'm not going to bring this crap up. I'm just going to tell her how my past 2 months were and possibly bring up the other girl but not much if at all.

This morning she txted me back from that message last night saying "Ok but how have you been" I just responded with "Fine thanks. Lets just walk when I get home as that will be easier"
    so she responded with "ok....." and I left it at that.

i am kinda dealing with the same thing my ex is flirting with me and she is dating an ass of a guy at the moment...i'm not sure if i want her back when they break up because i don't want to be the guy that she wud date if other guys don't work out...so i know exactly what your saying...

every guy wants what they cant have i guess, you probably want her now and when or if she decides that she is right for you, your feelings might change and you might realize she is not what you want and you should move on...for now i would just say to go out and have a good time with whatever date you get...try not to let her hold you back

She's a "dog in the manger." She doesn't want to be with you, but she doesn't want you to be happy with anyone else. Don't fall for it and let her block your progress toward moving on.

Carl.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6C95kG5Mw"]YouTube - dance hall crashers he wants me back[/ame]
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by swargolet View Post
    Well I'm sure most of you know about the situation I had with my ex.
    Nope. the following doesn't look like a "short" version to me.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

MisterFlapJack Guest
    And the story continues...

I remember reading your story from the start. You seemed like you were doing good before this. I don't know what to say man. She cheated on you, hurt you, then showed no sympathy towards your pain. It kinda sounds like she finally realized what she had (you) and she wants you back. When she heard you had a gf, she felt like you were done with her.

Just try to not think about it until you talk with her in person. Don't get your hopes up or anything. But just keep in mind, IF she wants to get back with you, do YOU want to get back with her? After everything she's done to you. Obviously, you know her better than any of us do and it's your decision to whether she deserves another shot.

She's the cat and you're the mouse... and now that you 'got away'... she's missing her little plaything.

Don't fall for it, just cut her completely out of your life and be done with it. It's none of her business who you date, where you go, or what you do in life. She has her own life and you have yours.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

If she did want to get back together I have no clue what I'd do.

I am 99% sure that the best thing to do is to find someone new and really that is what I want to do. I want to find someone that goes to my college so I dont have to deal with the long distance crap. I'm sure many of you know how hard it is to resist the urge to want to date someone you loved again. An impulse answer would be yes though.

I'm probably overthinking this all. I have no clue if she is still dating that one guy and the easiest way I could find out (myspace) I refuse to do as I dont want to view her page, and really I shouldnt care.

I know everything she has done to me and I do take that into account. I do give myself excuses about it every so often like "well she did that because I was away, or because she didnt have feelings anymore" but it doesnt matter. No one should do that to anyone else no matter what.

I guess I'll see whats up next weekend when I help my family move (which is another story! no more home for me ). Hopefully I can get this date worked out with this girl at my college and hopefully that goes well

Well, here it is. You ex is a stupid bitch. If you didn't have a new girlfriend she wouldn't want you, but if you do, all of a sudden she has some interest.

Goes to show how ****ing stupid some people are.

I notice how ex's (even if they were the ones who broke it off) get jealous when you're with someone else.

It's so stupid. But a lot of women are stupid.

wow what should I even say to this?
    Nothing

That's the meaning of 'moving on'
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

any ideas guys?
    Pretend that she's a sister. That should do it.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Its simple, now that it appears like you aren't available and she thinks that maybe you've moved on, she sends a text like that to get you back on the hook.

I don't know the history between you guys but if shes played you in the past, I'm not sure if theres a reason to believe shes gonna stop now. If you really think you should move on, then don't lose your progress and go back.

Go out on your date with the new girl, tell your old girl you moved and and there's nothing to say.

I'll start by replying to you guys...
    She really hasnt played me in the past like this. I also realize that she is only responding now because she thinks I have a new gf which is bull crap. I'm the "back up" guy it seems and I dont want to be that guy.
    And Lesa it is funny that you say that. You should read some of my first posts and you'll see why it is funny.
    And to Benjwah, I can't say I moved away as she'll know if I do or dont given our situation.

Now a little update. She has been constantly texting me. I will list the texts soon. I responded to most of them just so I wasnt an ass but I didnt make the texts long, just straight and to the point. And if I didnt respond she would text 5 min later. Wow 2.5 months of no talking and now I'm getting texts! Well here they are from today. S will be me J will be her. These are all from today and just came out of no where. O ya also about half the texts that were sent by "me" werent. They were sent by a friend. I just didnt care if they sent them. I'll put a + next to the ones I didnt send

J: How are you.
    S: eh im fine, u?
    J:Good. I have a confession.
    S: What is it?
    J: I miss you.
    S+: In what way?
    J:idk I just miss u
    S: O ok, dunno what to say
    J: K Sorry.
    S: Nothing to be sry abt. I was just not expecting txt from u or anything
    J: I'm sorry if that was weird. So any new girls?
    S+: No not yet but tauna is setting me up w this awesome girl
    J: Thats cool is she cute?
    S+: She is really cute and funny
    J: Thats good I hope it works out 4 u but i wanna talk to u wen ur not busy its been a while
    S+: We can talk over break
    J: Thats far y not now or r u busy
    S+: Tauna is over
    J: whose that
    S+: My weekend stripper
    J: No really
    J: Steve I really wanna talk to u so please make it soon
    S+: about what
    J: Something I dont wanna text it tho but whose this person really
    S: its a girl i hand out with. but um I dunno abt talking on phone now. I guess if you REALLY want to maybe later
    J: No its ok u dont have to talk to me u can hang w ur friends
    S: Im just saying later
    J: Only if u want to
    S: ya my friends are gone so if u really need to talk u can call in like 20 min. Im eating now

So ya... thoughts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast