+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just became "official" last night, and I have weird feelings

just became "official" last night, and I have weird feelings

I have gotten to spend time with my now called girlfriend and talked to her a plenty, and decided last night to see how she'd like to be the boyfriend girlfriend thing. She told me she would like it. I'm a freshmen in college and shes a junior in high school. She is a very smart girl... already in Calculus and the AP classes and what not, very pretty to me, and is nice and I feel great being able to be with her.
    I have had a bad history of the past as in hooking up with girls just for fun and what not and now I'm challenging myself to stay committed to one person. I already know I want to take things slow with her and I know this means I really like her.
    She's pretty much the exact kind of girl I've been wanting and have only had two somewhat serious girlfriends in the past.
    After waking up today I just had the feelings of being worried and just weird and unusual feelings of us. I'm not worried about not likeing her because I know i like her a lot! I just don't know why I'm feeling worried and confused and what not.
    Is it normal perhaps? and what advice can people give me to ensure everythin goes nicely with her?

u want us to guess why ur worried when u dont even know?
    it's very unlikely u r worried over nothing tho even if it's just a stupid reason.
    maybe u should relax because i think ur worrying over not taking taking the relationship seriously.... if u have to force ur relationship to work then it's not worth it - don't deny who u are, it'll never make u happy (i'm not saying u r forcing urself, just saying "stop worrying and enjoy")

What you're feeling is completely natural - this could be the first time you want to take a more progressive step in your life - maybe just think about firstly what this girl means to you and the reasons why you like her - not just for her looks and her physical appearence. Making something official just means it's stabilising your relationship and maybe something different to what you are used to - take things slow and don't take advantage - if you feel yourself letting things go - just be honest with her and don't lead her on - the worst thing is to break someones heart when they really don't deserve it - there are plenty of people out there to have fun with but breaking someones heart can have a lot of impact on what they do with other people later on in life. It's just you feeling nervous about taking such a step - take things slow and you'll be fine but mostly be honest with her and more imporantly be honest with yourself

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She's a junior in highschool?

I doubt this will last, I think you set yourself up for failure.

shes a mature junior easily. and i dont like her for the looks. her smartness and niceness is what intrigues me the most. and she happens to be pretty also

like some of ther others are saying. relaxe. everything will be fine. if it's met to be things will work out.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She still has over a year of highschool to complete, and to decide whether or not she'll go to college.

Good luck with that.

Hmmm.. It sounds like you're just having normal jitters about starting a new relationship and seeing where it goes. All you can really do is go with the flow and let things happens. Don't freak yourself out over it and scared yourself off from the relationship.

I also sort of agree with Frasbee-- she's in high school, you're in college. Mature or not, it's an entirely different situation. She'll be changing a lot in the next couple of years and the transitions from high school to college always change things. I'm also concerned that you've said you like to hook up with people and you're challenging yourself to stay committed to her-- might be difficult especially if you don't see her often.

Do you go to college far away from her or close? How's the communication?

she lives only 10 minutes away from me. and she lives in the town to where my grandparents and uncles live in. thanks for the tips and what not.