+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Working out?

Working out?

Anyone here know much about working out?
    I do weights(dumbells) every day.. And do a variety of exercises with them..
    + Pushups and situps..

Do you think I should work out every day? Or give my muscles a rest sometimes?
    This is pretty much what I do(In order):
    10 slow pushups
    20 Flat Chest Flies
    12 Front Raises
    12 Hammer Curls
    40-100 Situps
    12 Concentration Curls
    10 Lying Leg Raise+thrusts
    10 slow pushups

Should I be doing more? Or less, or different exercises?
    By the way, each of the dumbells is 5KG.
    "And Such Is Life"
    [url=www.desiwow.net/][/url]
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/desinatex][/url]

I would suggest some cardio. Good for the heart and usually makes me feel pretty energized afterward. Also, I have read in a few fitness magazines that it is good to give your muscles a rest once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by cewzp4 View Post
    I would suggest some cardio. Good for the heart and usually makes me feel pretty energized afterward. Also, I have read in a few fitness magazines that it is good to give your muscles a rest once in a while.
    Yeah I do.. But I was wondering if its okay to work out every day.. Cause I've read in a few places that you should and in others that you should every 2nd day..
    "And Such Is Life"

I'm not sure. I read in a fitness magazine recently that you should take off a day or two a week so your muscles can relax and then they can work harder during the next workout. I tend to take a day or two off a week and it usually makes me more motivated to work out the next day. Maybe you should just try it and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by cewzp4 View Post
    I'm not sure. I read in a fitness magazine recently that you should take off a day or two a week so your muscles can relax and then they can work harder during the next workout. I tend to take a day or two off a week and it usually makes me more motivated to work out the next day. Maybe you should just try it and see what happens?
    Yeah Thanks alot for the tips..
    I took yesterday off.
    "And Such Is Life"

As a general rule, you don't want to work the same part of your body two days in a row. When you lift you actually tear muscle fibers and your body rebuilds and reinforces them, which causes bulking and strengthening. You can use creatine or other supplements to speed the healing process, but I am unconvinced that it really helps. Steroids are the only sure fire way to speed up the process, but they also destroy your body at the same time.

Upper body one day, lower the next and don't neglect cardio...it will do you the most good in the long run.

Another thing you can do for your health is not play WoW, that alone will kill you. Trust me on that one, i have over 300 DAYS played across all my characters.
    Last edited by Cbrider; 01-04-09 at 06:40 PM.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

this my schedule of my work out. check if its ok.

Monday
    [Workout 1]
    1. Run for 10 mins and then stretch
    2. Pecs 95lbs (warm up) 110-115lbs(i use this when im done with my warm up) 4 sets of 8-12
    3. back (forgot how much weight i lift) 4 sets of 10-12
    4. abs[top, mid, lower, side] (forgot the weight) 4 sets of 8-12
    5. go home drink my supplements called "MASS XXX" got it from GNC.

Tuesday
    [Work out 2]
    1. Run for 10 mins and then stretch
    2. biceps 15lbs (warm up) 25 (actual) 4 sets of 10-12
    3. [the muscle behind the biceps] (forgot what it was called) 15lbs (warm up) 25lbs (actual) 4 sets of 10-12
    4. shoulders[front] 15lbs 4 sets of 8-12
    5. shoulders[mid] 15 lbs 4 sets of 8-12
    6. shoulders[back] 5 lbs 4 sets of 8-12 (i cant lift that much weight when i work this muscle out, kinda gay but w/e)
    7. go home drink my supplements called "MASS XXX" got it from GNC.

Wednesday
    [Work out 3]
    1. run for 10 mins and then stretch
    2. hamstrings (forgot the weight) 4 sets of 10-12
    3. [muscle behind hamstrings] (forgot the weight) 4 sets of 10-12
    4. calf (forgot the weight) 4 sets of 10-12
    5. glutes (work this out from time to time) 4 sets of 10-12

Thursday
    Break

Friday
    Work out 1

Saturday
    Break

Sunday
    Work out 2.

Monday
    Workout 3

Tuesday
    workout 1

Wednesday
    Workout 2

Thurs
    break

Friday
    Workout 3

Saturday
    Break

Sunday
    Workout 1

you get the pattern right?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrider View Post
    As a general rule, you don't want to work the same part of your body two days in a row. When you lift you actually tear muscle fibers and your body rebuilds and reinforces them, which causes bulking and strengthening. You can use creatine or other supplements to speed the healing process, but I am unconvinced that it really helps. Steroids are the only sure fire way to speed up the process, but they also destroy your body at the same time.
    Hmm, well I've never tried any of those supplements/health foods or whatnot.. And I'm not planning on doing steroids..
    I'll just keep going how I am.. And have a rest completely every 2nd/3rd day or so..

Or maybe, do weights one day.. and the next do cardio.. Then alternate between the two.. <- sounds good to me.

What do you think?

Upper body one day, lower the next and don't neglect cardio...it will do you the most good in the long run.
    I don't do enough cardio... I really should start going for jogs.. The problem is I live on a really steep hill.. But hmm, thats no excuse.. I really should be doing it..

Another thing you can do for your health is not play WoW, that alone will kill you. Trust me on that one, i have over 300 DAYS played across all my characters.
    hahah... Well I stopped playing WoW a few months ago... About 3 weeks after the WOTLK expansion came out.. I got to 74 then got banned cause I was too awesome for blizzard...
    They didn't even have a reason as to why I got banned too-.-..
    I got hacked the day after I added a game card... I recalled it and the next day I get a email saying 'youre account has been permenantly disabled'.. naturally I sent them a mail asking about it... They replied with 'We cannot discuss this issue with you any further'...
    I have a feeling they are the ones who hacked me...
    Meh, atleast I stopped
    "And Such Is Life"

Quote Originally Posted by Desinate View Post

hahah... Well I stopped playing WoW a few months ago... About 3 weeks after the WOTLK expansion came out.. I got to 74 then got banned cause I was too awesome for blizzard...
    They didn't even have a reason as to why I got banned too-.-..
    I got hacked the day after I added a game card... I recalled it and the next day I get a email saying 'youre account has been permenantly disabled'.. naturally I sent them a mail asking about it... They replied with 'We cannot discuss this issue with you any further'...
    I have a feeling they are the ones who hacked me...
    Meh, atleast I stopped
    i dont get why people pay money to play games? isnt it a waste of money? its just a game, and besides im pretty sure after a few days or weeks or months wow came out, there was already a private server(free). Why not just join that? i wouldnt spend 1 penny on a game if its p2p. i would BUY the game to play but not pay to play (like pay monthly or yearly to play it).

Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    i dont get why people pay money to play games? isnt it a waste of money?
    Because they are good games with constant updates on content/everything. Not to mention good support(Usually).

besides im pretty sure after a few days or weeks or months wow came out, there was already a private server(free).
    Yeah I do play on private servers a little, but they are 150x more boring than retail WoW servers. The people on private servers are all really really bad and don't know how to play. and alot of them are 12, or have maturity levels of 12 year olds.. + the support sucks/good GM's on private servers are rare... and they lag..
    +alot of skills are buggy, and raids/instances don't work properly.. They aren't scripted.. (Usually they have story lines - not just kill all the monsters you see)
    Theres heaps of reasons why real WoW is better..

i wouldnt spend 1 penny on a game if its p2p. i would BUY the game to play but not pay to play (like pay monthly or yearly to play it).
    Why not? I think its worth it for some games.. But then again, WoW is pretty expensive. :/
    "And Such Is Life"

You don't need to rest as much with bodyweight exercises because they don't put as much strain on your body (including your joints and such). Upon further inspection you aren't really doing too many bodyweight exercises though.

Beginning, I'd probably alternate days, but if you have a good split you can do it daily. I agree you should throw some cardio in, probably starting every other day, but it'll make it harder to gain muscle mass.

Depending on what your goal is will change whether you really wanna include cardio or not. If it's fat loss, general fitness, or cross training, then go for it. If you are going pure mass gaining (which is more of a bodybuilder goal then anything) consider leaving it out. I know personally if I was gaining mass I'd leave it in because I'm just interested in running and my goal isn't to become gigantic, it's to be balanced and in shape Bruce Lee style.