+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I stay or should I go?

Should I stay or should I go?

Okay, I'm kinda new to this forum, so I don't know how you guys will respond to this, but I'll just explain myself as clearly and briefly as possible (sorry if it gets kinda long);

I was with my boyfriend for about 8 months. Everything was going quite well (or so I thought) although I did have problems that were not to do with the relationship ie. family etc. Then, quite out of the blue, he broke up with me. He was really vague about why at the time just saying that he didn't think we working, and he didn't feel either of us were happy, blahblahblah. Of course, I was devastated but I didn't push it anymore after that.

We spent about two months apart, during which time he was with two other girls (that I know of) but all they did was kiss etc.

Then, just recently, he emailed me. Says he was sorry for being an ass at the time of the break up and he wants to meet me as friends. When I go along, he says he's sorry etc and that the whole reason he broke up with me is because he loved me and he felt that it was HIM that was making me unhappy...

So, I am back together with him. I know he's genuinely sorry, and this isnt really an issue, but since being back with him I have noticed my feelings for him are different.

I have only been back with him for a few weeks, so perhaps it is just an 'adjustment period' kinda thing...But I also think it is possible that my feelings have changed during the months we were apart. To be honest, at the moment I am just so confused.

So I guess the real question is - Do you think I am stringing him along by staying?

Any other advice or insight into the situation would be much appreciated also. Thanks, x

I'll have a guess why your feelings for him are different. If I were you I would feel used. I would feel like I was broken up with because the person wanted to be with someone else and when that didn't work out they decided to come back. I'd feel like a backup plan.

If this is what you are feeling right now you should probably leave. He broke your trust by dumping you so he could explore relations with other women.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~