+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This a Good Thing?

Is This a Good Thing?

So, no comment on personal choices...but, is it good for a civilisation for 40 percent of children to be born out of wedlock? Can't think that it would be very good.

[url]http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D970HM7O0&show_article=1[/url]

Hard to say. Probably not a good thing, but it seems better than all of those marriages being forced upon people just because they're knocked up.
    Spammer Spanker

Can't be too good for the kids. All the evidence indicates that single-parenting tends to produce lower levels of educational performance and higher levels of crime. I suppose that might be good in a way because we'll just have a lot more dumb criminals...easier to catch, LOL.

Those statistics are somewhat coincidental. Married or not, there are more dumb assholes breeding than not.
    Spammer Spanker

Single moms can't raise their children. Its womans nature to be protective of her children. Humans have always been herd species, we come from monkeys. Monkeys too have their agressive male leaders that youngsters look up to.

Single mothers tend to be overprotective. Usually its the male part that lets children to experience life a bit, moms just teach basic things and care for them in early age, and are overly protective.

And it is even worse when single mom cannot find anybody to be with. So she tends to clinge to her son/daughter, just to not be alone. Often getting into her childrens way. Statistically speaking most of the problematic children come from single parents, especially mothers.
    Last edited by boobaa; 19-03-09 at 05:24 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Single mums and their kids are classified as at the highest risk of living in poverty. Women should be very careful when they pick a man. They should only have kids with the one they will be sticking with.

There should be a program that must be passed before people have children I think.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Statistically speaking most of the problematic children come from single parents, especially mothers.
    Hello, booba.. We were just wondering where you went.

Anyway, I think problematic children are more often the result of absentee, non-supporting fathers and single mothers that date frivolously.

there is a fallacy going on here. people are again assuming that children born out of wedlock are born to poor, single mothers.

one of the first sentences in that article was that children are being born to happy, unmarried couples.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

btw my mother was married when she had me, then they divorced soon after i was born and i was raised by a poor, single mother.

being born in wedlock=/= being born to happy, dual parent households.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I've never once heard the word "wedlock" before.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm more concerned about the teen birth rate rising.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    I've never once heard the word "wedlock" before.
    The above comment speaks volumes....

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Women should be very careful when they pick a man. They should only have kids with the one they will be sticking with.

There should be a program that must be passed before people have children I think.
    ...and it goes the other way, too. Men "should be very careful when the pick a woman. They should only have kids with the one they will be sticking with."

Women have let men off the hook, though. They've let the "price" of sex and reproduction go so low that men don't see the real obligation in it. Women have got things ass-backwards. Make a guy realize the true costs before you let him under your skirts. Instead, women think that if they like a guy, then its okay to let him get intimate AND THEN they want to talk serious and rules, etc. Too late, though. Women confuse their emotional response to things with what men's emotional response is. In other words, women often begin to get emotionally intimate when they agree to physical intimacy. They assume, wrongly, that men are doing the same.

Result: women never thoroughly screen for men who are going to be good fathers. They misjudge and screen for men whom appear to be good lovers in the physical sense.

Alternatively, men often look at women who give it up easily (and easily doesn't necessarily mean the first or second date...easily can even be within the first month or two or even the signal of wanting to give it up) as great opportunities to engage in sex. Men are fools because they often end up making the same mistake of marrying the woman who is a great lover but not a great mother.

Your best physical lover may not be your best emotional lover and may not be your most intimate lover...intimacy involves responsibility and devotion...not just the heat of the breathless moments' throw away lines.

When it comes to illegitimacy (that's out-of-wedlock), it is either women who have made bad choices (unless its forced, then the woman ultimately made the choice to have sex) or women who have given up on men (another bad choice).

...and those lessons above will never be taught by the mother of illegitimate children because she doesn't know the lessons either. And, so the cycle of cultural poverty will continue. Boys of single mothers are the most manipulative bastards in the world and they have witnessed first hand how men have manipulated their mother for sex. They also know how to play on mommy's heart-strings...no matter what he does, he's always mommy's boy. A father is less likely to play into that crap because they know what the boy's up to. Father's of daughters without a strong supportive (supportive of the father) mother in their lives are equally stupid, easily manipulated by daddy's girl.

Why must a single mother live in poverty? There are very successful single mothers that I know and they dont even rely on the government, which included my mother at one point. She raised three boys and a girl by herself. Of course it gets tough, but she always took care of us and did her job as a mother. Then she got a husband, had one more, and now has a family. Why is there no hope for single mothers? Why do we act like success is non-existant when it comes to single parenting? Things get hard for everyone, and people still succeed once their mind is put to it, so where is the hope?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast