+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She wants me to be jealous?

She wants me to be jealous?

My girlfriend always tells me about every guy who flirts with her or guys she think that are hot/attractive etc.

When she tells me I pretend that I don't care but I have a feeling shes making some of the stuff up to make me jealous now.

A couple of days ago she said that she met a guy she had a huge crush on before she went out with me. Today she said while she was out with her friend she met the guy again and he gave her his number. When I asked her friend later about the guy she said that they didnt meet any guys today.I know her friend could be covering for her but she looked genuinely honest.

Is there a reason she wants me to be jealous? I mean I don't tell her about every girl that flirted with me.

I think she's just looking for attention. Maybe she just wants a reaction from you.

Do you not show your feelings for her to her? That could be a reason to act out the way she is.

It's definitely immature though, and she should stop. But I do need to know if you are one to keep your feelings bottled up inside cuz I dont think much girls like that. Now I'm not telling you that you should speak every detail, but some girls like when a guy is open with their feelings about them, or even given a casual compliment.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

I think the previous poster hit it right on. She wants some attention from you she doesn't feel like she is currently getting. You can totally throw her off next time she talks about some guy who flirted with her by saying "of course, your great looking".

My instinct in those situations is always to say, "What do you want me to say? What kind of response would make you happy so you would stop telling me this?"

But I don't know how well that works in a relationship.