+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you change about yourself?

What would you change about yourself?

A recent discovery for me. I think that at least some of my problems can be explained by my initial (subconscious) mistrust of people in general. Something I need to work on I think. I think I need to challenge this notion in everyday situations.

---------------------------------------

Now you...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I would correct my vision problem, which as of now is not correctable. Other than that, I would make it so that my ears didn't produce so much ear wax. I keep trying to clean out my ears with my pinky finger and I end up burying my eardrum in the stuff every time. I would also take my foreskin back, and become uncircumcised... I would also eliminate my folliculitis completely.

Other than that, everything's pretty damn fine.

I'd eat and exercise in order to gain weight and bulk up a bit, being a poor international student and having to study/work at such a hectic pace pretty much ruins any time for such aspirations until Im done.

Personality-wise I'm pretty happy with myself.

Apart from obvious physical things (exercise and what not). I wouldn't mind being more optimistic. I always see the worst that any situation can throw at me.

Like winning the lottery, sure all the money would be great. BUT then i'd be in a higher tax bracket. So i'd be paying massive amounts out.

Also wouldn't mind having more class =)
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd like to have perfect vision.

I want to stop worrying about the things I cannot control. My plan to fix this (which is already in action), is to concentrate on improving those that I can.

I want to be truly happy, and I believe this has held me back.

I'm working on becoming more cheerful and complaining less. Also when something annoys me, like when someone cuts me off walking or something, rather than thinking "what the ****" and getting annoyed, I'm working on reminding myself that it wasn't intentional and forgetting about it rather than letting it fester.

This may sound stupid, but I REALLY wish I was less sensitive to certain sounds (like nail-biting, gum-popping, etc) - I've tried to just endure it but it literally grates on my ears and puts me in the most terrible mood.

What I would like to change about myself would be to remove the 'perpetual servitude' theme I have always playing in the back of my mind. Catering to this keeps me sad, desperate, and unsure of anything in regards to myself.

I feel like I'm not entitled to anything... not happiness, not bettering myself, not love --- nothing. And for most of my life, nothing, is exactly what I have to show for it all.

I am working to understand my own psychology... compare it to others that are similar.. and try to 'relearn' or 'unlearn'. However, I always have this sense of impending doom... as though something will come along to take away all my accomplishments. I know, it sounds silly to read it... but a real pain in the ass when your own mind believes it.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'd ditch my reliance on luxuries such as electricity and running water so I could find myself a cave and leave the world to run itself into the ground without me.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I'd be more driven, and not so fearful.
    Last edited by Spring Haze; 26-03-09 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeradalia View Post
    What I would like to change about myself would be to remove the 'perpetual servitude' theme I have always playing in the back of my mind. Catering to this keeps me sad, desperate, and unsure of anything in regards to myself.

I feel like I'm not entitled to anything... not happiness, not bettering myself, not love --- nothing. And for most of my life, nothing, is exactly what I have to show for it all.

I am working to understand my own psychology... compare it to others that are similar.. and try to 'relearn' or 'unlearn'. However, I always have this sense of impending doom... as though something will come along to take away all my accomplishments. I know, it sounds silly to read it... but a real pain in the ass when your own mind believes it.
    God i know exactly what you mean. I've been struggling with this exact same thing all my life. And i'm no closer to understanding it or fixing it than i was years and years ago.
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    what any right man would want to have before a bigger dick... to be hugh hefner.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

nothing fam.... i'm like a true beast mo.

If I could just stop myself from saying things I always regret saying and winding people up. I’m working on it. I’ve bit my tongue quite a lot lately and I’ve seen good results. It’s still a general problem for me tho.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

nada. yo perfecta.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast