+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to make a good impression?

How to make a good impression?

I'd like to first explain the situation.

One of my friends (girl) really wants me to hook up with one of her friends as we are both single and she thinks we'd mesh well. All I know of this girl is of what my friend told me and from what I've seen in pictures. Looks-wise and the little things you can pull from the pictures (posture, what they are doing, etc..) she seems to fit what I look for in a girl quite well, but all that can be very deceiving.
    I dont know what my friend has told her about me as she wont tell me .

Ok well you have the situation. Well we planned to go out bowling Sunday. It will be me, my friend (girl), her boyfriend, another one of my friends (guy), and then the girl that I hope to make a good impression on. I know all of them pretty well except THE girl.

Here's the thing with me, well with a lot of people. I'm perfectly fine around girls (maybe a little too open) IF I dont like them, now if I like them I close up like a clam or I'm open just not with them. So I'm wondering what is the best way to make a good impression? Should we do anything after bowling? I'm guessing suggesting a movie back at my place would be too early. I will probably ask to hang out with her again but I dont really know how.
    My friend (girl) is actually taking me out shopping because I guess I dont have any good clothes haha! So she is going to dress me. Ha! I dont want to seem like the creepy guy that is trying to sit next to her but thats all. I just feel like I'll try to be nice or whatever and just come up as weird.

So suggestions please about making a good impression and possibly asking to hang out again.

Have faith in your friend, if shes taking you shopping she obviously thinks you two have enough in common to warrant her going the extra mile to get you ready.

You have heard it before, but its still true, be yourself. Be confident in yourself and who you are, women are attracted to confident guys. Be yourself just means act like you would with any of your other friends, it doesn't mean you have to tell them about that disorderly conduct ticket you got back when you were 19 for peeing on a fire hydrant while you were drunk.

You're going to be nervous when you see her, be ready for it. You will be just fine, don't over think it all, just play it by ear.

If you guys want to do something after bowling I would try to do something other than go watch a movie. Theres nothing wrong with her coming over, I just generally think movies are a bad idea when you're trying to meet someone. You don't talk during them and generally its kind of a close for the night. I would go get ice cream or something. If shes shy or nervous, being out in public will probably help her open up rather than going into unfamiliar surroundings. Thats all my personal opinion though.

You want to ask her to hang out again? Then ask. Say "hey, I had a lot of fun hanging out with you, we should hang out gain. Whats your number?" Shes not going to say "no" or "I don't think thats a good idea." Numbers are easy to get, its what you do after you get it that will kind of set the tone.

Btw, why is your other male friend coming?
    Last edited by Cbrider; 04-03-09 at 04:04 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

I know it's easier said than done but you just have to relax. Don't focus too much on the girl you're interested in, but obviously don't lose sight of her either. Every now and then, you'll want to ask her questions to build rapport. Keep up a genuine smile and when things get kind of rowdy and suffocating, ask her if you two could step outside so you can get to know her even better without the interference of others.

Oh and one last things, girls DO like nice guys. You just have to be yourself and show that you're confident under your own skin. But at the same time, don't forget to throw in a little joke and sarcasm in there to show that you're not all Mr. Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by swargolet View Post
    I'd like to first explain the situation.

One of my friends (girl) really wants me to hook up with one of her friends as we are both single and she thinks we'd mesh well. All I know of this girl is of what my friend told me and from what I've seen in pictures. Looks-wise and the little things you can pull from the pictures (posture, what they are doing, etc..) she seems to fit what I look for in a girl quite well, but all that can be very deceiving.
    I dont know what my friend has told her about me as she wont tell me .

Ok well you have the situation. Well we planned to go out bowling Sunday. It will be me, my friend (girl), her boyfriend, another one of my friends (guy), and then the girl that I hope to make a good impression on. I know all of them pretty well except THE girl.

Here's the thing with me, well with a lot of people. I'm perfectly fine around girls (maybe a little too open) IF I dont like them, now if I like them I close up like a clam or I'm open just not with them. So I'm wondering what is the best way to make a good impression? Should we do anything after bowling? I'm guessing suggesting a movie back at my place would be too early. I will probably ask to hang out with her again but I dont really know how.
    My friend (girl) is actually taking me out shopping because I guess I dont have any good clothes haha! So she is going to dress me. Ha! I dont want to seem like the creepy guy that is trying to sit next to her but thats all. I just feel like I'll try to be nice or whatever and just come up as weird.

So suggestions please about making a good impression and possibly asking to hang out again.

Thanks guys. more tips are welcome!

Also I guess my other guy friend is coming because he is usually a part of our group. It is usually me, him, the girl setting me up, and her boyfriend. I would kind of prefer for him not to come as then it would sort of force me and the other girl to talk.

Oh and one last things, girls DO like nice guys. You just have to be yourself and show that you're confident under your own skin. But at the same time, don't forget to throw in a little joke and sarcasm in there to show that you're not all Mr. Serious
    I agree, just be yourself. Buy her something to drink and while drinking, have a little chat..
    i'm a spamming mutha fuka!

Well just got back.
    The first and really only bad thing that happened was bringing my other guy friend along. It isn't that he "stole" her it was just weird and kinda sucked as I will explain later.

We had 5 people total. Me, my guy friend (above), girl im interested in, then another couple.
    Overall I believe it went fine. We picked her up from her place and just out of sheer unluckiness she ended up getting in the car from the passenger side. We put 3 people in the back seat so it ended up being me, my friend, and her. Not a huge deal. I didn't really speak to her on the short car ride to the bowling alley, did just a little bit. At the alley I talked to her a decent amount. Oh, and my one mistake here was not offering to buy her a drink. I was going to around the 6th frame and then the 10th frame rolled around and we finished. I did offer to buy her some food but she just ate.
    We then went out for some ice cream. This went fine except once again my guy friend sat next to her in the booth. He knew I was trying to get to know her better and was just pulling dick moves. O well. We talked quite a bit here so that was good. Few laughs here and there.
    Then the plan was to all watch a movie back at my place and I planned to walk her back to her place after the movie and before she got to her room ask to hang out again as then it would be a 1 on 1 thing. Well she partied the weekend away and left all her homework for tonight so she was unable to watch a movie with us as it was already 8pm. So this plan didn't work.
    Overall I think she has a good impression of me and I hope to see her again. I met her through one of my friends (the girl from the couple above, call her T). I think I'll just talk to T and see what can be done as I never see the girl im interested in elsewhere. I guess there is always the facebook add friend then message but I dont like that, I'd rather ask her directly. So I guess we'll see how things go later. It just sucks that spring break is next week because if I dont hang out with her again this week it would be 2 weeks since I'd be able to again and that would just suck.
    Overall she seems like an awesome girl. Cute, nice yet still pretty crazy. She also seems to have a lot of the same views on me about certain things.

Is this high school or college? This is a pretty cute story I must say. Well I would talk to T like you said and see what the girl is thinking about ya!

do an activity, it relieves any nervousness. i went clay pigeon shooting on a date and i think i'm in lurve, it was so original and it chilled us both out so we were able to chat for hours after
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

This is college. She is a freshman I am a sophomore. This is really the first girl I've been interested in here. I have met many especially this year as I am recently single but I'm picky about the girls I "choose". Some guys try to grab the first girl they meet and Im not like that. i know this happens quite frequently right after a break-up also.
    I will talk to T and see what she says about it all. I feel kinda awkward asking her questions about it though.

Good idea with the activity. Maybe if it warms up where I live and the ground isn't muddy I can teach her how to play Frisbee golf. I like a movie as a end of the date type of thing as you can become closer with eachother but I dont like it as the whole date itself as you are unable to talk then.

Well this week we are unable to do anything as everyone is leaving Friday since spring break is next week. Wed. I have class until 7pm and thursday I'm out with friends, then friday I leave.
    Then comes spring break, so it will be 2 weeks until we could possibly hang out again. I know it is a horrible way to do this, but I sent her a little facebook message just saying I had fun bowling and I hope she did also. I kept it short and simple.
    I would've much rather talked to her in person but since I never see her it isn't really possible.

Well the message on facebook will let her know that you are thinking about her.

Swargolet, this may have no importance at all but why on earth did you bring another single guy friend along on a first date??? Do you like competition that much?

Carl.

See I really wouldnt call it a date, more just trying to get to know her better.
    I was also not the organizer of this so I'm not the one who invited people. I wouldve preferred to not have him come but since he was invited by someone else I'm not going to tell him, no you cant come.