+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accents

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Middle Easterns speaking english get on my damn nerves. It annoys me how everything they say sounds like a question.
    such a pretty girl, such a hater
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ho damn cuz, den you should hear my pidgin accent.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    Middle Easterns speaking english get on my damn nerves. It annoys me how everything they say sounds like a question.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7jman3aQ4&feature=related"]YouTube - You Dont Mess With The Zohan - One Pee Pee Touch[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    people who live in colorado still think new mexico is not in the u.s. that is stupidity.
    Hahah yep. I got that one last week. "I'm flying to New Mexico in July." "Oh so you're not going back to the US?"

Edit: From a German though, that's not as shameful as from a Coloradoan.

Also, I talked to a girl from Seattle the other day. Boy, was her accent annoying. I know tons of people from that area and I've never found the accent annoying. It could've been her voice, too. Shiver.
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 11-03-09 at 06:22 PM.

Sexy London accent
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    such a pretty girl, such a hater
    She probably just doesn't really know anyone from the middle east.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I can fall into a southern dialect rather well... though when I do I tend to sound more like boomhower off of King of the Hill...

My natural accent is rather proper, with a slight hint of a german dialect --- when I'm real angry I have a very apparent german accent.

When my boyfriend first met me... I was talking in a more 'normal' way (Dallas tends to have fewer rednecks than the small town I used to live in) and he mistook me for another Canadian...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I'm American born an raised, so i don't have an "accent" per se. But my MOTHER is British, so i use a lot of their terms and pronounce things differently. Ever call someone a plunker? Or tell someone they're acting like a pisshead or to shove off? When your not British or IN Britain =)

I lived a very confused life... It doesn't help that i'm ALSO in the midwest, so even when i speak with my Central California (raised there) language i still sound like a douche =(

My friends hate me sometimes...
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been told I sound like a surfer dude and I've been told I sound like a Soprano. Those dialects seem to me like they're on opposite ends of the spectrum but go fig.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

i have to say i adore the scottish accent phoarrrr
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I think I have a voice to put with Grib's face and if thats what it is...then whoooooooo!
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

lol bobb it's 'plonker' not 'plunker' hehe
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    i have to say i adore the scottish accent phoarrrr
    I don't know if I can tell the difference between Scottish and Irish accents.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    lol bobb it's 'plonker' not 'plunker' hehe
    Thank you =)
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I don't know if I can tell the difference between Scottish and Irish accents.
    I sometimes mistake a Scottish accent for Irish, but then if I hear the real Irish accent I can tell them apart straightaway.

And what is all this about Americans not having any accents? Sillies, we have American accents! Just ask a Brit! I've heard from English-learning studies that American English is the hardest to imitate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast