+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I LEAVE or Should I STAY

Should I LEAVE or Should I STAY

Ok this is a long post please read it all....

Ok , so Iv been with my gf for 2 years now. At the beginning I didn’t initially fancy her. She wasn’t popular at all and didn’t wear make up or anything but I started fancying her because all my mates did, I started flirting with her and she started wearing more make up and nice clothes and it turns out she had fallen for me and she asked me out. I now realise she is extremely good looking and sometimes I cant get over how amazing she looks. Before I got with her I could have only dreamt with being with a girl that looks like her.

At the beginning of our relationship I wasn’t sure of us, at early stages in the relationship I thought of leaving, but stuck with it because she was too nice of a person. Iv really tried to do my best with her and treat her like a princess because she has the least confidence I have every seen of somebody who is sooo amazing. I tell her how amazing she is nearly everyday, both looks and personality because she is also a wonderful person.

However for some reason from time to time my love for her sinks and I feel I don’t truly love her. She is completely in love with me, more than I love her. I really care about her, but at times I see her as just a really special friend. I go through phases of really really loving her and she brings up marridge in the future (not in a too serious way just lightly) but I don’t like talking about that.

A part of me doesn’t want to be with her from now until the rest of my life, although I know she may be the most amazing person I will ever be with. However I also go through phases were I feel I can’t be in the relationship anymore. I feel too young for a serious relationship and feel tied down. I miss going out with my friends, as any time were out in a nightclub she needs to be with me for the whole time and she doesn’t like it when I want to go talk to my friends on my own while she talks to hers.

Because of our relationship she has lost most of her friends, well not properly, just she’s not as close to them as before, she wants to do everything with me and doesn’t want to spend time with her friends. I went on a 3 week holiday with just my friends, and sometimes felt tempted by other girls, and didn’t think about her. On the 3rd last day I was very drunk and my feelings about our relationship came out and I felt I didn’t want to be with her. I hooked up with a girl form back home that she knew, we kissed but as it came to doing more I stopped it.

The day after I realised how stupid I had been. When I came back from the holiday I told her that I had kissed a girl, and told her who it was. After many tears she stayed with me and I realised how much I cared for my her. It hurt me sooo much that I saw her in pain, I was very lucky to be with her and the holiday was the biggest regret of my life.

I came to realise that my feelings for her were obviously not strong enough if I was able to cheat on her, even if I was drunk. I felt deep down a need to be single again because I miss the old me, I miss doing whatever I want. And going out and having fun.

However I also go through phases were im completly in love with her and in 10 years time would gladly marry her. She is perfect in every sense, we rarely argue and if we do we are both quick to apologise. She is still very hurt 7 months on from the cheat and she regularly gives me digs about how I like blondes ( the girl I kissed was blonde and other stuff how I fancy other girls), to which I would be mean to her and not talk.
    I know this is mean as it was me who hurt her in the first place and she has a right to be angry with me. However the digs have nearly stop, and i am able to take the digs and not respond, although they still hurt alot.

It feels like sometimes when we talk on the phone she would talk for a solid 5mins on the phone about her problems or how shes worried about something. I always give her the best advice I can but now it is starting to get annoying as I feel all she has is problems and cant get over the fact I kissed another girl. I this is mean of me to think like this but I cant cope hearing her constantly bring this up.

But deep down she was always just a she unconfident girl. She always has said that I am the best thing that has ever happened to her as she feels popular and more confidant because of me. She tells me how lucky she is to have me, but I always tell her how amazing she is and that she could have any guy in the world if she wanted and that Im the one who is so lucky. I also tell her how lucky I am to have her after cheating.

What should I do? Deep down I feel I know the answer. But this girl loves me so mush, she would never hurt anyone and it would break my heart to see her in tears if I decided to leave her, I fear that she would loose all her confidence and feel there is nothing left for her in the world. Im truly her best friend and I know shed be lost without me. She tells me all the time how she misses me if I don’t see her for a couple of days. But when Im away I don’t seem to miss her as much as she does me. I know I need to leave but Id be so brokin hearted about it, it would kill me.

However as things are I cant do it. I cant stay with her for another 6-8 yeasrs and then get married , my life wouldn’t be fulfilled. I need to break, and if in a long time I realised she was the one for me I would try find her and marry her. But by then it could be too late for me which is something I feel I need to risk. I don’t want to loose her though she is very special to me. Im soooooo confused. The words of the song lovelockdown by kanyewest perfectly describe how I feel in our relationship.

is there another song by kanye that perfectly gives you the solution to this relationship?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I dunno???

how about heartless?
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

no, sorry!

but on a more serious note, your life is your first priority. if you don't do everything that you have set out to do, you will be blaming her for the rest of your life. you have to let her go.

She can do better than you. You're still immature and want to run around and be a boy. So let her go. Her pain won't last forever. She will find someone better who will appreciate her and grow with her.

this is harder than i thought, your replys are bringing me to tears

why though? how old are you both?

Solutions

It sounds like a typical situation that a lot of couples face - when the romance stage is over and you stay because it is comfortable and you would rather get trampled on by a stampead of elefants than tell her the truth.
    How long can you go on with her the way you are now? You are really stringing her along and making her think that somewhere down the road, things are going to work.
    There has to be a diplomatic way to sit her down and tell her that despite the love she has and the love you two share, you don't see yourself with her in the long run.
    You will hurt her less for being honest than by dragging things out more each day, hoping you'll either learn to love her like you did in the begining or maybe that she'll get the hint and things will be over.
    It's best to find time to tell her, write her a letter and have her read it in front of you, or little by little make less and less time for her before you break the news.
    She could be out there looking for Mr. Right but she is occupied with Mr. Right Now, so do the appropriate thing before it is too late.
    ~B.R.

im 20 and shes 19

I'm sorry that it's bringing you to tears but you are still in your adolescence! Let her be. Don't do her like that. She might be hurt now but she will respect you later on for setting her free before you really did something to make her resent you. She might be sad and hurt... but eventually she will move on and find someone else. As will you.

"you don't see yourself with her in the long run."

But sometimes I feel I want to be with her for the rest of my life because shes so perfect.

exactly, i don't know what Cocko is talking about, but we can't have the same expectations for youngsters as we have for fully developed adults.

Adult or Youngster... He is not ready to be committed. He loves her but he needs time to grow up. Is that so hard to comprehend?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast