+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sex During Periods

Sex During Periods

Men are notorious for their aversion to anything concerning “woman troubles”, such as periods. We don’t want to be at the store when women buy tampons, and we don’t want our medicine cabinets stacked with panty liners. But many people - both men and women -
    don’t mind having sex while she is on her period. So what is the verdict? Is sex during a period gross or acceptable?

It is true that some women are more passionate during their periods. The surge of hormones that comes with menstruation can make her more inclined toward sex, and she might even be able to achieve orgasm much easier. Sex during periods is also healthy for a woman; because the orgasm releases some of the muscular tension in the vagina, and will also “clean out” all excess fluids that might build up during the use of a tampon or pad. This will relieve cramps significantly and make her feel better during her period.

The problem is that, no matter how you look at it, sex during periods is messy. Usually, having sex on an old towel or sheet will prevent anything else from becoming stained, but the thought might repulse one or both partners. Some women are truly uncomfortable with the idea of their partners becoming privy to one of the most feminine of experiences. Likewise, some men simply don’t want to know about it.

One of the most effective ways to have sex during periods while discouraging the less appealing aspects of the act is to have sex in the shower, where any blood or other fluids are washed instantly down the drain. This eliminates the need for a lengthy clean-up and can allow both men and women to forget about the period itself and focus on sex.

One of the main obstacles that couples face when it comes to this issue is that no one wants to bring it up. The woman will worry that her husband or boyfriend will be disgusted at the prospect of having sex during her period. The man, likewise, will be concerned that she will immediately reject the idea upon suggestion. Even though both man and woman are interested in having sex during her period, it will never take place because they are too afraid to mention it.

The truth is that menstruation is a fact of life, and there is no getting around it. Women experience their monthly visitor without fail, and a healthy sexual relationship should not be put on hold because of it. If both partners in a relationship want to have sex during periods, then
    nothing should stop them, least of all the stigmas of society.

The verdict? Sex during periods is completely acceptable, as long as both people are consenting to the idea. And if you simply can’t get past the “ick factor” of the experience, then wait until the period has passed before resuming normal sexual activity.
    Discuss, should you feel like it.

It's all good
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My girlfriend will get in the shower with me during her period, but she's not down with sex.

1. I don't think I'd care if my girl had tampons/pads in the bathroom. I only go in there to shit shave and shower. Hell, I'd buy tampons for her. I'm sure it would feel awkward at first, but I am not averted towards the stuff. Sex during a period is not disgusting (imo)... well maybe it is if you sleep around... but then again that's like using a public restroom with bodily fluids all over it. In your own home you feel comfortable enough to sit down.. you just have to wipe it off.

2. Yes there are certain hormones released at that time of the month... it doesn't always mean passionate sex though. Sometimes it just means your woman is extra emotional, which as we all know, sometimes, can be a bad thing. But anyway, I think it's legit to say sex is healthy during menstruation, if you can get to the vagina without getting scorched by her fire-breathing capacity.

3. Sex is always messy. You got her secretions leaking out, you're both sweating like no other, which if you didn't wipe your asshole good enough earlier, will mix with your poobs and create a landing strip on the bed. Then there is the condom which can be rather messy.. and if not, well then you get jizz everywhere. A little bit of blood just adds to all that. It's no dirtier... just get darker sheets or bump uglies in the bathroom where it's easier to clean up.

4. Just make sure you have a bathmat. I don't want to see a post on here by vashti talking about shower-sex-induced concussions.

5. I still can't believe there are couples who aren't that open.

6. Women on birth control don't see much of a period... well as far as I know... I am no woman, and therefore I don't know.

7. Also, if you want to avoid menstruation altogether, guys, you can always go **** grandma. Because, I mean, the whole idea behind sex is reproduction.

8. Verdict? What the ****? Whoever wrote that has an extremely small vocabulary. Verdict pertains to law and justice. Conclusion is a broader, more appropriate word. Anyway, there's no taboo about it. But we don't need to tell each other what to do. If a guy doesn't want bloody sex from hell that's his problem. There is a little Ron Jeremy in most of us though.

I think the shower is the perfect place....Hey turn off the lights...
    Frasbee pwned me in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by abetterus View Post
    I think the shower is the perfect place....Hey turn off the lights...
    If you turn off the lights.. it becomes a slip and slide... which may not be a good thing with a porcelain tub..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

*writes in the notebook*

first time for everything

Bed, floor and beach has been done aplenty, but have yet to try it in a shower, so its all good.

Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post
    ...3. Sex is always messy. You got her secretions leaking out, you're both sweating like no other, which if you didn't wipe your asshole good enough earlier, will mix with your poobs and create a landing strip on the bed. Then there is the condom which can be rather messy.. and if not, well then you get jizz everywhere. A little bit of blood just adds to all that. It's no dirtier... just get darker sheets or bump uglies in the bathroom where it's easier to clean up...
    F**king hilarious...

I've had sex during a girls period. Speaking for a male stand point it's really not THAT different. Unless the chick your with becomes a sexual monster when she's having it. Then it ROCKS! And i BELIEVE most women actually do become extra horny during this time.

And as for the emotional bit that dopple mentioned. That too could lead to better sex, women attach emotion to sex more then guys. So if she's extra emotional, stands to reason sex might also benefit.

So speaking for experience, it's fun. But i agree it IS a little odd to bring it up though. So i usually open the dialog on the subject with a question. Just play stupid and be like, "So, i got a question for you. I've always wondered. CAN girls have sex during their periods?" This generally leads to a some talking, then eventually opens the door for, "So, you wanna try it sometime?"
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm in favor.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I'm in favor.
    That's because you're durty.

Quote Originally Posted by okapa View Post
    Discuss, should you feel like it.
    Spare thoughts:

- it does irk me to do it when my wife has the period, but if she insists to have sex, i will do it

- on the other hand, i never had a problem with tampons around the house, or buying them for her at the shops. It has never happened that a shop assistant dared asked me anything about them like "are these yours?", but if it happens I will certainly reply "no baby, they're YOURS!" and grin evilly at her

- certainly put a towel on the bed (although in our case it's never got stained)

- consider to dim the lights if you don't want to even see such stains

- there are of course other sexy things to do during those couple of days... take advantage of it

- even consider a 2-3 days break from sex. It won't hurt you, and it should actually recharge your drive
    Don't listen to The Wise, listen to yourself.

I think the Conventional Wisdom is "I will wade in the red river but I won't drink from it!"

Carl.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There was a guy at work that asked us if we ever got our "redwings".

So tell me, has anyone here gotten their redwings?

My fiancee has never really been freaked out by this sort of things. he will go to the store and buy my sanitary items! lol! With no questions asked! We have had sex on my b*tch before. I call my period my b*tch. We've done in the shower a couple of times but we've done it other places too. We just make sure we clean up behind ourselves and change our linen when we are done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast