+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lonely

Lonely

Well i am in the middle of having a broken heart. Its gotten easier now, but being home still with my parents is not easy. My mom had an epileptic attack ABOUT AN hr ago and i comforted her and she is sleeping. The problem is that she apparently didnt take her meds AGAIN and thats y she had the attack. i miss my ex at this point, at home , alone I am working hard at my new job, but still not getting out there enough.

feeling like a loser coz i know she is going out meeting guys and i am stagnant in this area. i want to move on in life ie own place, but then what about my mom who might have attack when my dad aint there. Being at home is really bad - depressing almost. am i being selfish?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Your mom is a big girl, and she knows she needs her meds. It isn't YOUR responsibility to give up your life because you are worried she may have seizures. I tell you this from experience. My kid has epilepsy, and she is responsible enough to take her meds without me telling her to, and she has been independent with this since before she was 12.

If your mom is having a hard time remembering to take her medication, you can help her out by making up a checklist she can use to ensure she remembers, and she can tape it to the mirror in her bathroom or wherever she is sure to see it on a regular basis.

.........................AM.............PM
    Monday..............___............___
    Tuesday.............___............___
    Wednesday.........___............___
    Thursday............___............___
    Friday................___............___

(etc.)

Now get your bottom out of the house, and live your own life.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I finally started having that way of thinking in the last year or two. Thanks for the advice Vashti, i have already set her cell phone to alarm LOUDLY at the same time everyday.

Anyways, its just it would have been nice to chat to my ex and vent a bit. The hurt is slowly going even though i am still in contact with her from time to time. but i feel such a loss in me - and no i am not saying she is my life and that i cant live without her, but i do believe that i am poorer in life without her.

One door closes and another door opens, kak. Someone will walk through it. Don't worry. In the meantime, work on getting your own place. Living with the 'rents isn't exactly a plus for dating.
    Spammer Spanker