+ Follow This Topic
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips and advice on how to forget someone

People part for reasons beyond human comprehension but the reality remains if you are meant to love each other and be with each other, it will happen. That's the power of destiny. Love always wins. Love is important and only it counts.

Helpful tips there! Thank you

Really good tips.I hope they'll help someone.As for me i think i prefer the bullet.

I found taking a vacation to a country you haven't been to works (if you like to travel)

Thanks, Uri. These are really useful for me

My ex was a special person but I know I will find someone in the future who will be special in their own way. It is time to stop feeling bad. I deserve to be happy whether I am in a relationship or single.

I truly agree with you fearoflova, I recently read an article on complete acceptance of your situation. If you want you can have a look at it. the website is something like 'upsohigh' its com or net I dont remember now..if needed check it out for yourself.

The message is well delivered in the article in the form of a beautiful short story. It says stop knocking at closed doors and look for one not explored yet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlylove View Post
    I truly agree with you fearoflova, I recently read an article on complete acceptance of your situation. If you want you can have a look at it. the website is something like 'upsohigh' its com or net I dont remember now..if needed check it out for yourself.

The message is well delivered in the article in the form of a beautiful short story. It says stop knocking at closed doors and look for one not explored yet :-)
    Thank-you! It was indeed a very beautifully written story. : )

Thank you SO much for this, this was very helpful. A lot of things touched me and fit perfectly into my situation, like incapability to love and commit to another person, no matter how badly they want to. It is almost sad to see my ex so conflicted in his emotions, wanting the "perfect" relationship, but just not finding his whole heart and soul in it as he seeks adventure and "change of scene" during his youthful years. Thank you for sharing!

I don't know how you can just get over someone just like that! If someone really meant something to you and was a part of your life for so long it's not easy just to forget and move on. Through all the relationships I've had the ones that meant anything at all still stay fresh on my mind even after 15 years. You can't wipe your memories away just cover them with new ones and when your sad the old ones will always creep back on you.

Quote Originally Posted by medevilgirl View Post
    People part for reasons beyond human comprehension but the reality remains if you are meant to love each other and be with each other, it will happen. That's the power of destiny. Love always wins. Love is important and only it counts.
    You are so right if your meant for each other there will never be anything that can get in the way .

I found some useful information that ahs helped me get through some rough break-ups. I wish that no one would ever have to go through break-ups, but that's not realistic. For those of you going through a rough time, I hope this helps....

Spending time on yourself

Go for a spa treatment, a bike ride, do something you love, treat yourself. Spending time on yourself is not only a good distraction but will make you feel better. Doing things and getting physical activity is scientifically proven to release endorphins to the brain and change your mood. Mostly, it’ll substitute the normal time frame of “daily kicking yourself”.

Understanding the waves

It’s normal to fall again when you see him. It’s normal to have memories that make you feel again. They come and settle like the waves. It doesn’t mean that you’re not making progress, or that you’ll never get over him. It is part of the way we deal with the healing process. We heal and realize we’re over the hurt, and then the pain comes back again for a time to test us. We heal from that wave only to come out stronger and more confident, this is part of the process. Just remember that waves come and go, but the tide does go down.

Looking at others

Chances are if you look around you’ll see other people you find attractive. How you get over a boy is by shifting your focus onto others. Looking at other guys is a great way of taking your focus off of, what’s his name again… He didn’t have abs like that guy.

Hope that helped you, best of wishes.
    Last edited by amy37; 10-04-13 at 07:57 AM. Reason: This is what should be posted

I recently got my heart broken, I heard about this new show that helps you get back with your ex and answer questions (exandwhycasting.com)
    I am thinking about applying, what do you think?

Hey guys great advice
    I was broken when I split after a 6 year relationship nearly 2 years on being single Ive got my life back goals and amazing group of friends. I am in the position that I always wanted to be. The biggets challenge being single is nurturing your existing and new friends and building a great social network up to find YOU!

My top tips

Join a 'meetup.com' group this is an international network of people who come together over shared interested - it can be anything what it does is gets you back out meeting new people, confidence, and gets your diary busy so you don't think about your ex!!

Get a diary - make it your goal to fill every weekend - I was sick of all my 30s something friends being 'happy' and never going out cause they are in relationships and I wasn't - now I make them jealous as im living life!!

Online dating - be safe be careful be wise - yes you will make a few mistakes - but it will mean you will learn more about yourself, people, and what you want

good luck
    Break ups aren't always meant for make ups. Sometimes relationships end in order for you to wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palilas View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new at here and don't know much about love but i could say only that forgetting someone is very difficult and its becomes more difficult when you know that the person loves you too. But certain circumstances arise where you have to forget someone. It would be good if you keep yourself away for the person whom you love.
    Thanks
    Under what circumstances would you give up on loving somebody?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast