+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals from ex

s_b is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag

Mixed signals from ex

Ex broke up with me 3 months ago - she "didn't have those feelings for me"...(posted about this before).

Anyhow - got sporadic texts every now and then, "hope you ok", "want to chat online" blahh. For my part, i was pretty NC - got into a chat with her about 3 weeks ago (on her request) but she was really cold/distant, so i didn't respond after (i was really pissed at myself and her for how she was "chatting" to me).

So last week get a text from her asking "do you completely hate me? sent you a message online". So i go to look (yeah...i was hoping for an apology) but there's no message but she's online for a chat. I log out - get another text "if you don't want to chat to me i wish you'd just say...goodbye".

Well, i go online, tell her that i didn't see no message - she said it must have expired (could be true) but i didn't press any further on it - i just didn't want to have a moaning chat about how rude she was before etc. So i was on there for like 5 mins, talking about general stuff, she did the same, i was at work so cut it short and said bye. She was all polite.

I know i'm reading into this way too much but on her name/tag there was this link to music video. Never asked her about it but it was this love song - all about lost love, making mistakes, wishing everything could change....she is this real emotional girl (and i know the reasons why) but i find it very strange it on there...Oh man, i'm dreaming it's for me but i know it can't be - but she's so insecure about opening up, i was too chicken to ask because, well after all that's happened, i don't want any more pain. But if you don't love someone, why all the drama of "you hate me", letting me know she's listening to all these weepy love songs....

I just don't get it...but maybe i do...because she's got me thinking about her again...

Wishy-washy ex is turning me into some wishy-washy love-struck fool...when i keep my distance i get, "why you not talking to me", but if she wants to angle to reconcile why doesn't she just say...she broke up with me!!!

Hmmm...she may very well have posted that song for you to see. If you want to get back together with her, I'd give her a call and say exactly what you said here. Tell her, you're confused about her signs. Honestly though, think hard about whether or not you want her back. She seems a little mean and immature...sorry. If you don't want her back, tell her to stop contacting you.

The very fact that this chick is giving you sporadic mixed signals says that she is clearly not mature enough to handle basic human interaction. I'm surprised you haven't exploded yet.

Why does this girl think that you want to drop everything to "chat"? Because you do! Stop doing that! She's bored and probably wants to be pursued instead of just saying, "Hey, I'd like to see you."

Be straight and just ask her what the heck she wants. If she keeps jerking you around then just change your phone number and screen name if you have to. Either way, she sounds like a bit of an attention whore and you're only feeding her.