+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Imagine that this wasn't completely satirical

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Imagine that this wasn't completely satirical

and this would be the serious view of foreigners on Americans

Most Canadians and Europeans will probably think this video is authentic news footage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExkUOOXkGtg"]YouTube - Hollow Point Bullets Recalled That Fail To Explode Targets[/ame]

That just made my day... haven't laughed like that in a long time...

Thanks..
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

That was great! The part where the 3D dude is burning on the inside... his movement was priceless...
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

Canadian here, and I know the onion well. Then again I surf digg like a mother looking for her lost child on the interwebs.

What's not fake news is Red Eye.
    Although I'm not as pissed off as everyone else out here, because a) its fox. b) its on at 2am. c) 2 of them have tried to cross the border since the showing and haven't been allowed in Canada hahah which I find much more humorous.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Usually the first thing I hear from a European who has just recently arrived in the US is how much safer it is than he'd expected. Apparently some of them really do think there's violence in the streets and everyone's packing an assault rifle.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Thats because people buy into stereotypes. And the American stereotype is that they are violent and dumb.

And I LOVE the Onion

Quote Originally Posted by lastwish View Post
    Thats because people buy into stereotypes. And the American stereotype is that they are violent and dumb.

And I LOVE the Onion
    Honestly i would think violent and smart would be a worse combo =)

Yeah the Onion rocks...
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson