+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips and advice on how to forget someone

Here's something that's helped tremendously for me. I started running again after my ex broke up with me. I run two miles at a time which takes me about 16-17 minutes which is 16-17 that I don't think about my ex at all. I've done this probably twenty times now since she broke up with me so the way I figure it I've run at least 40 miles away from her. It hasn't been far enough just yet but it has helped and I'll lace up again tomorrow so I can put another couple of miles between my heart and her.

Edit - Here I am almost a month later and I've run 64 miles since she broke up with me. I find myself thinking of her for an hour or more at a time and I run on those days to clear my head again.
    Last edited by OmnicronPercei8; 11-08-11 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Many more miles past her in my heart

I have a coin bank on my shelve. I never use it, but just put it there because it looks cute. Today I decided to write down all the reasons why I don't like the guy I'm trying to get over with on seperate notes and put them all in there. Next time I want to contact him I will open up my coin bank and read those notes, to remind myself why he's not good enough for me. It's better to be alone than waste your time with someone you can find so many reasons not to date, right?

thank you very much, I like this post

need some of those advice... :-)

There are times that you have to accept it but if you truly love him and thinks that you should be together, then can have your ex back. It is possible without making a fool out of yourself. If you have the right tools and knowledge it is all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by deadbecauseofu View Post
    Broke up just yesterday. your thread was very usefull. But how do i come over it? Loved him for 3 years and now he says parents are more important. What do i do. I just cant forget anything. The words he spoke to me, the places we went together...Anything.. Is there any way to divert my mind.. Please reply.. m suffering here........
    This thread is very useful and i like it.
    You get yourself to some lovely places with your friends and enjoy.
    be far from Places where you had met him...
    Its your life you have to enjoy,Dont worry abt them who doesnt care for you.
    Mine love is 6 months but its not short period...
    I am forgetting her and also plan to go Hill places in coming weekend to make my mind divert...
    Its upto you...If you can,You can...

you can also follow what NANANO suggests...
    Currently on my way to Cloud Number 9.....

Who currently resides in San Jose California
    you cannot forget someone... the only thing you can do is to get over someone.

my favorite way to get over someone is to fight as in Sports (boxing kickboxing mma)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This is me training
    WINS:10 LOSS:14 DRAW:2

Learn meditation, it's a lifelong process and will help you control your worst enemy.. your mind.

Typically in the beginning of 'Heartbreak', Generally we look to seek not advice, But reassurance that everything will be okay, We ask our selfs 'How Am I Going To Make It Through This', Or 'How Am I Ever Going To Move On' 'Will I Ever Get Over My Ex' 'Am I Going To Be Okay' Etc Etc.....

You're probably feeling like an explosion has gone off in your life, As if you've lost everything, That one person you loved has gone. Your chest hurts on every breath, Your mind is just so full of Pain, Grief, Hurt, Anger, Distress, Sadness, Almost as if someone has set a bomb off in the middle of your chest, You're stuck in a hole to far down to climb out. In fact the worst part of heartbreak is the fact that you just don't think you will pull through and feel good about yourself and about life again, This is what i felt, And what a few others have felt like when talking to them and reassuring them, It terrified me so much to think that this pain, This hurt was never going to go away, Wondering wether if every single day that passed Was i going to obsess about my ex. The pain was so deep, So real, And so excoriating.

Its time to Change your focus, You have to, This is so essential to 'Move On', You have to use your 'Force Of Will', The power of your own mind and thoughts. You simply can not continue to sit there and think about those Amazing, Lovely times with your Ex, This was my biggest mistakes, And this is the biggest mistakes when going through heartbreak. You continue to throw these amazing positive pictures of you and your ex, Those moments in time where you are cuddling up so close, Where you looked into each others eyes and told each other how much you loved each other, Those times where you walked hand in hand for hours talking endlessly to each other, Where you made so many amazing memories ! These are the things which will truly hurt you !

You are going to have to throw these out, These are nothing more then memories now, Memories which will just continue to hurt you every time you think into them. Its time to make a huge conscious and mental effort to say No, And everytime you take a stroll down the path to these memories, Bring out one of the memories of your pain together, The relationship wasn't as 'Great' as you must have thought, There is a solid reason as to why you broke up, It wasn't entirely accidental, It happened for a reason. Focus on the pain, The pain will make you feel better ! (I know it sounds silly, But it does).

Positive mental attitude, Positive mental outlook is key, You do not deserve to be suffering.

YOU WILL RECOVER.

Remember, Life is a never ending learning curve, To find your true soulmate, And the love of your life, You will have to learn to cope and deal with heartbreak, Its a simple by product of any relationship that will end, Unfortunately there is no such 'Quick Cure', However its all about how you approach and challenge this heartbreak ! Wallow in your own grief and you will simply slide off track, Into the spiral of never ending thoughts, You have to open your mind up to the concept of moving on, Because no matter how you are feeling now, You will move on and love again.

Take it easy Everyone, If i can do it, So can you.
    My thoughts are with everyone here through there difficult times, You are going to be okay.
    Best wishes to you all !
    Last edited by McRich01; 19-08-11 at 11:24 AM.

thank you soooooooo very much for this..............................

u are so right and that is a great idea...............I have been with this guy almost two years, I love him, he used to love me but I can feel the difference,( we are not married, ) or if its a game he is playing to see if I care its a dangerous one , its going to backfire on him....I do not like the way he is treating me ....I want to break it off, but the words wont come out, I enjoy the sex with him , but thats not enough...........so lets help each other pls.....

i think the adviced number 1 is the most efective one being with family and friends helps you a lot , when it comes to trying not to think of someone, even though that everybody knows that doing this, i mean trying to forget about soemone who doesnt really care much about you its really hard. but as it was posted life goes on.

i forgot to mention this is a really good thread it was very usefull.

Here is my problem

I still love my ex. We broke up before more than 3 years I think. And this killing me. I can't look at another boy I can't think to another boy It's just so ****ed up. I don't know what to do. I dream about him I think about him every night before I fall asleep and this killing me I've tried to be with another guy but the things just dont work out.. I am mess I dont know what do to. I've tired everything. I was talk with him. I was ignore him. I've stop go out with him, to talk for him. But whatever i do just don't work out he is still in my mind and heart.

I can't escape from him

How to get over someone whom I'm going to see everyday? And I will have to work with him in this same group so I will have to talk to him and spend time with him.

No contact helped me last time. But it is impossible now.

Any tips?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast