+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to get rid of baby's pacifier

How to get rid of baby's pacifier

I have my 17 month old daughter and she love her pacifier, She cannot sleep without it. Im concerned about her teeth and her mouth because when she get up in the morning her lips become white and her breath smells bad. How to get rid of the pacifier !?
    Frasbee was here.

[url]http://smartmomma.com/Baby/weaning_baby_pacifier.htm[/url]

maybe this might help
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Even her lower teeth are getting black.
    Frasbee was here.

you let her sleep with a pacifier through the night? if yes then it's a big no-no. take the pacifier out as soon as she falls asleep. at 17 month you should throw them all out and go see a dentist. he might have clean her teeth and apply some fluoride to try and save them. hope you're brushing her teeth with an electric tooth brush before sleep. also keep off any and all sweets including juices at least an hour before sleep.

do not give in to tantrums when she cries for it.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

i used to suck my thumb and quite honestly it didn't make any difference to my health or teeth, you can't take the pacifier away cold turkey, that would be traumatising for the child, do it slowly
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Throw all of them in the trash? Maybe? Yes?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pacifiers aren't making your child's teeth black. You need to take her to a pediatric dentist so you can learn about how to take proper care of her teeth. The ones she has now are BABY teeth - they will all fall out anyway, and normal pacifier use during the first few years of life won't cause long-term problems. In fact, they help a child learn to sooth themselves. The only problem with use at night is that when they fall out of a kid's mouth, they wake up crying because they want it back, but at 17 months, I am guessing she can get it in her mouth all by herself.

As for how to get rid of it - I waited until I went on a vacation and told him I forgot it at home. He was upset for about half a day, and then he was over it.

Be glad she's not a finger-sucker. That's a really hard habit to break.

Aw mehn I wish you didnt say that last line, Vash. My daughter sucks her thumb.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahh, well... good luck with that. That's a habit that can last a LOT longer, though most kids that suck into late childhood do it privately.

At least you have a girl - I wouldn't let mine wear nail polish until she stopped; I told her it was toxic and had to stay out of her mouth.

it didn't give me any problems growing up, i stopped sucking my thumb when i was about 7...lol i know that seems old but seriously it didn't make any difference to my teeth, no kidding i used to get comments about how great my teeth were, now in latter years my teeth have changed due to wisdom teeth but otherwise NO it didn't make a difference in my health or teeth

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Everyone gets braces nowadays, so I don't really think I'd torture my kid about it. They give it up on their own eventually anyway.

Braces still? I thought people would be getting Invisalign now.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not where *I* live...