+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dating other racial backgrounds

Talked to a girl today (white) who expressed she only dated black guys. Now if she had stated it in the way "I prefer black guys, they're more attractive to me" that would be completely fine, but to completely rule out a gender for the very lame reasons she gave me ("I'm a thick girl and I act ghetto (she doesn't act ghetto at all) so white boys don't like me anyway.") I'm sitting here thinking she's pretty damn attractive but I toss it aside hearing this blatant ignorance. Alas, it matters not.
    Heit ist mein taug.

The appearance don't matter to me. What I'm most concerned with is the person's understanding of my cultural background. I was born and raised in Korea. I can pretty much tell you that the culture/style is significantly different from here in the US. Although I am generally Americanized now, but I still carry certain traits of my heritage that some people never encountered or experianced.

I can easily adapt to the American culture, because living here for so long I'm used to it by now, but it's difficult dating someone who have lived here all their life and never have experienced taste of my own culture. Some of the cultural behavior is difficult to explain simply in words. For example, I recently came across someone who is from inland eats lot of meat for meal due to lack of available variety of sea food where this person is from (or at least I've been told so). So going to sushi restaurant was probably an bad idea. She was mortified to see me chowing down raw fish down my throat. I didn't take offence for her disgust at my behavior. At first she was hesitant to try some, but at least she reluctantly had tried some. She had liked some and some actually made her gag, but the point is she had accepted the offer and made an effort to bond with me.

Although, it is the individual's preference to eat what they like, not because what country they are from, but my concern is how someone I'm dating react to my lifestyle of culture and accept me for who I am. All I can say is I'm willing to meet the person halfway. It is impossible to convert myself to someone else's lifestyle that I've never experienced. Therefore, I expect the person to meet me halfway also, and I'd understand that person cannot be completly transformed to my living. As long as there's harmony in the relationship it's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    i wondered why it had to be a fetish to date an asian guy when any other race would love an asian girl ...
    Whoever told you that is an idiot. Of course it's a fetish to seek out any person of either gender because of their race. Double standards are a sign of a regressing society. Sorry you have to deal with crap like that.

I do not see a lot of Asian men with women who are not Asian, and I do not know why that is.
    We can be heroes just for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by prosejunkie
    I do not see a lot of Asian men with women who are not Asian, and I do not know why that is.
    You know something, I've wondered same thing myself. It could have something to do with the mainstream in media. You don't see whole lot of Asian males on film or TV in relationships with different nationality. If somehow Asian males dating other races became a "pop culture", then it just might become a fad. Like, I'd like to see Britney Spears or J Lo going with some Eastern dude.

Since this Asian male subject came up, why arn't there any cool Asian male actors or singers in America? There's Jackie Chan, but that guy always gets on my nerves.

I don't like asian girls because they're supposed to be submissive or softspoken or any kind of stereotype, I just find them physically very attractive. Set me up with a thick japanese girl and I'll be in heaven.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Ya i feel sorry for u 2short, you guys have the worst steretype imaginable lol
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

I've always found Asians to be very attractive, especially the women. I don't know what it is. Their features just look so delicate and beautiful. I watched the Last Samuri again last night and the girl in it who took care of Cruise is SO beautiful.

I know it's easy to say this because I'm not asian, but I have so much respect and I'm so in love with Asian culture and history that I'd be proud to be asian. However since this is an outsiders view I realize I can only see the high points of it. I know there are negative aspects that I can't see but having so much admiration for the race I hate that it gives you a hard time.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort
    well, it's not the girls that have a problem getting another race ... it's the guys! haha ... but oh well ... my skin is my sin, i suppose ... can't do much about it ...

yes, clifton ... our stereotype is pretty ****ed up ... but there are SOME exceptions ...
    I like the way Asian guys look. But it's just like any other race, there are some more attractive then others. Come to think of it, there's this really cute Chinese guy that I went to school with and he's still in town, and as a matter of fact, still single too. hmmmmmmmmm.........interesting

Ya, its common for males because along with being a male comes immaturity, and then comes anime cartoons and kung fu flicks. which leads to seeing the entertainment aspect of the culture, which can lead to real knowledge of the culture, and indefinitaly to having a 'thing' for asian women, ive seen it a hundred times with guys who are into anime and shit. But anyway- tooshort deserves respect, wether true or not, he has lived his whole life, judged by women who think he has a small penis. its tough enough when your ok in that department. BIG ups!! btw are u korean dog? one of my friends is korean and his family has this weird tea with popcorn in it, WTF?
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    one of my friends is korean and his family has this weird tea with popcorn in it, WTF?
    lol. It's not popcorn, dude. It's rice.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    Ya, its common for males because along with being a male comes immaturity, and then comes anime cartoons and kung fu flicks. which leads to seeing the entertainment aspect of the culture, which can lead to real knowledge of the culture, and indefinitaly to having a 'thing' for asian women, ive seen it a hundred times with guys who are into anime and shit.
    I was actually referring to asian history. My interest in asian culture came long before my learning of the existance of anime.
    Heit ist mein taug.

Oh I know. I want to spend some time traveling and I'd like to spend some time through Asia in China and Japan. I'd rather see it myself than judge based on things I've seen. A friend of mine who was born in Tokyo and still goes back every summer says that among the older people there's some racism toward Americans but with the younger people America is idolized. That's just what I've heard but I'd rather experience it for myself.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I love Russian women, or technically german. For those of you that have seen James Bond, Golden Eye; the chik that was the bad girl. Man, she is sexy. I want those lips umm....down there, lol.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Personally I don't like bein' an Asian. But that's just my opinions. I'm not interested in Asian guys either. They never appealed to me. I don't know why. Probably because I'm just weird. I was only ever interested in European Boys.. they're well gorgeous.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast