+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips and advice on how to forget someone

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by akoto86 View Post
    It's good that you are helping. Nice one bravo!!!
    Akoto, please remove that offensive language from your signature before I ban you.

Thank you very much. I am afraid that my husband soes not love me anymore, but he only tells me when he is drunk and angry. I am really hurting and that helped alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Well, from my perspective, being 40, having been divorced once and having had a LOT of relationships, I can tell you; they're not all the same. Only a rare few are special. You're a fool if you think women are interchangeable.
    But if a girl rejects you then she is probably interchangeable. I had many rejections before, this is why I think that some women but by no means all are replaceable. Good and lasting relationships which ended are probably not interchangable, in that you are right, but women who reject you even before they get to know you are perfectly interchangable.
    Last edited by uri; 11-07-09 at 07:18 AM.

It may sound shocking at first but I honestly believe that everything we do is in someway indirectly related to our individual survival (and the survival of our offspring shall we have any) and reproduction. Anyone who studied a bit evolutionary biology knows this simple fact.

This is why I tend to trust David DeAngelo who takes the biological approach toward women and dating

And in case you have wondered why good-looking girls reject nice men, please visit this links:
    Last edited by uri; 14-07-09 at 07:13 AM.

Why would you want to forget someone. They helped shape who you are. Learn from it.

You can never really forget someone!
    Time will heal bs is a myth.

But you can try to at least just remember all the good times you had.
    You do move on as they say, but I don't believe you ever forget.
    Just love the one your with!

The right attitude should be: Everything that happened if for the best.

Even the list seems exhausted but forgetting someone you love is very very difficult.But never the less a great post.

Hehe,
    This kind of helps me.
    Although 5 mins I laugh, 5 mins I smile and 5 mins I look at others and wanna get laid.
    I went out this night, and 30 mins after I decided to go home, after I bugged all the people how stupid I am for letting him threat me that way.
    But, back to the thing, a good post. I think especially writing helps, It makes you feel valuable. To me , talking with a special friend I have helps me a lot. She is into big chaos now, but I just write a big facebook message with title"You dont have to read it,just knowing I wrote it kind of helps me"
    I think that people should be supportive in those times, times heal everything, but advices like "kill him", "burn his top", "tell him to **** off" aint so good. Thats my opinion.

Thanks for all the tips URI...it's not gonna be easy, though; I love my SQUIRREL!

genius, i've put this up as my wallpaper, much love

Uri, im definitely with you on the biological evolutionary approach, i do belive that many people reject these theories because they make humans look more like animals and nothing really divine and special, but in reality...we are animals...a specie that is called humans, and one of our survival traits happend to be a more developed brain than in other species, but we still have all the basic needs as other aninals do.

very good post..will fwd this link to ma freinds

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    Come down pal. Why punch me in the nose? I didn't write anything bad to you.

I just feel that that "special someone" concept is a myth that should be debunked. There are probably 1 billion women in my age range in the entire world, all wonderful and available so it's really foolish to think that there is an "one and only" special someone for me.

The fact is there are so many possible girlfriends/boyfriends out there for everyone.
    I second to that!

There are a lot of fishes out there... mingling and dating ( not necessariuly getting laid) will make us forget and help us meet a lot of people. there is always somebody who will appreciate us and love us for what we are --

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    3. Love is a peculiar thing. There is an almost ludicrous asymmetry between two people. The person at the top of your best friend list may rank you only at the middle of his or her list. However, if you truly, truly loved someone, then you'd be able to realise that it's OK if they don't love you back. True love gives and expects nothing in return; a true unrequited love. So, I've moved on from my perfect potential companion. He gave me the strength to realise that I can move on. He gave me the courage to try something different. He gave me the wisdom and sense for me to also respect myself. So, if you truly loved them, it doesn't matter if they feel the same way, your love conquers all.

10. The older I get, the more I believe that some people are full of the capacity to love - like me - and others are incapable of it in the romantic sense, for whatever reason. Fear of committment. A distorted view of freedom. The desire to stay young forever. A deep unwillingness to give themselves over to another (aka, selfish). It is an absolute rock and a hard place. Loving someone who doesn't love you back is the most impossible situation imaginable, especially when the love is so strong you are a slave to it.

13. There is one more thing I can recommend. There are times when you feel very weak and feel you need to talk to that other person even though they may have just hurt you again, you don't know why you want to talk to them, you just do. I've been able to get by these weak moments by writing down exactly what I'm feeling at the time, it comes out in a jumble of feelings and thoughts, some not so pleasant, but in the end it actually helps and I don't feel to call the person anymore. For everyone out there, keep strong and keep your head up, there are better days ahead.
    Best thing I've read all night. Number three really resonates with me, love does conquer all. It is because of this man, who was less than perfect and whom I broke up with, that i know I will love again.
    My ex-husban cheated on me, I do believe I'm a better person for it, yet getting close to someone was very hard. It was sexem and leave them, until I met him. Because of him I am no longer
    in that place, because of him I know I will love again. He taught me self-respect, he taught me what unconditional love is. I am better for having known him.

And thank you for number 13, I was ready to copy and paste number 3 and email it to HIM just to thank him. Even if I know its just a ploy to reach out to him. I need to move on because
    as loving as he may be its not real, he is numer 10, he doenst know how to truly love and give of himself.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast