+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Tips and advice on how to forget someone

Useful point to forget someone, but it is difficult to forget someone we loves (heart)

How would you forget someone you love? Would you continue to dwell in the past memories and ruin your health through thinking or crying for the rest of your days? If you want to stop loving someone, you will and the process is completely easy to follow.

We have many types of relationships but in all these, love relationship is common and involves different kind of people. Since it involves different mentality of people, for this reason, it may be complicated and most often end in break ups. The worst part of it is that when these break ups happen, at least one heart if not all is bound to get hurt.
    Why some people fail to forget their loved ones?
    Some people find it difficult to forget their loved ones after breakups. Although it is but normal to feel weird after breakup, still, what is not normal is when this feeling stays more than. In most cases this happens when the person was more than 75% depended on his partner for everything.
    Another step why they failed to forget is when they are left with little or 1% hope that the person will come. This really hinders recovering process because recovery can only take place when there is totally no hope of having the person back or the relationship.
    How to forget someone you love

The following methods are backed by deep psychology and proven to be true. They have helped different people around the world and will not be an exception to you.

1 Avoid all aspects of the person: In my book How to make someone fall in love with you i explained that if you manage to make yourself available even just by 45% in your victim's activities, he/she will perceive you as a rightful match for his love criteria but here is the reverse of it. That is, in order to forget and stop loving him, you have to avoid any places where you can meet him. Another step is to take every belonging to the person and hand them over since the relationship is over. If you can't, look for anywhere not convenient to your sight and dump them there. Based on psychology, each time you see these items, they bring back the person's images to your mind thereby making the process much harder to forget him.

2 Avoid romantic videos and music: When trying to forget someone you love, you also try to avoid any form of romantic movies and music till after some time. This is so because when such are played, the sounds and images brought from it reflect the person and bring back his memories to your mind. It doesn't matter if it's your choice of music/movie because you are not in the mode as you used to when enjoying it.

3 Get to meet new faces: At times you just feel you are into a bad mood but there have always been a solution to this. Call some good friends and go somewhere nice where you people can have a good time. If possible, dance, drink, and meet new faces. You may come to realize that this person was not the only one who can love and make you happy (See Why do we fall in love?).

4 Express it out and avoid getting hurt: In many situations, friends have always been some kind of strength in this situation. Your true friends are good to be involved because they know you better and if not the relationship. They will be some kind of entertainment and distraction. They will certainly make you laugh and bring out your importance. However, avoid topics about this person. If a topic arises that will soon redirect to this person you are trying to forget, have the courage to also redirect the topic to something else.

5 What do you focus your mind on?: You will continue to think about him if you let your mind to be idle. You have to get along with your daily activities and keep yourself busy anyway that you can. Try participating in public activities or find something you enjoy doing and concentrate on it, something to keep your mind busy and focus. If your mind is focused and concentrated on other things, it will definitely not have time for this person thereby making you forget about him.

Thanks for sharing useful information.

Step 1: Dedicate one last night to your feelings. If you're really sad, cry your heart out, drench your pillow, for tomorrow you'd be a free man.

Step 2: You're a bit free of stress now, acknowledge that. Thank yourself for that.You're awesome. Spend some time doing something you love and do that with all your heart. Do something new, something you always wanted to do. Maybe some new idea you had? Work on it. The time is now.

Step 3: Stop keeping in touch with her. No phone calls, no re-reading your old messages. If you guys were really good friends, you will be friends again. But give time a chance to make things anew before that. When you meet again after that, things will not be the same.

1. Get your mind off of him/her. The most important thing is not to be alone. Surround yourself with family and friends, the people who love you unconditionally and spend more quality time with them.

2. Ask yourself what might be in his head or his heart; it takes two people to be in a relationship and even though you feel the way that you do, maybe it was meant to be this way. Save your love for someone who feels the same way about you!

3. Love is a peculiar thing. There is an almost ludicrous asymmetry between two people. The person at the top of your best friend list may rank you only at the middle of his or her list. However, if you truly, truly loved someone, then you'd be able to realize that it's OK if they don't love you back. True love gives and expects nothing in return; a true unrequited love. So, I've moved on from my perfect potential companion. He gave me the strength to realise that I can move on. He gave me the courage to try something different. He gave me the wisdom and sense for me to also respect myself. So, if you truly loved them, it doesn't matter if they feel the same way, your love conquers all.

4. For all those wondering what went wrong just stop wondering say it really aloud "SHE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU". Only when one stops chasing and pursing someone who doesn't love you, will you open the door to that perfect person who will love you back with the same intensity that you will love him.

5. It's not about getting over a person, it's about feeling good about yourself. It's about knowing that you are the most important and you need to be happy. If this other person doesn't feel the same way, it doesn't really matter.

Cate gently describes the ways to forget a romantic love or true love. After you watch this video, you will have more ideas on what to do for yourself when faced with this life dilemma, where you are better off forgetting about someone you have loved.
    I'm now going to talk to you about to forget someone. Now, clearly this is not an easy thing to do. Especially if it's a recent break up or even if it's not a recent break up.

Perhaps they were very important. Perhaps they were the love of your life. Perhaps, they were the reason you feel you've been or done or experienced whatever it is that was important to you.

Okay, not easy, how are you going to do it? Okay, well I'm going to tell you. You need to welcome yourself back to the sea of me, the sea of you, you need to re-engage with you. Take a journey to who you are and you will find it's pretty amazing and pretty magical, if you take it seriously, right now.

What you need to do is get books, friends, courses, coaches, whatever it is that you need to find your way back to you to find out who you are again. As you go through this process of having to forget someone, you also have to go through the process of honoring yourself of holding yourself well, of having boundaries for yourself, of nurturing and loving yourself, of taking that journey. When you are put in this kind of position where you have to forget someone, you have no option but to feel the pain, the rawness, of your heart of your loss and that pain and that rawness means that you've gone on a journey to come inside and, of course, as you probably realize, we either go in or we go without, and how much better to wake up now to the inner journey than to wake up way too late and realize that the outside things didn't nurture you at all.

It was the inside that you really wanted and longed for all along. So, give yourself a chance, come in, love yourself and allow yourself to become anew, releasing and letting go of this person. Write a letter that you don't send, saying what you are grateful to them for, what you are angry with them for and goodbye.

Cate gently describes the ways to forget a romantic love or true love. After you watch this video, you will have more ideas on what to do for yourself when faced with this life dilemma, where you are better off forgetting about someone you have loved.

Thanks for sharing this!

Lots of good advice. I think what you should do is not to forget someone but remember instead all the good things and bad things that you experienced. This will be a part of you as you learn more about yourself, what you want and what you are looking for in the future. These memories will be the best guide for you as you determine what you want in a future relationship. Try to think about the things you loved and look for that in someone else, remember the things you didnt like so much and make sure the next person you are with doesnt have those qualities. You should not try to forget past relationships because only by remembering can you achieve the goal of being with someone you will really enjoy and prevent yourself from repeating the mistake of being someone else who might not also be a good fit for you. Does that make sense?

Thank you for this

http://tinyurl.com/relationships-tricks-technique
    http://tinyurl.com/dating-howitworks
    http://tinyurl.com/relationshipslike-rightnow

This is what I need to do right now. Thank you

I tried so hard to try and forget my current partner. Yeh, I'm still with him. After a series of mini breakups that lasted a week at the longest, and no contact that lasted 3 days max, I decided that maybe I didn't want to forget him after all. What I needed however was for him to change his attitude and understand what makes me happy and how to ensure our relationship was actually a success story. I have bought him a book for Valentines's day, it's called " How to make a woman happy" and it's by Denis Hickey, I bought it off Amazon, and I'm hoping it does the trick!

Thanks
    Its Really Helpful

I can help you that he or she loves you infinitely and never leaves you because I am a marabout and a high priest of fâ specializing in occult practices Voodoo to help you solve your problems I have great experience in this field and can help you bewitched her heart so she could never stopped loving you. please contact me so I can show you the way forward and that this love story is never off.

Quote Originally Posted by uri View Post
    There are many programs, David DeAngelo's is one of them, who teach you how to start with women, what to say on the first time and how to make yourself more attractive to girls.

What they don't teach is how to get over someone who is not attracted to you or that doesn't love you back. I realized that all the teachings on how to start and be more attractive to women won't work when you're still obsessing over someone who doesn't love you back.

Having a crush or being infatuated with someone who doesn't feel the same for you happens to almost everyone even to the most handsome and famous guys and in most cases it can be a painful and agonizing experience.

So here I collected a list of tips on how to get over someone you love who doesn't love you back. These advice really helped me a lot. The advice is equally true both for men and women:

1. Get your mind off of him/her. The most important thing is not to be alone. Surround yourself with family and friends, the people who love you unconditionally and spend more quality time with them.

2. Ask yourself what might be in his head or his heart; it takes two people to be in a relationship and even though you feel the way that you do, maybe it was meant to be this way. Save your love for someone who feels the same way about you!

3. Love is a peculiar thing. There is an almost ludicrous asymmetry between two people. The person at the top of your best friend list may rank you only at the middle of his or her list. However, if you truly, truly loved someone, then you'd be able to realise that it's OK if they don't love you back. True love gives and expects nothing in return; a true unrequited love. So, I've moved on from my perfect potential companion. He gave me the strength to realise that I can move on. He gave me the courage to try something different. He gave me the wisdom and sense for me to also respect myself. So, if you truly loved them, it doesn't matter if they feel the same way, your love conquers all.

4. For all those wondering what went wrong just stop wondering say it really aloud "SHE IS JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU". Only when one stops chasing and pursing someone who doesn't love you, will you open the door to that perfect person who will love you back with the same intensity that you will love him.

5. It's not about getting over a person, it's about feeling good about yourself. It's about knowing that you are the most important and you need to be happy. If this other person doesn't feel the same way, it doesn't really matter.

6. This situation is always an unfortunate one. It is ideal for 2 people to love each other the same, and at the same pace, but life is never ideal. To get this kind of relationship to work, you need patience! you have to weigh either waiting for her or moving on as options. If your feelings are real, and you choose to hang in there, you must not scare her away with your feelings! If things are meant to work out, you should be great friends before lovers anyway. While you let both your feelings reach equilibrium, you'll find it becomes easier sometimes just to ignore your strong feelings for her and just kick-back and chill with her. It's not always important to impress her, or do nice things for her in a loving way. It may give you hope to know that she can see you in the same light, just not so quickly.

7. Try to find and see the flaws in your love object. When you're infatuated with someone you see them as a completely perfect, flawless person capable of doing no wrong. Remind yourself that your image of them is quite irrational. The madness of infatuation creates many unrealities. You perceive your love object as vastly more wonderful than is real. Learn to see that your love object has faults, flaws, and the normal number of human quirks. Remind yourself that your image of this person is unrealistic. Remind yourself also that no one can live up to your imagination. The more you remember this the sooner your will get your feelings much more in proportion.

8. Love is a peculiar thing. There is an almost ludicrous asymmetry between two people. The person at the top of your best friend list may rank you only at the middle of his or her list. However, if you truly, truly loved someone, then you'd be able to realise that it's OK if they don't love you back. True love gives and expects nothing in return; a true unrequited love. So, I've moved on from my perfect potential companion. He gave me the strength to realise that I can move on. He gave me the courage to try something different. He gave me the wisdom and sense for me to also respect myself. So, if you truly loved them, it doesn't matter if they feel the same way, your love conquers all.

9. If you belive in destiny then you have know that things happen when they are meant to be. People part for reasons beyond human comprehension but the reality remains if you are meant to love each other and be with each other, it will happen. That's the power of destiny. Love always wins. Love is important and only it counts.

10. The older I get, the more I believe that some people are full of the capacity to love - like me - and others are incapable of it in the romantic sense, for whatever reason. Fear of committment. A distorted view of freedom. The desire to stay young forever. A deep unwillingness to give themselves over to another (aka, selfish). It is an absolute rock and a hard place. Loving someone who doesn't love you back is the most impossible situation imaginable, especially when the love is so strong you are a slave to it.

11. Deal with reality. Stop hoping, dreaming, etc. Pray and tell God that you forgive them for not being able to love you. Ask God to take this from you - and He will. Then continue to deal with reality. Don't tell yourself, maybe someday... they'll change...

12. True love accepts the person for who they are, even when they are bad and they don't love you. It means accepting reality. When you love and accept reality at the same time, you are forced to move on. When you deal with reality and move on without love, you take bitterness with you. When you love without dealing with reality, you hurt yourself. Love the other person, Accept the reality and pray to God for the wisdom and strength you'll need to do that continuously until it ceases to become a problem.

13. There is one more thing I can recommend. There are times when you feel very weak and feel you need to talk to that other person even though they may have just hurt you again, you don't know why you want to talk to them, you just do. I've been able to get by these weak moments by writing down exactly what I'm feeling at the time, it comes out in a jumble of feelings and thoughts, some not so pleasant, but in the end it actually helps and I don't feel to call the person anymore. For everyone out there, keep strong and keep your head up, there are better days ahead.

14. Remember that life goes on. You had a life before them and you will have a happy life after them. It's up to you whether you want to keep dwelling on the past or just keep moving. Memories can haunt us but the best way to deal with them is to bury them where they belong, in the past. You've got to start looking to the future.
    only one thing you can forget someone easily plz don't remember someone

Quote Originally Posted by akoto86 View Post
    It's good that you are helping. Nice one bravo!!!
    Guys we have got some amazing amazing ecards, love, relationships, anniversaries.... and the list goes on ! why not send some cards out and make your loved ones feel better ??

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast