+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My boyfriend is very touchy-feely in public...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeejulss View Post
    Personally, I think he is insecure. He wants everyone to know that the TWO of you are together.. AND BACK OFF... He probably does this without even noticing. Does he call you alot, ask where you are all the time or when he's talking to you on the phone does he ask who is there? My husband used to do this in the beginning of our relationship. He was always jealous or possessive... He is latin, so it is expected... But I am in NO WAY A JEALOUS person. I could care less if he went to a strip club or so on... So I told him, unless he wants to lose me forever he better chill out. I straightened his ass out right away.
    maybe the bf is just a horny guy and can't keep his hands off of her. they are young and still don't care what other people think.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Your boyfriend is completely in love with you doll ... enjoy it return the favour.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I predict this will be one of those things you "don't mind" now while you are still in the early stages, but later on will annoy the hell out of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by tigereyes12 View Post
    Why do you think so?
    Because if it didn't bother in some VERY small almost unnoticeable way, You wouldn't be here. Asking us.

I think he's just a physical guy, he likes to touch you, remind himself that your real and really with him. That sorta thing. I get the feeling your an attractive girl and he MIGHT have a small self esteem problem. So he wants to touch you. Make sure you know he loves you and wants to be with you.

But if he DOES annoy you (or the second it STARTS to) you should say something...
    Last edited by The_bobb; 10-03-09 at 01:52 AM.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

I think it is OK as long as there are not the other signs of being overly possessive. I like the touching thing and so it is not odd for a guy.

But if he calls every half hour, wants to know where you were, with who and what you did along with trying to control who you talk to, where you go etc well then it is time to hit the road.

Personally i'm a very touchy feely guy when with my gf, so i tend to always be in contact with her in some form or another. However i do always watch that it doesn't make it awkward for people around us, to begin i paid no attention to this, but then my gf mentioned it to me so i backed off a little. If it bothers you, or those around you and he's not noticing, then just mention it to him.

I used to do that too.... I always wanted to touch her somehow ... hold her hand while we were walking or hands around her waist while we were stand or waiting for the bus...
    Well that was because I felt insecure, I felt like somebody could take her away from me, and I wanted to feel her body near mine as much as possible ....I know it is kinda silly , childish and stupid but... it is unconcious...

with time I disciplined myself and I got rid of that!!^_^

I do the same thing with my girlfriend.
    I just like being close to her, letting people know that were togeather.
    For me its affection, it only becomes sexual when we both want it to be

What he is doing is no different than when a woman drops their purse in the baby seat of a shopping cart. Marking territory. The end.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Are you hot?

Maybe he just wants to beat his chest a bit to any interested males.
    Yeah sounds like that to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12