+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Tips and advice on how to forget someone

OMFG people! This thread started in 2009! Old thread!! This must be an all time record.

Honestly, I've only fallen in love once. He was my first everything. We were both 18 when we got together, I was a virgin. I fell so much in love that I became obsessed and turned into a clingy, sorry excuse for a woman. I dumped him because I thought he was cheating on me, which he wasn't. Then when I found out he wasn't, he didn't want me back. Anyway, I will never forget him because he was my first and it took me about a year to stop crying about loosing him. Eventually, you just move on. Your mind gets occupied with other things, other people and you slowly but surely move that person to a part of your brain that carries fond memories. I learned a lot from that relationship. I learned to not be a dependent emotional wreck because it is so not attractive, lol. Also, not having many mutual friends helped a lot because I wasn't exposed to the things (or girls) he was doing. He pretty much disappeared from my life after we broke up. I consider myself lucky...

However, that did not stop me from drunk messaging him on facebook. It's something I'm not proud of... lol

I have a tip to get over someone: destroy any hopes of love and prepare to be single for the rest of your life. No hopes, no heartbreak. You wouldn't have to go through the pain of getting over someone ever again.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Again people this thread is 4 years old!!!

Ya, but its a sticky thread.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

good advice

Remove him from all sites where you have account made, delete and BLOCK him. Why blocking? So you can't see what he is writing and you can not stalk him. Toss or give, or just put in box and remove in other room all his stuff.

I just want to share a story of a very good friend of mine, her name is Jessica and for the first time she decided to start an online relationship with a man from somewhere in Europe. They have the same point of views in terms and beliefs of family values and that she was really ecstatic to have met a man who have that devotion. They talked every single day over the phone, Skype, IM and you name they have all the type of communication. After a few months of constant communication Jonathan decided to visit her and spend the holiday season at her country so that he can be able to meet her parents as well in where he did. And they both have decided it was love, they enjoyed each other company and decided that they should plan their wedding... though Jonathan have one concern and told her that she snores, maybe due to busy work schedule and after which attending to him takes it toll but I did not believe that would have been a major issue since we go on vacation we sleep on the same room and that because there are also remedies to snoring. After the holiday he went back to his country and they have continue their long distance relationship until they have decided to go to another vacation but this time it will just have to be the two of them. Jonathan is a very workaholic person that at times Jessie felt that she was taken for granted but she tried to understand the situation because she have committed herself to John, a very lucky man. She always told me of how they are, their routine and I have realized that she should have really loved this man to make all the adjustment for him and he does not have any idea how many man envied him for that. So after that vacation they have, again the same concern was raise since at one point during their sleep Jessie again snore and she did woke up John but she tried to console him and even told him that she would just leave the room, after that vacation she thought everything is okay and that she even asked me to accompany her to Sleep clinic since she was really devastated to have wake up John because she snores, there were a number of appointments she did set-up. Bought over the counter products to check what works to stop the snoring, and I told her that she is really dedicated to make all the changes to make the relationship work and to satisfy John. But after a week she called me up, she said she felt something is wrong and that John did change. She knew that he love his sleep and she already felt devastated of waking him up for that one instant. She tried to stay normal and even talked to him since they promised to each other that they will be honest, but all she heard from him is that he cannot cope up with the snoring in where she immediately told him that she is doing everything just to resolve the said problem yet as if he does not even consider how she is trying her best to change for him, for them... so that they will both be happy. As if he does not even care and blocked her on his phone, pretend that his apps are not working and totally lost contact with her for a couple of days, and when he did contact her, he just state that they will talk via email and that he cannot cope up with the relationship... i was shocked by it because she did tried her best and that was the first time I saw her cried herself to sleep blaming herself for everything. She was a very sweet girl and it hurts me alot to see her that way. She deserves to be loved unconditionally, people that knows her just love her because she is the most kind-hearted, direct and thoughtful person I have ever met. And it also breaks my heart to see her that way, that this good-for-nothing-guy will cause her too much pain and the sad part is that she isn't even angry with him at all and that she said that he wish him all the luck... and i just wonder, what some person want from a relationship, you promised the other that you would never leave them and love them but for a nonsense concern you just eventually left and does not have the decency to talk to her over the phone and just email her. And she was trying to resolve the concern yet he would not even support her. She kept on telling us, her close friends, that she is fine, that she have to deal with cancelling the wedding and to tell her parents and close family members that the wedding is off, it was too much for her to be left all alone. To feel humiliated and just stand tall and act strong to answer family's question of the WHY'S but you can see in her eyes how sad she really is. I just hope that she will recover soon, she deserved to be loved unconditionally... we feel sorry for her and we all pray that the right man will come along. It's not okay to play with people's feelings especially if that person have given you all the love she can. Jessie we love you and please do not lose hope. Please suggest us what is the best thing to do so she can be able to move on to this nightmare??? thank you.

Recent breakup with girlfriend, trying to get out of it

I have been through a rough breakup recently and this community has really helped me in coping with the challenges that came along. I have been seeking help from friends and family as well and over the course realized that there are many who do not get to share their feelings with others or are not open to share it with anyone.

As a nice gesture to you guys and help others who go through the same phase, am trying to understand if something like an app or a website would be helpful in the recovery phase for everyone else.

Please let me know in the comments below.

You must face the problem head on. You got your heart broken? Admit it. Don't avoid music you both liked or the places you used to go, why? years from now you will visit those and you don't want to get senti all of a sudden. Make new memories in those places. Also, admit that it just didn't work out. Don't try to be friends right away but stop blaming the other person. Lastly, assure yourself that that didn't work out because better things are coming for you. Hope this helps to anyone who needs it. Goodluck!
    What's sabotaging your chances at love? --> https://dyenag.leadpages.net/kick-ass

I try this step.Thanks for sharing

This is really very nice post, I like all tips and ideas to forget some one. but i think we should accept the truth and move ahead in life

Nice post, like it a lot.

thnx for the post

Good one, like it alot. Filling your life with new personalities is a great way to erase the person you want to forget. Find positive, inspiring people to spend time around. Whether your aim is to make new friends or find someone special to have a romantic relationship with, meeting new people is an exciting way to get reengaged with the world. Before you know it, your mind will be full of plans and possibilities, and the person you want to forget will finally recede from your mind.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast