+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Ideas?

Any Ideas?

So get this...

My parents have been divorced for years and years, since i was around 5. I stayed with my mother. Me and my dad aren't very social. We usually only talk every now and again. And i visit him when i can (he lives like a 22hour drive from me).

So anyway, i'm at work the other day. And he calls me (no big deal) i figured it was just him calling to check in and see if i need anything. But get this. He starts talking crazy. Saying shit like "i'm sorry i haven't talk to you as much as i'd like" and "Sorry i wasn't always there". Just NOT acting like himself.

I mean, him and i JUST aren't very socialable to each other... so the lack of communication never bugged me... So near the end of this call he starts really pushing for me to come visit him some time.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on? I only ask because i'm a little worried.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why exactly is it you who has to visit him, and not he who has to visit you?

But yeah, just sounds like a realization of an absent father, reckon it happens pretty often.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, he is probably only just beginning to understand what he missed out on, and is remorseful. This isn't uncommon for men who don't stick around to raise their kids.

Is he a drinker? And how is his general health? Did he remarry or have another family?

go see him, he wants to see you
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

how old are you?

my father has gone through episodes where his friends have lost their children, and it makes him upset and he calls us and wants to be with us more.

he probably is realizing that life is finite and there isn't a second chance.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

His overall health is fine, i think one of his kidney's is starting to show it's age, but nothing serious i don't think. And as for me going to see him, it's just easier. My job is just that, a job. He has one of those careers that are very hush hush on what they do. So he's never been able to tell me what it is he does. So i imagine he just can't get the time to come here.

I don't think he's a drinker. if he is, it's a social thing. i asked my mother about it.

The thing that worries me though, he hasn't answered his phone since that day.

As for going to see him... Job wise it's easy enough. Money wise however is a problem. The last time i drove there, one way cost me about 300-400 dollars. I just don't have that kind of money.

I just don't know... it freaked me out i guess....
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

does he live in burque?

No... much more south...
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

los lunas?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I found that ping-pong, stratego, and skiing are good father-son bonding activities, as well as watching sports games

the south valley?

las cruces
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

that's a little more than "a little south" bobo. geez get me all confused and shit.

anyways, are you going?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like emotional housecleaning.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i haven't decided... Money is a little short these days... so i just don't know... that was my guess too Indi

IF i do Mism, i'll tell ya, so we can get drunk =)
    Last edited by The_bobb; 26-03-09 at 05:24 PM.
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast